• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who has been early Feb?

NicholeB630

DIS Veteran
I am reading conflicting crowds for Feb. Some sites say that early Feb is a great time to go and **************.net is showing the first week as being the lowest crowds but then when I look at other sites it doesn't seem like that. I know its all a matter of opinion and guessing. But has anyone been that time of year. Like the 1st - 10th? We went this past September right after Labor day and I thought it was wonderful crowd wise. We've also been second week of Dec and that was also very manageable. Id go Sept again but I just couldn't handle the heat. Thanks!

You want to avoid the marathons and President's Day. You do that and you're golden early Feb.

We went end of Jan/early Feb. Weather was gorgeous and I don't think we waited more than 20 minutes for anything.

You want to avoid the marathons and President's Day. You do that and you're golden early Feb.

We went end of Jan/early Feb. Weather was gorgeous and I don't think we waited more than 20 minutes for anything.

Wow that sounds great. We've always gotten crap weather too. In December it was like freezing i mean not normal temps. 40 in the am and at night and was SO windy. Were from VA so we know what winter is like and cold weather. It really sucked. Then in Sept well it was SO HOT ha. Id love to go and be comfortable for once. Like Id love 60/70. When is Marathon week?

Wow that sounds great. We've always gotten crap weather too. In December it was like freezing i mean not normal temps. 40 in the am and at night and was SO windy. Were from VA so we know what winter is like and cold weather. It really sucked. Then in Sept well it was SO HOT ha. Id love to go and be comfortable for once. Like Id love 60/70. When is Marathon week?
I'm not 100% sure.

Yeah, I went the week before New Year''s and it was 40 all week.

This year, it was 65/70s, until our last two days when it was in the low 80s. Could not have asked for better weather. Timing worked out perfectly as the 80s days were our resort day (POOL!) and our second MK day, which meant Splash was awesome!

I am reading conflicting crowds for Feb. Some sites say that early Feb is a great time to go and **************.net is showing the first week as being the lowest crowds but then when I look at other sites it doesn't seem like that. I know its all a matter of opinion and guessing. But has anyone been that time of year. Like the 1st - 10th? We went this past September right after Labor day and I thought it was wonderful crowd wise. We've also been second week of Dec and that was also very manageable. Id go Sept again but I just couldn't handle the heat. Thanks!
We've been to Disney a couple of times in the first week of February. You can get the tail end of the January tour groups and the very beginning of the President's weekend crowd. One time we went when Mardi Gras was early and we saw a lot of people from Louisiana. The whole state takes the week off. ;) But for the most part the crowds weren't bad at all. :)

But has anyone been that time of year. Like the 1st - 10th?
I've been, still am, at WDW, year round, for decades. Historically, the late Jan and early Feb crowd levels are low to moderate. Temperature-wise, it's winter and you run the risk of it being on the cool side on a few days or nights. If that's ok, go for it.

Two years ago, I took my son for a mom and me long weekend trip over his tenth birthday, which was February 7th. I found the crowds to be pretty low, and we were certainly able to do everything we wanted. It was a little on the cooler side every day but our last, when it warmed up to low to mid 70s by mid day. Didn't stop him from going in the pool though. :goodvibes

Early September and late January into early February are two of my favorite times for lower crowds and I try to go then every year. You'll still see a few large tour groups of under-supervised teens in February but I've found them fairly easy to work around.

We were there the first week of February this year, and it was amazing! We were able to keep getting Soarin' FPs throughout the day. I think we did it four times in one day and could have done it more!

I've been end of January, beginning of February and the crowds were great...but not the weather! We came from New England so we had our winter jackets on at the airport. I told my son we wouldn't need them and to leave them in the car but he refused. Well he had the last laugh because it was so cold they had to cover the plants at the resort to protect them from frost every night! My husband and I had to buy sweatshirts, lol. No swimming for us but it was great crowd wise.

Generally early February has lower than normal crowds. The big exception is President's Day. I wouldn't worry too much about the Princess Half Marathon weekend. The marathon weekends don't significantly affect crowds or wait times in my experience.

The weather can also be hit or miss. I have been down there in February in shorts and I've been down there in February in a winter coat. In 2004 it was in the 70's on Thursday and had a high in the 30's on Sunday.

Thanks so much everyone!! Weather is tricky and I'd really like to go when it will be nice but I know you can never tell with FL. Crowds are a bigger factor in our choice of times to visit though!!!

4 of the last 6 years I've been in early Feb, going back again next year. Crowds not bad at all, resort rates about as low as they get, and my weather has been mostly beautiful. One year I had 2 freezing cold (but sunny and dry) mornings, and another year I had 2 days that dripped rain off and on (but not cold), but otherwise lovely (highs in the 70s and plenty of sun).

The major downsides to me about Feb are some years Splash is closed, and concerns about winter weather messing up flights/travel, but I've never yet had a problem with that.

A few years back, I took a trip sandwiched around Super Bowl Sunday. The crowds were great. I didn't wait for more than 30-40 minutes for anything. Lots of walk ons (even ToT's queue was just inside the building). I had been worried about crowds, so I came armed with touring plans. Totally unnecessary. On Super Bowl Sunday, I finished the whole thing in MK by 3:30 in the afternoon. I spent the rest of the afternoon going back to my favorites.

Weather. It was beautiful at the start--high 70's to low 80's. Then it cooled down. The last day it was cloudy and didn't get out of the 50's. Even that day was tolerable with a jacket. Just come prepared for both extremes.

I've been multiple times the first part of February. The low crowds and the low resort rates are major pluses. Potential problems include unseasonably cold weather in Florida, shorter park hours (as compared to summer), some attractions closed for refurbishment, and weather-related travel issues.

We went for a week in early February 2014. The crowds were moderate. Not low, like during our visit in January 2009, but not really high. There were enough issues with crowds and lines (on one day in particular, Animal Kingdom was packed with people) that I decided then to stop chasing the elusive low-crowd times to visit, to stop using crowd calendars, and instead just visit when was most convenient for our family: spring break, summer & holidays. Have never regretted that decision. The weather on that trip was nice, fyi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter