• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

who has been to MNSSHP w/3 & 6 yr olds?

Sandra

Earning My Ears
Can anyone give me some feedback about Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party? We usually go the first week of December, but have decided to go Oct. 23-Nov. 3rd, so it looks like we'll be at WDW for Halloween this year. My daughters will turn 4 and 7 right before we go. Is the party scary? Are their lots of villians around? My girls usually get scared pretty easy so I'm not sure if this would be good for them or not. Any input?

If you don't think it's a good idea, any suggestions as to what else to do on Halloween?

Thanks so much for your help!

I don't think you will have a problem at all, was there at 2000 MNSSHP w/ two 5's ,7and 8yo's. If your children are not "scared" of the characters in their "normal" costumes (like many kids are) it should be a great time. We liked it alot. Didn't see any cm's or characters trying to scare anyone. Nothing like HHN.

We were at MNSSHP when my son was 7. We liked it fine. We wouldn't go back for it though. My son prefers being home and trick or treating... than doing it at WDW. (and we're huge Disney addicts). It wasn't any of our favourite time. We all dressed up for it.. and tried to have as much fun as possible.. but it was just ok. Not much in the way of treats.. (in our opinion.. and the opinion of others we spoke to). The headless horseman was fun, at the start of the parade. Nothing was scary. It was just nice.

Sandie

We were there this October with 2 3 1/2 year olds and an 8 year old. We all had a great time. We were not there on Halloween so the kids got to dress up and trick or treat twice this year. We decided to go to it since we were there and didn't know if we would go back during October. The parade was a lot of fun and the kids liked getting the treats. We stayed at the resort and swam during the day and then went to the MK about an hour before MNSSHP. The CM's let us in and we got on lots of rides as the regular guest were being made to leave. In less than an hour we rode tea cups, pooh, dumbo, carousel, race cars... After the parade the park was really crowded!!!! We did not stay till the end. For us it was fun experience but I don't know if we would do again. It is not really scary. They do lower the lights throughout the park and play scary music.

We went last October for the MNSSHP and had a great time! My 2 1/2 year old loved every minute of it. So much so that we are planning to go back this year and catch it again. She still talks about the costumes and how Pooh and Tigger were dressed for Halloween. She had this really pretty princess gown on that I bought her before the trip just for this party. Your kids are at a great age for this. There is nothing scary about any of it. Just pure Disney fun!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter