Who has a "Leave a Legacy" tile in Epcot ?

My inlaws do. There were so many of them (6) that it just has their name and the date. My DH and I looked it up once but we've never found it since.

A few years ago on one of the Disney discussion boards, there was a post that generated a ton of debate.

It was from a woman in her 20's.
See and her young husband had bought one of the engraved bricks in "The Walk Around the World" near MK.
Then, within the year, as I recall, they broke up.

She was adamant that Disney needed to REMOVE that BRICK!
She did not want to be associated with her Ex on that brick.

The back-and-forth arguments from posters got heavy and heated.

AFAIK, the brick is still there. :goodvibes

My brother and I are on one together! We stop and point it out every time. I take a picture of it and send it to my mom if she's not with us. I think i was 9 or 10 when we got it done (11ish years ago; give or take a year)

DH and I got ours in 2000 and finally got to see it for the first time in person when we took our kids in 2011!

My son got one with his grandmother when he was two. He is 15 now and we stop to look at it every time.

My DD and I have 2, because I didn't like the first one that they took, so another picture was taken. They ended up putting both pictures on the wall:upsidedow.. When my DS was born my DH had it a picture done with him.
I think they were 5 and 10 mos at the time of pictures.
Most of the time we are staying at BWV so we don't get to the front that often, but when we do we take a picture with ea. kid in front of the picture.
I think we'll stop there this trip and get another picture.

We have a tile with our DD and DS on it. I think they were 4 and 18 months at the time. They are 14 and 11 now. We visit our tile every time we visit which has been nearly every year since. We got the tile as part of a package and thought it was fun thing to do to celebrate a great family vacation. We had no idea then how many times we would actually get to visit that tile together as a family!

Way back in 2004 as part of the Magic Your Way package we received a tile. :yay: The other way to get one was to purchase it. They are at the entrance on the tall granite tablets. Every time we go we " visit " our tile. We were told at the time that they would be there for 25 years. :confused3 I also wonder why they stopped putting them on the tablets , there is plenty of room left. I also wonder what will happen to them after the 25 years is over ? Does anyone know ? :confused3 DGD was with us for that trip ( she was 5 at the time ) She lives in Florida and actually called me ( in RI ) one time because she was at Epcot with other relatives and could not find it !!! :rotfl2: It really makes us feel like a part of us is there. :goodvibes Who else is on those tablets with us?

We have two of them...from our first trip to WDW with our DD in 2001. We wanted a tile with the three of us, but because we could only have two people in it, we have two tiles: one with DD and DH and the other with DD and me. Whenever we go we always write down the location and find the tile and take pictures of us in front of it. We still have the original paperwork from it so we can find it. When we went with our DS for the first time, we tried to get a tile for him, but they stopped doing it by then :(

My daughter and I have one. Makes me smile to know part of us will always be at Disney World - at least for as long as they leave them there, :rotfl:

Penny

We have two. The first is my older DD and myself from our first trip. She was three at the time. It was part of our package like many others have stated. The second one is of my husband and DS when he was either 1 1/2 or 2. I believe we paid for it that time. Sadly their little sis will not haver her tiny image semi-permanently placed inside of Epcot. Who know maybe they will come up with something else. We also always go find it. A few years ago we put the locations into the notes of our phones. We are on the same row on opposite sides of the stone.

We have two as well.

Both of my boys when they were much younger. Now we all stop bye to take pictures of them as they grow each year next to the tiles.

We have one from January 2005, but we've only looked once! This thread makes me want to look for it this trip.:)

we have one for dgd8, first stop in epcot each trip and take a pic. also have two bricks. we search for them every couple of trips. do you remember years ago, people would polish their bricks? think they rubbed then with baby oil.

We have one! The funny thing is I haven't gone back to visit it since! My mom got it for free with the plan she bought that year. I guess I should go check it out next time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter