Who Invited My Mother In Law? A Moderately Deluxe TR All New X 3 & PTR Link 2/3 !!

Sick or not, your review of Tony's was great. Thank you. It's a place we've never been yet, but it gets such bad reports usually... we'll have to see. I am glad yours was good :)

Glad DH took control and you got a rest in... see - it worked! We won't tell him he was right. Can't wait to see how the night goes.

I am sorry you felt so poorly, we have had a few really great experiences at Tony's!

I hope that the rest of the night you were feeling better!

Glad she's loving the American Girl doll! I can't wait to see the pictures from American Girl place!

Sadly, I must report that while Ariel's new grotto is amazingly done and well themed, there was no Prince Eric to be found:(

We almost ate at Tony's while we were there and I'm kinda glad we didn't now!

Getting sick on vacation, especially Disney is terrible but at least Maddie and your husband allowed/encouraged the rest! Hope you got better quickly!

Luvin the update. Tony's looks cool inside I've never been. I love the not impressed look on Maddies face at the meatball on her noodles :goodvibes

Disclaimer**

FYI. Around here, the correct spelling for that is DISclaimer.

This may be the worst dining review ever as I was sick, fading fast, and couldn't taste much, and Bryan has a terrible memory. I did take notes though!

Okay, we'll forgive you... this time.

We were excited for this meal as we are all great fans of both Italian food and Lady and the Tramp.

Who isn't? I really don't know too many people who don't like Italian food.

Do you think that there's someone in Italy right now thinking, "I really don't know too many people who don't like American food"?

We were seated near a multi-generation group of women who were the "Disney is trying to gouge us with these prices, I paid a lot of money for this vacation, and you'll enjoy it whether you like it or not" types of tourists.

Ugh.

"Excuse me, but I paid a lot of money to come to Disney and get away from people like you. Would you mind going away? Thanks a bunch."

If they'd been there the whole time we were I may have lost my mind.

ummm.... Shan? Uh, don't know how to break this to you, but... umm... you know where you say you may have lost your mind?...

Maddie shocked us by ordering the fruit.

:faint:

The bread was fantastic (must be really good because even in my altered state I loved it)

"altered state"? Ah, so you've already accepted it. Good for you. Acceptance is the first step.

When our entrees arrived, Maddie was aghast to find her noodles had been served with one plain meatball atop the pile. We quickly explained that it was so she could nose it as Tramp had done and that not only appeased her, it made her giggle. Bryan was happy to take the meatball off her hand once the photo was taken.

IMG_5882_zpsfa14e07d.jpg

:lmao: Awesome pic! And great save with the "nose it as Tramp had done" line. Did she try and nose it?

Theres a good chance that the ziti at Tonys Town Square is delicious, but at the time I tried it I was feeling so poorly that it tasted like flavorless mush to me.

Bryan found the chicken parm to be average.

I did a thread several years ago asking what people thought was the worst restaurant in WDW. Tony's was pretty high on the list. It came in an unofficial 2nd place I believe.

I laid down on the bed "for a few minutes" and woke up 3 hours later.

You know you're sick when...

Poor Shan... :sad2:

Once I woke up I was feeling much more human than I had after lunch, so we cleaned ourselves up and headed out determined to enjoy the last night of our vacation.

Yay for feeling better! Hope it lasted the night.
Thanks for the chapter Shanopedia. :goodvibes

So, so glad that you joined in! You are tied for my favorite post of the day!

Thank you so very much! She certainly loves WDW and immerses herself in the magic. I am certain that I'll have a Disney Bride on my hands someday.

Please don't be a stranger!

Aw thank you! I'm doing a pretty good job of indoctrinating my little princesses ;) I think they'll be sufficiently obsessed in another year or two haha

It's so funny you said that, I tell my DH that I'll agree to pay for their weddings in full as long as they're Disney weddings. lol!

so sorry you got sick at the end of your trip though! That's always the worst :(

So sorry you weren't feeling good. :( My family went to Tony's on our first trip and we all really enjoyed it! If you ever go back I suggest a flatbread for lunch. :) YUM!

Phew, only two updates to catch up on. First let me say that I will be borrowing your idea of starting each chapter with "The one with...". I just don't have enough (any) catchy titles for this trip. I sucked at note taking.

Being sick on vacation sucks, but being sick on your very last day is even worse. :sick: I would have been like you, trying to push myself to stay in the parks. I'm glad taking a nap helped you feel better so you could at least enjoy the evening.

I'm in love with these Animators' Dolls. I really really really wanted to buy one for Claudia this trip, but Ron preferred to wait until she was old enough to have a favorite princess/choose one herself. I'm a bit upset I let him convince me. I just hope they still have this collection in a few years! Maddie is so lucky to have gotten not one, but two of those dolls! She got the one I would have bought, Mulan.

I'm joining in super late...

What a great trip report! Your daughter is adorable, and your video of the surprise at the beginning was an absolute hoot! I loved it!

I hope the afternoon at the pool was fun for Maddie and relaxing for you...

Sorry you were feeling so poorly on your last day.

We've not done Tony's in several years now; we do prefer lunch over dinner, but the food is just "meh." But we do love the atmosphere...it is wonderful.

I love what you told Maddie about her meatball...that is a mom on top of it!

Glad you had a nap and were feeling better to go back out. Can't wait to hear what you did.

Hey Shannon- Is there is picture of Maddie meeting Mulan on the Disney facebook page? I just opened up facebook and the official Walt Disney World facebook page has a photo of a little girl with Mulan, and I swear it is Maddie!

The little girl is wearing a custom made pink Mulan dress and holding a parasol. If it is not Maddie than your daughter has a Disney princess loving twin out there in cyberspace!

CandleontheWater said:
Hey Shannon- Is there is picture of Maddie meeting Mulan on the Disney facebook page? I just opened up facebook and the official Walt Disney World facebook page has a photo of a little girl with Mulan, and I swear it is Maddie!

The little girl is wearing a custom made pink Mulan dress and holding a parasol. If it is not Maddie than your daughter has a Disney princess loving twin out there in cyberspace!

I was thinking the same thing...it looks like Maddie.

Have loved reading your trip report!

Is that Maddie on the WDW facebook page today? If so...how cool is that! She looks lovely...love the outfir!

Have loved reading your trip report!

Is that Maddie on the WDW facebook page today? If so...how cool is that! She looks lovely...love the outfir!

Oh wow,I had to go and look and..if that isn't Maddie, then she has a Disney lovin' twin somewhere out there! How awesome!

merbobear said:
Oh wow,I had to go and look and..if that isn't Maddie, then she has a Disney lovin' twin somewhere out there! How awesome!

Holy cow! That looks just like her...has to be Maddie!

Hey guys thanks for the heads up! That's not Maddie, but it sure does look just like her! I'm sure that she'd be thrilled if it was :)

I'll get back her later- just wanted to clear up the mystery :)

Hey guys thanks for the heads up! That's not Maddie, but it sure does look just like her! I'm sure that she'd be thrilled if it was :)

I'll get back her later- just wanted to clear up the mystery :)

I had to go look- it DOES look like her!!!

I see you have a new Ticker! Yay for a future trip!!! pixiedust:

Love that you have a new ticker!! Does that mean a PTR?? I know it means another TR YAY!!! Love your TRs!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter