Who is going in December 2022??

We are going from December 22nd - 26th. We normally go over Thanksgiving but oldest kids college schedule did not work out for a decent thanksgiving trip. We’re just glad to be going back since our last booked trip was June 2020 so we haven’t been since 2019

Should be there at some point between December 26th and January 20th as we're out in SoCal on holiday for a few weeks. Haven't been to DL since Christmas 2019/Jan 2020.

I posted it on another thread (about dining reservations) but wanted to cross post here since this is all December folks.

I have some early December dining reservations that I am going to let go of this weekend- all are party of 2:

Monday, Dec 5th: Blue Bayou at 11 AM
Wednesday, Dec 7th: Breakfast with Minnie Friends at Plaza Inn: 10:40 AM
Friday, December 9th: Disney Princess Breakfast at Grand Californian Hotel: 10:40 AM

DM me to coordinate (and I'll update this post if any are taken)

“Making magical adventures” has a YouTube video of “soft opening of festival of holidays 2022” up. They have Wakanda on there as well.
Not sure how many enjoy YouTube previews but it helps us narrow down our choices and makes planning fun.
I wasn’t sure if posting a link was ok here so I left it out.

We'll be there Dec 10 - 17. Can't wait to be back for all things Christmas at DL/DCA. :santa:

Super bummed about the Magic Key sales announcement. (no shade on those who have it)

We have never gone to the parks for NYE. With the key holders blocked out, we thought it might be a little more reasonable this year. Now they opened our dates to existing key holders and I'm sure many will buy tickets during black out dates with the intention of upgrading on their last day.

Super bummed about the Magic Key sales announcement. (no shade on those who have it)

We have never gone to the parks for NYE. With the key holders blocked out, we thought it might be a little more reasonable this year. Now they opened our dates to existing key holders and I'm sure many will buy tickets during black out dates with the intention of upgrading on their last day.

We were bummed too; but isn't that date blocked out?

Please correct me if I am wrong but I thought they could not re-enter the park if blocked out that day after they upgrade their tickets?

I am crossing my fingers that such will not be the case, anyway, as I think many who would have done that already had tickets they renewed... But hopefully just wishful thinking. We've always wanted to go over the holidays and this year we finally are in the hopes that the blackout dates would help a bit.

Somebody on this board (or another) in the know said that Christmas and New Years week is affectionately know as “newbie week”. That the crowd skewed heavily toward first timers who got gifted tickets and was light on passholder attendance.

Also there will still be valid Dream Key holders this NYE

I’m dropping a F! Blue Bayou for 6 on 12/18 at 2:40 and a Lamplight for 12/19 at noon for 6. Let me know if anyone wants to try to coordinate.

Starting to believe our trip might actually happen this time so I’ll take the chance and post here! This was our planned March 2020 trip, which I’ve rescheduled at least twice before now and had to cancel. We’re coming from Canada so our original Canadian resident tickets are finally approaching their much extended expiry.

If all goes well we’ll be in the park in just over two weeks. We have 3 park days booked, and are hoping we can ride most things and also take in some of the holiday events, food, and decorations. Party of 5 (me and my spouse, our 2 kids, and my mom) plus meeting up with my sister’s family for a day.

WDW vets, pre-covid, but first time to DL for everyone but my mom—and her trip there was many decades ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter