Who is planning for 2022?

Just a little over 2 weeks until our trip! :hyper:
Did a double take when I checked my calendar, it’s only a matter of time now before most of these pre-testing requirements will be put to rest for everyone

I really hope they disappear for you in the next 2 weeks.

6 weeks for us and I am insanely excited, by the 2 week mark I am going to be a nightmare to those around me. I am going to have to remember how to tip.... don't miss that!

I really hope they disappear for you in the next 2 weeks.

6 weeks for us and I am insanely excited, by the 2 week mark I am going to be a nightmare to those around me. I am going to have to remember how to tip.... don't miss that!
Found I was very generous with tipping, was just so great to be back on holidays I felt like spreading the joy, and was mindful that staff in tourism/hospitality have been missing their international travelers.

Found I was very generous with tipping, was just so great to be back on holidays I felt like spreading the joy, and was mindful that staff in tourism/hospitality have been missing their international travelers.
That's a nice way to think about it! Whenever we had to tip at Disney the level of service almost always justified the tip even DH was happy (which was shocking) to tip extra at a few dinners, I'll remember to be mindful and try to be extra generous to awesome staff

Multiple websites this week state that the travel industry is pressuring the CDC to drop testing requirements! Please please please do this! I want this anxiety over a last minute positive to go away! We leave in 6 weeks!
I'm already worried about this and our trip isn't til June! I am also worried about some new stupid Covid variant arising.
Still, part of booking the trip assumes that risk! Will have travel insurance for worst case scenario.

From April 17 you no longer need to test before travelling home. Just waiting on the US to follow suit. Canada have announced they’re dispersing with it.

Great news for you Aussies, one less thing to worry about.

I hope New Zealand follows suit but it probably won't be for a while after you as our PM is bloody useless at making decisions.

Can’t believe it’s already been 2 weeks since I got back from Disney, the urge to plan another trip is getting itchy 🥲

Best I can do for now is convince my MIL and sister to book their trips lol! Happy planning to everyone else for this year, it’ll be so much easier now that pre departure testing back to Aus has dropped, as long as you get good travel insurance cover everything will be great, once you’re at Disney you’d almost forget about all the recent waves 😅

We talk about our upcoming WDW Sep trip all the time, and already discussing the next one LOL It's the first time we taking the younger two kids so very excited. I usually just use my AMEX Platinum travel insurance but wondering if I should get something I pay for this time. Still need to investigate.

Can’t believe it’s already been 2 weeks since I got back from Disney, the urge to plan another trip is getting itchy 🥲

Best I can do for now is convince my MIL and sister to book their trips lol! Happy planning to everyone else for this year, it’ll be so much easier now that pre departure testing back to Aus has dropped, as long as you get good travel insurance cover everything will be great, once you’re at Disney you’d almost forget about all the recent waves 😅
Hi just wondering did you go to WDW or Disneyland? Did you use Genie+ and lightning lanes ect? If you did at either park how did your phone go with making ride bookings while you were at the park?
Sorry for the long question I know a lot of people have strong opinions about the new system.
All of the info I have been reading so far has been from American's. I am just wondering if there will be any problems with the wifi and an Australian phone.
I have experience in using all of the previous systems and even using max pass at Disneyland with an Australian phone without any problems.
The new system is just making me nervous and I wanting to hear some first hand Australian experience.

Hi just wondering did you go to WDW or Disneyland? Did you use Genie+ and lightning lanes ect? If you did at either park how did your phone go with making ride bookings while you were at the park?
Sorry for the long question I know a lot of people have strong opinions about the new system.
All of the info I have been reading so far has been from American's. I am just wondering if there will be any problems with the wifi and an Australian phone.
I have experience in using all of the previous systems and even using max pass at Disneyland with an Australian phone without any problems.
The new system is just making me nervous and I wanting to hear some first hand Australian experience.
No worries happy to share our experience! For us we didn't have any issues using our phones (iphone 12 & 13), DH used a US sim card during the trip so he had data while I just stuck to the park wifi, he had slightly better/faster connection and the park wifi did occasionally drop, so definitely look at options for getting a US sim

There was one time the app wouldn't let me book ILL for ROTR, it kept glitching when I tried to confirm payment so that was a bit frustrating, we eventually booked it another time but I guess be prepared for glitches in general.
If you plan to book any headliner rides at 7am be prepared times will get scooped up and change fast, but at least they do drop more availability throughout the morning. The Guest Services CM's around the parks were really helpful though, if you have any app issues in the parks just find one of the tents and they can help sort it out :)
The new system can feel pretty stressful the first few times but at least help is on hand

We found Genie+ to be a hit and a miss on our trip, we only bought it for 3 days at WDW (14 day trip) and bought it for 1 day at Disneyland (3 day trip), and this was at the start of March and crowds were pretty high

Last edited:
Thankyou for that information. We are also going to both parks. Flying into Dallas probably and flying home from Los Angles.

My little girl just asked me if I could by her some new crayons for her birthday.

This is how the conversation went.

"I know what you can get me for my birthday Mummy, some new crayons"
Me: "I'm sure I can arrange that"

little does she know that for her birthday in October we have our first family trip booked for Disneyland.

We were meant to go in 2020 which was a surprise for her 5th but it got cancelled, thankfully she didn't know about it.

She has been wanting to go to Disneyland for a while now and is saving her money to get there one day as she knows it's a long way away and costs a lot of money.

I had better get some crayons to take with us as don't want to disappoint :)

My little girl just asked me if I could by her some new crayons for her birthday.

This is how the conversation went.

"I know what you can get me for my birthday Mummy, some new crayons"
Me: "I'm sure I can arrange that"

little does she know that for her birthday in October we have our first family trip booked for Disneyland.

We were meant to go in 2020 which was a surprise for her 5th but it got cancelled, thankfully she didn't know about it.

She has been wanting to go to Disneyland for a while now and is saving her money to get there one day as she knows it's a long way away and costs a lot of money.

I had better get some crayons to take with us as don't want to disappoint :)
What a wonderful surprise she is going to have - and how cute, asking for crayons :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter