Who is going in December 2022??

Frontier tower
We were in Fantasy Tower and had the same outage scheduled on that day. That was our last night and had a 4:30am pick up for the airport, so requested a new tower. The Front Desk castmembers said the issue was in Frontier, so Fanatasy should be okay/back on well before 4:30am. I held firm and was moved to Adventure for our last night. I can confirm that Fantasy was still dark when we left for the airport just after 4:30am. The lobby doors were open but the area outside by bell services, valet pickup, etc was completely dark - was so eerie. We just were thankful we had been able to move rooms as there is no way we would have wanted to try to wake up, finish packing, etc in the dark (not to mention no shower which we utilized before a long day of air travel).

We were in Fantasy Tower and had the same outage scheduled on that day. That was our last night and had a 4:30am pick up for the airport, so requested a new tower. The Front Desk castmembers said the issue was in Frontier, so Fanatasy should be okay/back on well before 4:30am. I held firm and was moved to Adventure for our last night. I can confirm that Fantasy was still dark when we left for the airport just after 4:30am. The lobby doors were open but the area outside by bell services, valet pickup, etc was completely dark - was so eerie. We just were thankful we had been able to move rooms as there is no way we would have wanted to try to wake up, finish packing, etc in the dark (not to mention no shower which we utilized before a long day of air travel).

Does anyone know if this is still going on? We are slipping in a short stay since we will be in the area for the Rose Bowl and wanted a family-friendly environment to celebrate New Years Eve. Unbelievable that Disney thinks this is acceptable. So many people use CPAP machines now, charge devices, use white noise devices, etc, and what if you need power/water in the middle of the night? You are paying for a fully functioning room while you are there. I'm pretty easy to please, but at $700+ a night, this isn't close to reasonable. I would insist on a fully functioning room, a comped night, or deny the credit card charge when I got back home since I didn't get what I paid for.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if this is still going on? We are slipping in a short stay since we will be in the area for the Rose Bowl and wanted a family-friendly environment to celebrate New Years Eve. Unbelievable that Disney thinks this is acceptable. So many people use CPAP machines now, charge devices, use white noise devices, etc, and what if you need power/water in the middle of the night? You are paying for a fully functioning room while you are there. I'm pretty easy to please, but at $700+ a night, this isn't close to reasonable. I would insist on a fully functioning room, a comped night, or deny the credit card charge when I got back home since I didn't get what I paid for.
I am not there now, but at the time, this seemed to be a one-off situation - at least I hope so!

We stayed in Adventure last night and were fine. If you have an issue, insist on a move there.

Not sure but if you go there and you get a notice saying it will be out try to get transferred to adventure (maybe check in early to get a better chance at that). And I agree it’s really not reasonable when your paying $700+ a night to go many hours with no electric or water. I could go across the street for less money and get more amenities than Disney is providing right now. I get that they have construction that needs to happen but generators maybe(?). We were very unimpressed with many things this stay that I told my husband we will try Grand Californian the next time he comes with us and then I think we will be staying somewhere close by for now on. Even though Disneyland hotel has always been our favorite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter