Who is getting/wants an Apple Watch?

SkaGoat

DIS Veteran
I am patiently awaiting the delivery of my watch (should be tomorrow).

Who is planning to get one? and which one?

no I will not be getting one, I don't get having to buy something every time something new comes out.

Not me. I've pretty much bought all the new upgrades as they came out. But I am not interested in this at all. I haven't done a lot of research, but from what I can tell They are way behind androids watch release and I can't tell what it does differently except work with iPhone.

I have the Microsoft Band (which does work with an iPhone, by the way) and it does everything I'd ever do on a larger smart watch. I can even control my lights from it.

Mine should ship today. I got the smaller sport (white band). Basically, the cheapest :) I wanted the bigger one for my old eyes but it was huge on my wrist.

I was so not going to get one, but the more I talk to people who have one, the more I wanted one. I have had to carry a phone with me literally everywhere for years and years because I'm on call 24/7. With the watch, I can leave my phone anywhere in the house and as long as I'm on wi-fi, I can answer calls from the watch. SUCH a wonderful thing! No more almost washing my phone with the clothes because I tossed it in the laundry basket because my hands were full.

So I'm psyched.

I received mine last week and LOVE it. I also bought the 38mm and have no issues with the screen size.

I'm not sure yet. I have a Pebble smart watch but I like the apple watch interface a lot. But I kinda need to replace my iPad soon, so not sure yet.

I'm an avid Apple fan girl but it hasn't really peaked my interest. I stopped wearing a watch when I started carrying a phone regularly and have a jewelry box drawer dedicated to some really nice watches that I never wear anymore. The only thing I could see me using it for is workouts and there are much less expensive alternatives that would connect to my phone. The Apple Watch would wasted on me.

I belong to an iForum and the consensus there seems to be if you don't really have a clear idea how you'll use it you probably wouldn't like it. However, if you DO have a pretty good picture of what you'll use it for, you'll love it. Congrats on your purchase, I hope you'll like it.

I've had mine for a couple of months now. I have the sport watch but DH got me the metal band for Mother's Day. I like it a lot - definitely not a necessity, but a neat thing to have.

My son did the preorder and he has had his for a few weeks. He absolutely loves it and I have to say I wouldn't mind having one myself. Its very nice. He got an app for it that will alert him to our fast pass times on our upcoming vacation so that will be handy.

1. I'm an Android user.

2. I've turned off most notifications on my phone to begin with. I feel like a "watch" would just be a distraction and useless since the only notifications I receive now are for new email and text messages.

I was 20 minutes late pre-ordering it, and got mine a few weeks ago. I was so excited about it it was inevitably a let-down when I got it and started using it. Now that I'm a few weeks into using it, I like it but would agree with others that its not a life changer, at least in non-subtle ways.
He got an app for it that will alert him to our fast pass times on our upcoming vacation so that will be handy.
Can you find out what this is and post the name? I'd love to have it on my upcoming August trip.

Mine should arrive tomorrow. I went back and forth about getting one but eventually talked to some people who had them and decided to take the plunge. I absolutely do not NEED it, although I think I could see some nice advantages to having it. The real truth is I just WANT it. :) I love gadgets and I'm just a total sucker for the "idea" of a watch/phone. I also got the 38mm white sport band. I understand there are supposed to be some 3rd party options available for bands coming or already there, so I'll wait to buy some other bands until some more reviews get out about those.

We are getting DS one for his graduation/birthday. He really wanted one but he is a poor grad school kid and its not in his budget. He would never ask us for one but we decided that we wanted him to have one. It is certainly not a necessary item but he loves all things apple so I know he will love it. We won't have it by his birthday next week so we are wrapping up the cutest, pink little girls watch we could find at the $ store and when he opens it, we will tell him he can exchange it for his apple watch that should be here the next week.

I have been wearing mine for four days now. It was a gift for Mother's Day and I wasn't sure so I waited to open the box. I am a gadget person but I like it more than I expected. I really like the reminders to stand and the overall motivation to move more. I really need to move more and the watch is always there on my wrist reminding me. I also like receiving messages that I can look at a glance. I wore it to a movie last night and it was nice to receive messages on the small screen. It was much less disruptive than checking a phone on a much brighter and bigger screen.

One drawback is that the circle activity display does not pick up indoor cycling. I have an artificial knee and have to rely on that for my aerobic activity. The workout app (which is different) does work well with recording and measuring statistics while cycling. The apple people tell me that the new iOS well interface better.

Those of you buying the cheaper sports model, I think the glass on the front may not be as strong as other models. I may have this wrong but if this matters to you you might want to check.

I got mine on release day (even though my estimated delivery date was May 29th) I LOVE it!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter