Who is going in December 2022??

Yay!!! My niece finally said yes to our trip! Got a bunch of dining reservations but sadly no word of color were available. Going Dec 6-9, cannot wait. need some Disney smiles and happiness badly
Awesome! Those are exactly the same dates as mine. Just finished making our dining reservations, too. They seemed to drop at a different time every day, and almost always before 6.

Awesome! Those are exactly the same dates as mine. Just finished making our dining reservations, too. They seemed to drop at a different time every day, and almost always before 6.
I noticed that! I cannot wait, we haven't told the girls yet, just getting flights etc finalized!

We have reservations at VGC (our home resort) for 12/22 to 12/25, but I suspect we are going to cancel. We were MK holders but let our passes lapse in September when they eliminated the two weeks around Christmas. We had planned to buy tickets to cover Christmas and apply them toward new MKs at the end of the trip, but since they haven't opened things up, I don't think we'll go. Still debating.

Ugh, I'm almost 2 months out and I still can't figure out which days to reserve which park and I have no clue about dining. Do I really need to get up at 6 am? Is this pacific time?

Ugh, I'm almost 2 months out and I still can't figure out which days to reserve which park and I have no clue about dining. Do I really need to get up at 6 am? Is this pacific time?
Yes, it's Pacific time, but I just finished making my dining reservations yesterday and they almost always opened before 6. One day I got up thinking it was 5:45 when it was actually 4:45, so I went ahead and checked and sure enough, the dining reservations were open.

It was a lot harder to book dining this time last year. The favorites were just gone almost immediately. This time, I was able to book everything we wanted plus a couple of maybes (you can't tell on day 1 whether or not you'll get the spot you want later in your trip). I would randomly check during the day and very few things disappeared right away. Some things you could book without worrying about getting up early, like Ralph Brennan's, but others went fairly quickly (Napa Rose, Carthay restaurant). I was surprised that Blue Bayou stayed available for quite a while, and Trader Sam's wasn't too hard. Caveat about that, though--we're just a party of 2, so it's probably harder to get some of those with larger parties.

I know what you mean about figuring out which park to reserve. I still haven't done that, but I have to wait until I can renew my pass in a few days. I wish we didn't have to wait so long for them to give us the candy cane dates! It's supposed to be around Thanksgiving that they give out the schedule.

This time, I was able to book everything we wanted plus a couple of maybes (you can't tell on day 1 whether or not you'll get the spot you want later in your trip).
This is the worst. Over at WDW we have length of stay bonus and no worries getting what we want. Here we have to become those people that sit on a bunch of reservations for BB and Carthay just in case we can't get them three days later when we actually want them.

Is fantasmic on the go just booking up that fast or is it not available Dec 9-10?

The last day on the schedule for Disneyland is November 22 but the last day that shows nighttime shows including fantasmic is November 5th. This is inline with when Christmas fireworks and parade would happen. I wonder if this has something to do with the Fantasmic reservations not updating for our dates in early December. It is right in line with when the crossover between Halloween and Christmas is.

Is fantasmic on the go just booking up that fast or is it not available Dec 9-10?
I believe they are just going fast. I was looking for 6pm on 12/9, and started refreshing right at 6am. Even with that, the closest I could get was 5:30pm. Fair enough. But of course I always screw up and forget there is one last confirmation after giving cc info, and forgot to fully reserve. I realized a couple minutes later, but of course I got an error message and had to start over. By 6:02 the best I could do was 4:30pm. I took it but it is a little early for us. In any case, it looks like you have to be on the ball for the to-go packages. I assume this is because they are only running Fantasmic two days of the week?

Hello, December travelers! I'm so happy to announce my youngest daughter, and I will be there from December 28-1. With the crazy airfare prices, it was cheaper and better flights from California to her college town, so I made this our excuse for a quick trip! We are staying at Desert Inn and plan to pack a lot of table service for breaks from the crowds. We have concentrated on WDW for the last couple of years as my older kiddos have been in the Disney College program. My DL skills are rusty, so I hope to learn some tips and tricks before our dining window in a few weeks. Happy planning to everyone!

I have been looking at all packages for that day since 3 am and nothing has popped up. (I was looking for Saturday)
I got the Fantasmic for Saturday Dec 10th but it went fast. I also noticed if I searched for “lunch” or “dinner”, nothing came up but using a specific time it did. ( I don’t know if that’s a true thing or it was a glitch only I experienced.)

It dropped about 3 minutes late, right after 6 AM.

I got the Fantasmic for Saturday Dec 10th but it went fast. I also noticed if I searched for “lunch” or “dinner”, nothing came up but using a specific time it did. ( I don’t know if that’s a true thing or it was a glitch only I experienced.)

It dropped about 3 minutes late, right after 6 AM.
Thanks so much! Very helpful info!
Tomorrow is the day I was truly hoping for so wish me luck!

This is the worst. Over at WDW we have length of stay bonus and no worries getting what we want. Here we have to become those people that sit on a bunch of reservations for BB and Carthay just in case we can't get them three days later when we actually want them.
This is so true! It's not time for me to make our reservations yet, but I'm pre-annoyed. DH has dietary restrictions, so we have typically eaten table service at least once a day to make things a little easier for strategic meal planning. This is our first time with quick service mobile orders, and that loss of face-to-face contact at the order point makes me nervous. Yes, I know we don't HAVE to use mobile ordering everywhere, but it's a busy week, so clearly that is the better way to do quick service. My brain is thinking "ok, book ALLLLL of the table service you can, just in case", which is bonkers to do 4 days in a row. We're keeping the reservation alert systems in business!

Yep, that's all I'm seeing. I hate that there isn't a set time for everything to be available thats actually reliable. Hard on the nerves!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter