Who has done a VIP tour recently?

NicholeB630

DIS Veteran
We have a trip booked for May 4-8 and we have a VIP tour on the 5th. We are very excited and have never done one. We plan on starting at Hollywood studios, knocking that out and then heading to MK and ending there. We are doing 8 hours just to have a little extra cushion room for bathroom breaks/getting food. But just wanted to hear any feedback from anyone who has recently done one?! Thanks!

We did not do one but we saw quite a few parties doing them while we were in the parks on M/T/W. All looked like they were having a great time! Have a wonderful vacation!

We did one on the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend 2021.
It is amazing.
8 hours for HS and MK might be asking a lot depending on how thorough you want to be.

We’ve done two. Only 7 hours both times. We covered 3 parks (not EP) and approximately 15 attractions (can remember exact number). We definitely hit all the most popular ones including ROTR, FOP, all 4 mountains, TOT and RNR with the exception of MMRR (it wasn’t open yet). We did not stop to eat but grabbed a few snacks (popcorn, etc). It was exhausting but fun.

We did one in October. 7 hours, 4 parks, but we only did Remy in Epcot. Hit all the big rides in the other three parks, and sat down for a quick service lunch in HS. I am the grandmother, and was dead on my feet at the end. However, was great, and my kids/grandkids said we needed to build this in to budget for any future trips,

We have a trip booked for May 4-8 and we have a VIP tour on the 5th. We are very excited and have never done one. We plan on starting at Hollywood studios, knocking that out and then heading to MK and ending there. We are doing 8 hours just to have a little extra cushion room for bathroom breaks/getting food. But just wanted to hear any feedback from anyone who has recently done one?! Thanks!
The only problem with VIP is that once you do it you will never want to go to MK without a tour. We were 10 hours in January but lunch ran much longer than we had wanted. Next time we'll skip the sit down in favor of quick serve like we did in May. 8 hours is doable as long as you aren't going to spend a lot of time meeting characters or watching parades/fireworks (which we have done in the past). This year we hit everything on our list and repeated all of our favorites (DD wanted to ride Mine Train 3 times, we did Slinky 3x, Space Mountain twice, etc). It is tied with Christmas as my kids' favorite day of the year. They consider our guide to be a favorite uncle that they don't get to see nearly as often as they would want to. We talk about him all the time.

We did one on the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend 2021.
It is amazing.
8 hours for HS and MK might be asking a lot depending on how thorough you want to be.

I have friends who did 7 hours and started at HS and Ended at MK and even went to AK to ride FOP in-between haha. They got so much done. But that's why I added the extra hour for some cushion.

The only problem with VIP is that once you do it you will never want to go to MK without a tour. We were 10 hours in January but lunch ran much longer than we had wanted. Next time we'll skip the sit down in favor of quick serve like we did in May. 8 hours is doable as long as you aren't going to spend a lot of time meeting characters or watching parades/fireworks (which we have done in the past). This year we hit everything on our list and repeated all of our favorites (DD wanted to ride Mine Train 3 times, we did Slinky 3x, Space Mountain twice, etc). It is tied with Christmas as my kids' favorite day of the year. They consider our guide to be a favorite uncle that they don't get to see nearly as often as they would want to. We talk about him all the time.

We will def do quick service at HS when were done with rides before heading to MK, were not worried about the parades so we won't be stopping for that and my kids don't really care about characters anymore. So we'll just wave to them in passing. We def just want to be able to ride everything and some more than once!! Im so excited about avoiding rope drop at the two craziest parks!

I've never been on a vip tour, but saw a bunch of them last week. fairly large groups too. Looks like a lot of fun

I've done multiple tours at different times of the year. I will never go to Disney w/o a tour during the winter holiday period, it's just too crazy.

The tour is fun, but it makes the entire trip more enjoyable. You lose the "pixie dust" with the tour, your just running from one place to the next without really enjoying it. Would I give it up? haha never as long as I can afford it. Prior to getting Tours, we would be running from place to place to get the fastest access to rides, stress if we're going to make that ride or this ride. With the tour, that stress is removed as long as your willing to pay for enough hours to hit your must do. The rest of the trip its about walking around, going on the shorter wait time rides and eating snacks.

I've done multiple tours at different times of the year. I will never go to Disney w/o a tour during the winter holiday period, it's just too crazy.

The tour is fun, but it makes the entire trip more enjoyable. You lose the "pixie dust" with the tour, your just running from one place to the next without really enjoying it. Would I give it up? haha never as long as I can afford it. Prior to getting Tours, we would be running from place to place to get the fastest access to rides, stress if we're going to make that ride or this ride. With the tour, that stress is removed as long as your willing to pay for enough hours to hit your must do. The rest of the trip its about walking around, going on the shorter wait time rides and eating snacks.

This is why I booked it on our first full day. HS isn't a park I wanna leisurely walk around in, just wanna ride rides and be done, so that way we'll end at MK around 4:30 and we have the rest of the evening to hang out in the park etc. Then we have two more full days which will be at Epcot and AK and if we wanna hop back to MK or even HS for anything we can those days :) I know my kids wanna ride rides and being able to do our favorites more than once is awesome without the long waits.

This is why I booked it on our first full day. HS isn't a park I wanna leisurely walk around in, just wanna ride rides and be done, so that way we'll end at MK around 4:30 and we have the rest of the evening to hang out in the park etc. Then we have two more full days which will be at Epcot and AK and if we wanna hop back to MK or even HS for anything we can those days :) I know my kids wanna ride rides and being able to do our favorites more than once is awesome without the long waits.
Hopefully you are coming from somewhere where transportation isn't an issue. We never book VIP the first full day just in case we have flight issues (we live in the northeast and visit Disney in January). I imagine summer storms could also cause travel delays as well.

But the point about taking the stress out of the day is absolutely right. It's one day a year when I know someone else will take care of absolutely everything and the hardest decision I have to make is what to order for dessert at lunch. Who am I kidding...this is VIP Day...just order both!

Hopefully you are coming from somewhere where transportation isn't an issue. We never book VIP the first full day just in case we have flight issues (we live in the northeast and visit Disney in January). I imagine summer storms could also cause travel delays as well.

But the point about taking the stress out of the day is absolutely right. It's one day a year when I know someone else will take care of absolutely everything and the hardest decision I have to make is what to order for dessert at lunch. Who am I kidding...this is VIP Day...just order both!
I’m not worried about transportation at all. We’re flying from VA the morning before! So I think it will be fine! I’m so excited

We did one in October, the week before G+ came out. I've got another one booked for mid-May and we have the same plans as you... HS first, then MK. In October, we started at 2pm in MK, then to HS, then EP with reserved viewing for fireworks. It was great, but our 4 & 2 year olds were asleep by fireworks time. This time we're starting getting picked up from BLT at 9am and we'll end at 4pm.

Piggybacking - I have the # to call and know it is 60+10, but what time eastern do I begin calling? I thought I read that it was midnight, not 6 am?

Piggybacking - I have the # to call and know it is 60+10, but what time eastern do I begin calling? I thought I read that it was midnight, not 6 am?

Yup 9am eastern I called literally right at 9am and only waited like 15 before I talked to someone! They had the day I wanted available.

Yup 9am eastern I called literally right at 9am and only waited like 15 before I talked to someone! They had the day I wanted available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter