Who is going in December 2022??

tlcdoula

DIS Veteran
We are about 4 months out and Starting to think about our trip in early December.

Who else is starting to plan??

We snagged a sweet DVC reservation at the Grand Cal for Dec ... so we'll be on property ... but unsure about park passes. This might be a "hotel" visit w/out parks??? Hmmmm. We'll see ... waiting on AP/MagicKey renewal info ...

I need to get our tickets but would like to hear if they are doing a Christmas Party so we can plan around that for our park days. Hopefully it will come out soon so we can pick our park days etc.

This trip we are traveling with my daughter her boyfriend and our new grandson who will be around 8 months when we go. This is a whole new ballgame going with a baby...

My sister and I are planning our annual Christmas trip, the 8-12. So far, we just have flights. We stay at the GCH but I've not booked it yet.

Heading there for 5 days (12/4-12/8) with my wife, 2 kids (5 and 1) and parents. Ready to get park reservations later this week and celebrating my b-day in the park! My 5 year old is excited to be a princess and ride Snow White. The 1 year will likely just point at everything and call it a ball. Can't wait!!!

We'll be there for Christmas, which is a first! We haven't been back since our 2018 trip, when my daughter turned 3. She'll be 7 this time, and my son will be 12, which blows my mind. We'll spend the first few nights at DLH, and the next few at GCH.

I'm a little worried by all the negative reports I've seen lately, but we'll just plan to stay relaxed and go with the flow, and hopefully it'll be great.

We always staycation at the Grand for a couple of nights the first week of December. Bring on the spiked hot cocoa!

Last edited:
First time back in 3 years for us - Dec 11-16 at VGC. We have our flights but no tix yet. I have no clue how to figure out park reservations! We are very spontaneous hoppers and our plans change as our trip progresses.

I need to get our tickets but would like to hear if they are doing a Christmas Party so we can plan around that for our park days. Hopefully it will come out soon so we can pick our park days etc.

This trip we are traveling with my daughter her boyfriend and our new grandson who will be around 8 months when we go. This is a whole new ballgame going with a baby...
Yes, there is a MVMC party and tickets are already on sale on the Disney website

I am beyond excited now for our trip. My daughter's friend gets to go with us and I've gotten her on the reservation.

We'll be staying at GC (eeeeek) from the first Saturday to Wednesday. I got us 5 day park hoppers, was planning on 4 but went for it on our arrival day. We'll go to CA our first day and not hit up Disneyland at all. This will be a first for us as we always do DL as our first park.

We haven't been at Christmas in 9 years and haven't stayed at GC for 6ish years. My daughter was almost three and doesn't remember it.

The fact that her friend is coming is fantastic. I don't like some of the rides so they can do them without me. Her friend doesn't know yet that she even gets to go to DL and my daughter doesn't know her friend is going. It won't be a surprise, I'll tell them later this week so they can start planning too.

I have flights left to book. Prices are horrible right now. I normally wait until about 6 weeks out but I'm nervous they'll go up even more. I wish Alaska still honored price drops.

Anyway. Can't wait to hear about everyone else's plans in December!

We'll be there for Christmas, which is a first! We haven't been back since our 2018 trip, when my daughter turned 3. She'll be 7 this time, and my son will be 12, which blows my mind. We'll spend the first few nights at DLH, and the next few at GCH.

I'm a little worried by all the negative reports I've seen lately, but we'll just plan to stay relaxed and go with the flow, and hopefully it'll be great.
You will have a great time. We went in November and I was nervous but we had a great time. We didn’t over plan and just had a couple of dinner reservations

So I'm kind of rethinking our dates. We were planning for Dec 8-12, which is Th-M. I've started wondering if it might be better to go T-Sat (6-10). Any thoughts on what might be the better time frame as far as weekend vs weekdays, likelihood of Christmas parties (we want to avoid those), crowds, hours, etc? Thanks!

So I'm kind of rethinking our dates. We were planning for Dec 8-12, which is Th-M. I've started wondering if it might be better to go T-Sat (6-10). Any thoughts on what might be the better time frame as far as weekend vs weekdays, likelihood of Christmas parties (we want to avoid those), crowds, hours, etc? Thanks!
Pre-covid, Tues-Thurs were always the quietest days, even evenings. The shows often just run over the weekend until later in the month though. Perhaps check historical entertainment schedules to see how they compare? My vote would be T-S.

Hmmm - that’s a tough one! I went that week last year…the party was that Tuesday and Thursday I believe. If they have them, I agree, def try to avoid those days (it was challenging, especially Thursday as there also was a private event). I really feel though that they would have announced a party again this year in July, when they announced WDWs party along with what to expect at both places for the Holidays. The candlelight processional should be the first weekend, so feel the 8-12 still would be a good option.

Pre-covid, Tues-Thurs were always the quietest days, even evenings. The shows often just run over the weekend until later in the month though. Perhaps check historical entertainment schedules to see how they compare? My vote would be T-S.

Hmmm - that’s a tough one! I went that week last year…the party was that Tuesday and Thursday I believe. If they have them, I agree, def try to avoid those days (it was challenging, especially Thursday as there also was a private event). I really feel though that they would have announced a party again this year in July, when they announced WDWs party along with what to expect at both places for the Holidays. The candlelight processional should be the first weekend, so feel the 8-12 still would be a good option.
Thanks! We've gone every Dec for years, generally Tues-Sat following Candlelight weekend. That's always been great for us crowd-wise, but I simply don't know how to plan these days. I was pretty thrown off by my trip in July, when the weekend was good but it was madness on Monday. I don't know how to account for the changes and what might happen with passes etc., but I guess we're all at the mercy of Disney's decisions that have yet to be announced.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter