Who here uses CM's SBC+ for digital scrapping?

- How do I use a template? I recently downloaded a template that I want to use. I extracted it and then put it into SBC+. How do I put the paper, embellishments, and photos in the place of the layers?

Somewhere on this thread is a full explaination. I'm not sure which page - sorry - but it is there in complete detail. I think I did one, and maybe DisneyBaby, too.

- I put a tag on a page and wanted to import a photo into the tag so that it would be the same size and have the rounded corners. How do I do that?

Two ways. You can do either or both to get the required effect. Just remember that when SBC+ imports something, it starts at the top left corner.

1. crop the photo that you have imported to be the same shape as the template.
2. copy/paste the object, and increase the size to page size. Highlight; chose photo and import into selected object.

- How do I split a photo over 2 pages?

That's harder; trial and error. If you are doing page prints, it's simple; just use half of the photo on each page. If you are doing a StoryBook, then you must adjust for the binding. When you go to the "view" tab, choose the left or right page view; a shaded section will go over what will not be seen.

- Is it possible to look and/or work on two pages at once for a 2 page spread?

Not really. You can do one page, then when you're in the other, drag the page over and set it next to it. This is also described somewhere earlier in the thread

I hope this helps.

Thanks guiltymom for the great advice. I have read most of this thread but I guess it won't hurt to go through it again. I'm sure I will pick of a bunch of new things. But thanks so much for the advice! :cloud9:

Never heard of VM Fusion. I looked at Dawn's website. It looks like we Mac users have to spend a lot more to use SBC+. Oh well. Sounds like VM Fusion is the best option.

How do you get your iPhotos (and other things you might have) from your Mac to the PC side? I am so PC-challenged!

At regional convention this year someone asked about this and it sounded like from the answer, SB+ will be utilizing some type of web-based program in the future to help out Mac users. 2 years ago at Showcase they showed no interest in further researching this topic (gave us some crazy stats like 90% of people use pc's and 10% use macs so it wasn't really worth the time and money to do this when people could just purchase the windows parallel or whatever it is (not familiar with macs at all, sorry!). So it seems they are looking into bringing out a web-based version but didn't give us a time frame.

At regional convention this year someone asked about this and it sounded like from the answer, SB+ will be utilizing some type of web-based program in the future to help out Mac users. 2 years ago at Showcase they showed no interest in further researching this topic (gave us some crazy stats like 90% of people use pc's and 10% use macs so it wasn't really worth the time and money to do this when people could just purchase the windows parallel or whatever it is (not familiar with macs at all, sorry!). So it seems they are looking into bringing out a web-based version but didn't give us a time frame.

Thanks for the info! I'll keep my eyes open. We might be upgrading our Mac in the near future so that may help as well. I want to join the club!!!:thumbsup2

Hi all!! I made this LO into a 12x12 Template if anyone wants it....

Ticket_to_Ride_-_Page_096.jpg

CREDITS

GRAB IT HERE

Thanks Christy! I love all the templates you've made!

Oh, and have a Happy Mother's Day everyone!

Thanks for the new templates Christy! I haven't been on this board since 03/09!!! :scared1::scared1::scared1: Just been too busy over at SM. Trying to use the Queen of Scrap to complete my May 08 Disney book so I'm going to try and pop in over here more. Glad to see some new SBC+ converts. :thumbsup2

I still can't figure out how to use a template. I understand what they are for but the previous instructions in this thread don't make sense. I am trying to get pictures in the boxes and nothing is seeming to work.
Help Please!

I can't figure out the templates either. Remedial template 101 for me, please. :laughing:

I still can't figure out how to use a template. I understand what they are for but the previous instructions in this thread don't make sense. I am trying to get pictures in the boxes and nothing is seeming to work.
Help Please!

I can't figure out the templates either. Remedial template 101 for me, please. :laughing:

Do the boxes say "drop photo here" in them? If so, you just drag and drop your pictures from the photo tab on the right into the squares you want them in. If the boxes don't have those words in them (if you're using a flattened template or a .png quick page), you have to add photo boxes to the page, put them behind the top layer, and then add pictures.

Let me know if any of that helped, or if I just made it worse! :headache:

If it's Christy's templates you're talking about, here's what to do. Save the file somewhere you can find it, then bring up a project in sbc+. Go to Import Page and go to the file that you've saved the template. It will bring it into your book/project all ready to go, nothing else to do except for adding your photos and playing with it. Cool, huh?

The templates are Britt's I think. They do not say drop photo here. How do you add a picture box?

The templates are Britt's I think. They do not say drop photo here. How do you add a picture box?

A-ha! That's the problem. Christy's templates (and the calendar ones I made) are all made in SBC+, so they have those picture spots built in. With ones like Britt's, you have to click on photos on the top bar, then add photo (should be a gray box). Then you make that box the right dimensions for your picture and then add it to the page. Then you fill the other elements on the page with papers, etc.

A-ha! That's the problem. Christy's templates (and the calendar ones I made) are all made in SBC+, so they have those picture spots built in. With ones like Britt's, you have to click on photos on the top bar, then add photo (should be a gray box). Then you make that box the right dimensions for your picture and then add it to the page. Then you fill the other elements on the page with papers, etc.

Yeah!!!! Thanks Jessica!

If it's Christy's templates you're talking about, here's what to do. Save the file somewhere you can find it, then bring up a project in sbc+. Go to Import Page and go to the file that you've saved the template. It will bring it into your book/project all ready to go, nothing else to do except for adding your photos and playing with it. Cool, huh?

The is where I am having the problem. I can't seem to locate the template where I can find it to import.:confused3 I need to conquer this.

Not to break up the conversation about templates, but I found a new feature on SBC+ yesterday, at least for me! When you use the "sharpen light" feature on focus your photo will become speckled, which bugs me like crazy. I've really hated that.

But yesterday when I was messing around with a pic that was a bit out of focus, I clicked on the "other" icon under the "enhance" tab to see what was there. It gives you four options, the last of which is to despeckle. Well, I tried it and it got rid of all those speckles and the photo looks much better.

I still haven't upgraded my computer to MM 3.0 so I'm not sure if you can do it in there. But I wanted to make sure to pass this along to you, just in case you didn't know about it. It was definitely one of those "a ha!" moments.

And Lisa, I created a "templates" file under my "downloads" file in my computer. I put all of my template files in there. If I didn't, I'd never ever find them! PM me if you're still having problems.

The is where I am having the problem. I can't seem to locate the template where I can find it to import.:confused3 I need to conquer this.

I created a folder under Creative Memories/story Books/ called templates. That's the same place that all of my Story book projects are stored. If you do that, hopefully you'll be able to find and import the templates from there.

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried saving to my desktop, but I can't find it when I go to import. Will try a folder under downloads next.

Thanks for the despeckled information. I'll tuck that information away for future use.

I have finished a couple of pages now and am wondering how I should be saving them. They are now saved in SB. Should I be saving them in a different file on my computer?
I would love to share my pages, but I can't figure out how to get them into Photobucket.

Kelsi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter