Who is looking forward to Peter Pan live on Dec. 4?

I would love to watch this but it is opening night for Lend Me a Tenor and I am the Costume Designer.

Call me cynical, but I don't believe this will be a live production, any more than any other so-called "live" show is actually live. One pass through in front of a live audience, no retakes? Sure. But there's way too much at stake to do a live performance on national television.

I'm also not looking forward to this production in any way, and don't intend to watch it. It's been done, and done well. Doing it again will just be different, that's all. Different doesn't mean better.

DS14 and I are looking forward to it! DS was in our local theaters production of Peter Pan this summer. We can't wait!

I saw the "making of Peter Pan" and got so excited to see it. I think it will be really good and Christopher Walken is perfect!!! I played Wendy when I was 13 so it brings back really good memories. The first time that Peter practiced flying, they lost control and he smacked right into the wall......We loved doing the show for 4 weeks at the Bower Theater in Flint, Michigan. Such a good time!:goodvibes

I don't like it when a woman is cast as Peter Pan, so I will not watch it.

I think Chris Colfer from Glee would have been perfect, but from all the clips I've seen I think Allison Williams will be very good. I will be watching. It will be much different than Carrie Underwood (who I love) as Maria.:rolleyes2

Call me cynical, but I don't believe this will be a live production, any more than any other so-called "live" show is actually live. One pass through in front of a live audience, no retakes? Sure. But there's way too much at stake to do a live performance on national television.

I'm also not looking forward to this production in any way, and don't intend to watch it. It's been done, and done well. Doing it again will just be different, that's all. Different doesn't mean better.

The Sound of Music was live and had a few "moments" that seemed off, but it's no different then a live performance on Broadway right? Of course it's being done live because that's the fun of it.

Definitely watching. My friend's brother is one of the Lost Boys, so that's pretty exciting. I think Allison Williams sounded great on the making-of special last week, too.

So far, so good - Allison Williams sounds great singing, but she is SO skinny though, yikes!

So far it's good.

I am a fan of Mary Martin and Cyril Richard though. I remember watching the rebroadcast of the 1960 version in the 80s and had taped it. I used to watch it over and over again.
Since I no longer have a copy of it, I watched it on YouTube recently :)

Just turned it off. It was boring us to tears. My husband fell asleep and my son left the room. I turned on Mom.

The Disney purist in me is dying. Sorry guys but put me in the camp of not enjoying this.

Our oldest son was Michael in our local civic theater's production of Pan in 2003. I was Peter's "flyer". It's been fun to watch the show this evening and has brought back some great memories.

Overall, I think they'll done a pretty good job. I was, of course, watching the "flying" with interest. The "flying to Neverland" was always one of the "butt pucker" moments for us, because there was so many things that could go wrong with four fliers in the air at the same time. One night, Peter and Wendy got tangled and twisted their lines.

The only thing I don't like it the break with Freudian tradition of having "Father" play Capt. Hook!

The camera shots and angles are giving me motion sickness.

I'm a bit surprised they couldn't find any younger Lost "Boys". They all look like recent college drama program graduates that moved to NY to try and make it on Broadway!

I'm a bit surprised they couldn't find any younger Lost "Boys". They all look like recent college drama program graduates that moved to NY to try and make it on Broadway!

I was thinking the same thing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter