Who gets up first in your home?

DH has always been a early riser. When we both worked ( & wanted to get in early) he was up around 5:00am & got me up about 30 minutes or so later when he left.Now that we are both retired he gets up around 7:30 & gets me up about an hour or so later. Of course I go to bed an hour or so after he does.

It used to be 100% me, but overtime we have changed. During the work/school week Im up first, followed by DD and then DH - but we all get up within 20 minutes of each other.

I used to be the first one up on weekends, now I'm usually the last. Little by little DH has become more of a morning person on the weekends. But DD (11) almost always beats us both up, and is on the couch on her ipad.

Me, depending on what time the toddler decides to start the day, which is usually at 5 AM.

The kitties have started waking up my husband at 4:30 so that he will give them a treat and then snuggle with them on the couch until the alarm goes off at 6:00. They are very spoiled.🤣

On work days, DH usually gets up first, unless I have an early morning photoshoot (as the photographer.) On the weekends, I'm up first.

On weekdays, it depends. If he's going to the office, he gets up earlier. If he's working from home, we get up at about the same time. On weekends, he's almost always up earlier. (When the kids were little, I was often up first with them, but they sleep later than either of us these days!) I love to sleep late on weekends, but my husband says "I don't have time to sleep late. I have too much goofing off to do!"

It fluctuates between my high school girls at 5am or grandpa. The girls have to be out the door by 6:05 to make it to school in the next town over for a 7am start time. Grandpa makes the younger kids lunches before I head to work 💜.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter