Who is Venom in the Spider-Man movies and comics?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
Now that i'm collecting Bleacher Creatures plushies of Marvel heroes and villains I adore learning facts about the heroes and villains plushies I get so I can get to know them a lot better. One character that I saw that I am gonna get a plushie of soon is Venom and from what I read about him is he is a villain in Spider-Man comics and movies and I would like to know more about him? I do know that Venom's real name is Eddie Brock and is one of the top villains of Marvel. All I have known about Venom is that he has a long tongue and I think he's cool. Also who plays Venom in the Spider-Man movies?

Now that i'm collecting Bleacher Creatures plushies of Marvel heroes and villains I adore learning facts about the heroes and villains plushies I get so I can get to know them a lot better. One character that I saw that I am gonna get a plushie of soon is Venom and from what I read about him is he is a villain in Spider-Man comics and movies and I would like to know more about him? I do know that Venom's real name is Eddie Brock and is one of the top villains of Marvel. All I have known about Venom is that he has a long tongue and I think he's cool. Also who plays Venom in the Spider-Man movies?

So like most comics characters, Venom gets a little complicated later but usually ends up back to basics, so I'll cover the gist of it. In the mid-1980's Marvel did a series called Secret Wars. This was one of their first big "everyone teams up" crossover stories. Anyway, the heroes and vialains all end up in space at the behest of the Beyonder and compete in groups on a barren planet. Spider-Man's costume was in bad shape so he was given his black costume. This new look was popular and he continuied to use it after he got home. Not long after though it was revealed that the suit was in fact an alien creature - a symbiote that lives with a host body. It is also kinda evil and makes Spider-Man do some crazy things. Eventually Pater rejects this suit, and it finds it's way to Eddie Brock, Peter's rival photographer for the Daily Bugel. He doesn't like Peter and that only becomes amplified with the symbiote. Now known as Venom he becomes a major Spidey villain. Sometimes though he is a bit of an anti-hero, and even had his own series int eh 90's due to his popularity. Over the years, the symbiote has changed hands, but is usually back to Eddie and the basic look after a while because it just works. Other Symbiots include Carnage and Shriek. There are actually many others too - all from the same race of beings.

Eddie Brock is one of Peter Parker's rivals in The Daily Bugle in the Spiderman comics? I find that shocking and surprising. And Venom had his own series in the 90's as well? Sounds interesting and I might check it out sometime. My mother got Starz yesterday and I noticed that there was a Venom movie made. Does the movie tell the same story that you told me or is the movie a different story?
Thanks so much for the info on Venom Brian it was really helpful
Dodger
P.S. When I do get my Bleacher Creatures plushie of Venom do you want me to PM you and tell you about it?

That was teh original setup, yes, where Eddie was trying to become the Bugle's star photographer. He hated Peter and Spider-Man because Pete always got all the good pics of Spidey of course. That situation has changed over the years.

The Venom movie - there were two actually - is pretty much the same, just without Spider-Man. Eddie is a reporter and the alien symbiote comes back on a space flight. Eddie is exposed to it and it helps him fight off an invasion of the otehr symbiotes. It's not great, but kinda good too, like in a bad way.

Feel free to post about your Venom plushie - no worries. :)

He started off as a villain created by Todd. Then he became an antihero, which really irked Todd. That’s what he told me in the 90s.

The major antagonist in Spider-Man 3 and the third antagonist in Sam Raimi's Spider-Man Trilogy is Eddie Brock. He was portrayed by Topher Grace. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter