Who is your favorite TV chef and what's your favorite recipe from them?

Tink3815

DIS Veteran
Mine is the Pioneer Woman - Ree Drummond -her Beef and Broccoli Recipe

I just discovered Mary Berg on Mary Makes It Easy and love her show. I think she is Canadian because she measures in metric.

i don't have one but i used to admire justin wilson b/c he could hand measure with complete accuracy.

favorite recipie from a tv chef is ina garten's lemon chicken.

Don't really have one, but my favorite recipe finds are from Pioneer Woman:

The Bread
Seven Can Soup
Crash Hot Potatoes

i had to check out the soup b/c i make an 8 can chicken enchilada soup. it's pretty good and super easy if you want to try it-

corn-drained
black beans-drained
pinto beans-drained
diced tomatoes (pour in the liquid as well)
cream of chicken soup
canned chicken-drained
chicken broth
10 oz can green enchilada sauce

2 table spoons of taco seasoning

mix together, bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer 10 minutes.

this and the good old reliable ranch dressing mix taco soup are my last minute go to recipes.

Pioneer Woman mashed potatoes with cream cheese is my new favorite side dish for roast beef or baked chicken. So decadent. https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/creamy-mashed-potatoes-2507085

She’s not my fave person on the network though. She bugs me for some reason.

I love to watch Beat Bobby Flay and learn little tricks watching all the chefs compete. Same for Chopped and The Kitchen.

I follow Michael Symon on social media. Love all his recipes especially the ones geared for folks with auto-immune issues.

My favorite TV chef is Ina Garten. I have her cookbooks and I have seen her in person, but, honestly, I don’t really make her recipes. I just enjoy watching her. I think she is a great teacher. I also love Alex Guarnacelli. I think she is a very talented chef. I watch a lot of Food Network —Beat Bobby Flay, Chopped, Guy’s Grocery Games, and others. I have always enjoyed watching people cook.

I do not cook my DH does he has food allergies so are limited what he can eat but I still enjoy watching a lot of the shows on Food Network the ones with individual chefs like Barefoot Contessa, Pioneer Woman, Trisha, etc and also some of the competition shows.

Mine is the Pioneer Woman - Ree Drummond -her Beef and Broccoli Recipe
We used to watch her just for the entertainment value. Her use of prepared foods drove my wife nuts.
One show she gave tips on dolling up her favorite take out Chinese food for the ranch hands. The food came from Panda Express.
Or her episode on how to customize boxed Kraft Macaroni and Cheese.

Aarti is my fave, but I enjoy competition shows way more than straight cooking. Tournament of Champions, GGG, Supermarket Stakeout, etc.

Maneet Chauhan, Justin Sutherland, Nancy Silverton, are my faves to watch on those.

I'm not a good recipe follower...ADHD has me losing interest in reading them about 3 ingredients in. So, if I see something someone made that looks amazing, I figure out in my brain how I'd make it and go from there.

I love all the chefs. I think I watch cooking shows 99% of the time. I can't say I have a favorite recipe, though. I get most of my recipes from AllRecipes. The site has the kind of food my family eats with just enough more daring dishes to get them to try. I also collect vintage cookbooks from the fifties and sixties.

I like a lot of the food network chefs and have a few of their cookbooks, but no recipe really stands out.

I did make Jamie Oliver’s Sweet Potato, Chickpea Curry today, and it was pretty good. I’ll probably make it again.

I like various TV cooking shows where they actually talk about and show how to cook something. FoodNetwork has several good hosts and I like the series on public TV called 'America's Test Kitchen'. They talk about how they have taken existing recipes and improved on them. Have ZERO interest in any of those contest shows where people race around and throw together something to impress the judges. Also find G. Fieri annoying and how many different variations of shows does he now have? Like FoodNetwork can't find others to fill up those available timeslots? Many of Ina Garter's older shows are very good. However, the latest show she now does where she interviews some guest/celebrity and eventually they cook something together seems like more of a talk show then a cooking show.

Online sites with recipes from pro chefs are also good when looking for a specific dish/dessert. I don't care for sites that don't have a test kitchen and random home cooks post recipes. AllRecipies is one of the worst for that since they combined various older websites together to make that site. Recipes could be direct posted and many have obvious flaws in ingredients or directions and they have no test kitchen to perfect any of the posted recipes. Who wants to waste their time/$$ making a defective recipe?

YouTube also has a lot of good videos from well-known chefs that makes it easy to compare the differences in a given recipe when made by various people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter