Who is going in December 2022??

As it turns out, we just returned home on Saturday and 3/4 of us tested positive for Flu A. And we were all vaccinated in the fall. I think with everything going around now, and as packed as DL is, it's inevitable unless you get infected beforehand. I fully expected us to come back with something or another.
Yup - I came home with covid after my late November visit, ugh. To the PP asking about masking, I doubt it will be mandated but I know the hospitals here in San Diego have upped their level so depending on your comfort level you may want some on hand. Lots of bugs circulating right now…

Add me to the list of people who came back sick. I had the worst headache on the flight home and woke up the next morning congested with a cough. Fever and aches came next. I finally was able to leave the house today after being sick since last Wednesday. I tested negative for COVID so perhaps the flu? Definitely not the sinus infections I normally get. The headache was so bad! I'm still battling the cough but am definitely better than I was.

Had a good time 2 weeks ago, but yet another who came home sick. Tested negative for Covid. Not surprised I got sick. Lots of close quarters- they really stuffed us in the Haunted Mansion. Wall to wall down the hall. So many people in the hall we were stuck in the stretching room. At that point was sure I was going to catch something. Finally starting to recover.

Here now but heading home in the morning and hopefully Covid free. Crowds were not bad. Busy but manageable. We had originally booked GCH but at over $1700.00 for two nights after taxes, we came to our senses and decided to stay at the Wyndham. We do not regret the move. The actual rooms are better than GCH. We went to GCH tonight for a cocktail at Hearthstone. The lobby was packed with people waiting in a long line for cookies. No Christmas feel to us. The gingerbread house was beautiful.

Even though the parade is a repeat, it was still fun. Did not stay for fireworks or WOC. Tired of crowds along with a lot of coughing, hacking and blowing noses. Dinner last night at Catal was very good as was the service. Best martinis on DL grounds. Hate to see this place close. Had dinner tonight at Carthay Lounge. Again, very good. Overall a nice time. Christmas at DL is beautiful.

We have been isolated from others and germs for 3 years.
Our immune systems have taken a huge hit, its not surprising we are seeing the really high numbers of the seasonal crud, ie. Flu, RSV and yes, even Covid. Hope you all are feeling better soon.
This month I've finally had Covid and now I have RSV as a secondary to the Covid, all without going anywhere fun! Hopefully, I got this out of my system and we will be good to go in a little over a week.

Merry Christmas!

We have been isolated from others and germs for 3 years.
Our immune systems have taken a huge hit, its not surprising we are seeing the really high numbers of the seasonal crud, ie. Flu, RSV and yes, even Covid. Hope you all are feeling better soon.
This month I've finally had Covid and now I have RSV as a secondary to the Covid, all without going anywhere fun! Hopefully, I got this out of my system and we will be good to go in a little over a week.

Merry Christmas!
Oh gosh, so sorry! But your timing is actually pretty good. Hopefully, you won't be so susceptible at DLR since you've had those illnesses recently. Have a great time!

So sorry to hear so many people have been sick! I hope everyone recovers well.

We finished in the parks on Thursday and flew home yesterday so it’s too early to declare ourselves successful at avoiding illness, but so far so good. There were a LOT of folks coughing and sneezing in the parks and on the plane, for sure. I was a bit taken aback at the crowding in places like the stretching room, too—I know that’s how it always was before and we’re mostly “back to normal”, but it was a lot.

We found it crowded (Thursday especially, I gather there was a magic key gift distribution in DCA, so lots of folks there for that?), but the wait times were mostly manageable, at least with my son’s DAS. The ride breakdowns really need to be addressed, if everything were online most of the time I don’t think waits would be a major problem for most rides. I do hate when it’s so crowded it’s hard to move around without bumping into people who stop in the middle of paths.

Tuesday casey Junior got stuck for 20 minutes while we were on board. (CMs were on top of it, checking on all passengers to make sure everyone was ok and then handing out MEPs at the exit.) Wednesday we started in DCA with a plan to knock out Pixar pier quickly, but I think only 2 rides over there were running at park open! We managed to catch stuff as they opened (walked on to incredicoaster twice back to back) so we still got most stuff done. Thursday my son really wanted a re-ride on TSMM but it was down until about an hour after we had to leave for San Diego. We did benefit from a few MEPs as a result of rides going down, so it wasn’t a total loss for us, but for a lot of guests that wouldn’t be the case.

We ended up skipping all the nighttime entertainment, even though we’d been in CA for 4 days before we went to the parks we were all too tired to stay in the parks until 10 pm. I know when we’ve done WDW in the past there were often earlier show times in the winter, I wish DL offered that as we would all have enjoyed seeing some shows. We at least made it back after an afternoon break to see Carsland at night, and caught the fireworks reflected in the windows behind our hotel one night. 😂

My son has mobility issues so we did get a red tag for his stroller, he was able to walk most lines (and he prefers that independence) but being able to take that break when needed was nice. One thing I wish I had researched better was which lines were “better” to walk the queue if possible vs ones where the accessible line was more necessary. At Pirates we ended up in the wheelchair line (without his stroller, but the cast members sent us that way before we had parked it) and it was astonishing how slowly that moved, given that everyone there was using a return time. Eventually a CM spotted us and took us around front to speed things up a bit. Usually when we entered with DAS and no stroller the CMs would still ask if stairs were ok, so that was helpful. Once or twice we got caught off guard but generally they were happy to let him use an elevator where one was available, even if we had parked the stroller outside.

All in all it felt like there was still a lot of magic in the parks, although I can also see lots of room for improvement too. We will be in FL in March and haven’t completely written off a few days of Disney then, when originally I had figured we wouldn’t bother so soon after this trip. We’ll see!

We're there Boxing Day (26) to New Years Day... and the forecast just keeps getting worse and worse.

Okay, so since it now seems like there is a chance of a full week of rain (figures - have never been during the holidays before. Sigh)....

What do we need to know in advance of rain at Disneyland and DCA? What shuts down? What is a problem?

Also fingers crossed please for a bit of an improved forecast! It is -40 here (Celsius and Fahrenheit is the same at that point!) and while we are okay with a bit of rain a bit of the time, it would be great if it was at least a little sunny!

We're there Boxing Day (26) to New Years Day... and the forecast just keeps getting worse and worse.

Okay, so since it now seems like there is a chance of a full week of rain (figures - have never been during the holidays before. Sigh)....
Let me encourage you about rain. I stalked every weather source for our recent trip Dec.12-15th. Of course it changes the closer you get to the actual date, but on the 11th, there was an 80% chance of rain for the 12th. It did rain the 11th, and very early AM of the 12th, but not a drop the whole day and night we were in the parks. And the crowds were a little less because of the early rain I believe -and our temps were low 60's which were prefect IMHO. A little chilly at night - but people leave, which we enjoyed.

Just checked into the DLH today and our first day at the parks will be tomorrow. Unfortunately, one of the DLH towers will have many hours of no electric and water tonight.
is that b/c of the construction? or an unforeseen problem?

is that b/c of the construction? or an unforeseen problem?
Construction. It was scheduled to be off from 12am-6am with only 1 outlet somewhere in the room working. Rhys finally switched us towers because we have medical devices that need power to sleep and they had no clue which outlet should work and if my daughter gets to hot it will trigger her to pass out. But they weren’t even telling everyone just leaving a paper in your room next to some water and some expired glow in the dark sticks

Construction. It was scheduled to be off from 12am-6am with only 1 outlet somewhere in the room working. Rhys finally switched us towers because we have medical devices that need power to sleep and they had no clue which outlet should work and if my daughter gets to hot it will trigger her to pass out. But they weren’t even telling everyone just leaving a paper in your room next to some water and some expired glow in the dark sticks
that is awful!!! Expired glow sticks are extra-insulting. With the parks closing late, people need water at midnight for washing purposes and need to plan ahead. And I'm sure you aren't the only ones with medical needs for power. They force us to use our phones for everything, so that's super fun that people can't even charge overnight. We only have one night at DLH next week, at the tail end of our trip, and I guess I'm really glad about that now. I get that they cannot just shut down construction entirely, but come on... this is a HUGE tourist travel season, plan better. or at least pre-warn people and lower the room rates.

Ugh. We're staying at DLH in a week. Hopefully this doesn't happen while we're there. Which tower is going without power overnight?

This happened on Dec. 12th - not to us.
We shared a table with a mom and daughter at the WOC dessert party on Tuesday Dec 13th who were staying at DLH. They said the same thing, got a paper under the door and glow sticks.

What do we need to know in advance of rain at Disneyland and DCA? What shuts down? What is a problem?

Also fingers crossed please for a bit of an improved forecast! It is -40 here (Celsius and Fahrenheit is the same at that point!) and while we are okay with a bit of rain a bit of the time, it would be great if it was at least a little sunny!
We are going the same days as you - We are scattered all over the country, coming on the 25th from Reno, NV, Austin, TX and Huntsville, AL. I'm jittery over the flights.
Saw the rain forecast yesterday - told everyone to pack layers and extra shoes/socks
Let me encourage you about rain. I stalked every weather source for our recent trip Dec.12-15th. Of course it changes the closer you get to the actual date, but on the 11th, there was an 80% chance of rain for the 12th. It did rain the 11th, and very early AM of the 12th, but not a drop the whole day and night we were in the parks. And the crowds were a little less because of the early rain I believe -and our temps were low 60's which were prefect IMHO. A little chilly at night - but people leave, which we enjoyed.

I also noticed it varied a lot depending on the weather source and when I read the details, it did not appear to be days of rain, it was more showers, periodically. I'm hoping for crowd reductions!

How ironic! We stayed at DLH back in 2017 or 2018 and had the same power issue. I still have the glow sticks in a junk drawer somewhere!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter