Who Knew We Were Virginians?

Hi!! By no means an I caught up here ( forgive me!!) but I hope to be soon!

I just wanted to say hi, and that I got your postcard on Friday, Kadence thought we were planning another trip with you. LOL I wish!

I hope you are enjoying your weekend!

I really loved the flower photos. I bet you had a ball wandering around there with your camera. I know I would. :) I know you were looking for "the shot" when you were photographing Claire, but really, the silly shots are the ones you value later. :thumbsup2

And seriously....... you really need to make a mental note to take Claire back there when it's time for her Senior photos. I wish we lived closer. I would have loved to take shots of the boys there when they graduated.

That is a good idea. I could even test it out on my niece as she is a year older. :thumbsup2

Hi!! By no means an I caught up here ( forgive me!!) but I hope to be soon!

I just wanted to say hi, and that I got your postcard on Friday, Kadence thought we were planning another trip with you. LOL I wish!

I hope you are enjoying your weekend!

I had that addressed since before Christmas and I didn't have stamps....and then it got nasty and I didn't go out to buy more. :rotfl2:

Jen those photos are phenomenal. I love so many pieces from both exhibits. Have you ever been to the Bellagio in Vegas? Love the Chilhuly exhibit in the lobby! If you win big out there you might have enough to buy that little bowl! :thumbsup2

Is Claire starting to get to the preteen stage where she doesn't want her pictures taken? What will you do when you lose your best model? :confused3

Sept. 23, Monday

I woke fairly early and saw Amanda before she left. She reminded me how to set the alarm and I will say I was nervous I would do something wrong and have the police rushing to the house. LOL
While Claire slept, I did some work, packed up as much as I could and started loading the car.

Once she got up, we finished loading the car and ate some donuts I had brought for the weekend.
Soon it was time to leave. I armed the alarm, but it did something weird and I was pretty sure it wasn’t armed, so I called Amanda. Sure enough I had done something wrong and had to rearm it. Then when I left, I still wasn’t sure if it was right, so I called her again. She said it sounded like it was and to just leave. She did tell me later it was correctly armed…boy that stuff is hard on a person…..so much pressure!

Claire and I headed out for our 2 plus hour drive home. It was pretty uneventful, but it seemed long. She plays on her kindle and I listen to books on CD.

We started getting hungry for lunch, but I kept pushing on. I am sure we made a few potty stops, but I kept trying to get closer to home before we stopped for lunch.

I believe we reached the Toledo area around 1 PM and we went to Bob Evans to get a bite to eat.
We always enjoy the food there. I think I got a salad and Claire almost always gets the chicken and noodles.
Skip called while we were eating and wondered how close to home we were. We let him know that we weren’t too far and would be home in the next hour after we ate lunch.

With our bellies full, we headed home (about another 25 minutes from there). I unpacked the car and Claire grabbed all her stuff and ran over to MIL’s next door to show her all she had gotten and then had a fashion show with her dolls. Claire loves to do this with MIL and MIL makes a big deal over the whole thing and let’s Claire put on a production with this sort of thing. Claire is famous for going over and putting on “shows” with singing and dancing for her too.

I am pretty sure I started laundry and just crashed for a while! I also uploaded pictures and started editing them so I could get them out of the way.

Thanks for reading along with our quick, but fun weekend away!

Jen those photos are phenomenal. I love so many pieces from both exhibits. Have you ever been to the Bellagio in Vegas? Love the Chilhuly exhibit in the lobby! If you win big out there you might have enough to buy that little bowl! :thumbsup2

Is Claire starting to get to the preteen stage where she doesn't want her pictures taken? What will you do when you lose your best model? :confused3

Thanks!
I have never been to Vegas, never that far West....yet. ;)
Yes she is a pretten I am afraid. She has an attitude going already. UGH!

:lmao: I totally understand! -45 to -60 is a big deterrent to leaving the house!

It sure has been. We have more snow coming Wed. too. I just want to see green grass!!!!

What a fun weekend Jen!

and those pictures make me crave the warm weather more than I already do. Just lovely!

I do like that one close of shot of Claire. It's really good even if she wasn't cooperating.

Thanks for sharing your fun weekend with us!

What a fun weekend Jen!

and those pictures make me crave the warm weather more than I already do. Just lovely!

I do like that one close of shot of Claire. It's really good even if she wasn't cooperating.

Thanks for sharing your fun weekend with us!

It was a nice little get away! I am ready for some warm weather too. I am so sick of snow!!!!!

Nice wrap up. :) I can't get my parents to arm my alarm when they come visit me at all...I just let it go and hope I don't get robbed. :rotfl::rotfl:

Jill in CO

Wow! That conservatory is incredible and the glass sculpture exhibits are amazing. You have some beautiful pictures from there, but my favorite one is the butterfly on the glass.

All of the flowers are gorgeous too, but I agree with you, the black petunias are stunning.

What a great weekend getaway!

I didn't see anyone posting the Chihuly sculptures from Atlantis, so here are a few of them:

Nice wrap up. :) I can't get my parents to arm my alarm when they come visit me at all...I just let it go and hope I don't get robbed. :rotfl::rotfl:

Jill in CO

I swear it's a scary responsibility!!!

Wow! That conservatory is incredible and the glass sculpture exhibits are amazing. You have some beautiful pictures from there, but my favorite one is the butterfly on the glass.

All of the flowers are gorgeous too, but I agree with you, the black petunias are stunning.

What a great weekend getaway!

I didn't see anyone posting the Chihuly sculptures from Atlantis, so here are a few of them:

Thanks for those pictures. They are beautiful. The one is similar to the one I saw in color. I wonder if he did both at the same time.

I was behind a couple of updates. I always seem to say this but it's true....your pictures are gorgeous! You have the crappiest luck with the wait staff at restaurants. Seems like you always get the slow ones. :rotfl: I'm glad that you decided to write about your quick trip. It was fun reading about it and seeing the pictures. Now, I'm off to your other report.

Alarms are a pain. We had one in one of the places we used to live and had nothing but trouble with it. I am glad that you got it armed in the end. Your trip back home sounded pretty smooth and lunch sounded nice.

Thank you for sharing.

Corinna

I was behind a couple of updates. I always seem to say this but it's true....your pictures are gorgeous! You have the crappiest luck with the wait staff at restaurants. Seems like you always get the slow ones. :rotfl: I'm glad that you decided to write about your quick trip. It was fun reading about it and seeing the pictures. Now, I'm off to your other report.

Thanks
We do seem to find all the slowest places...or at least our waitress/waiter is.

Alarms are a pain. We had one in one of the places we used to live and had nothing but trouble with it. I am glad that you got it armed in the end. Your trip back home sounded pretty smooth and lunch sounded nice.

Thank you for sharing.

Corinna

Amanda is very paranoid about those type of things, so I was under a lot of pressure to get it right. ;)

I wanted to lastly share of a few of Amanda's pictures from when she went back to the conservatory over the holidays. It really looked pretty!

I'm definitely going to the conservatory. It looks like a great thing to do in this cooler weather. Maybe I'll even get to the AG store!

Beautiful pics.
Eww about the café.
The rest of the photos were great.
You are the first good review for the Lone Ranger. I have not seen it yet but it is in my queue.
MMM, Bob Evans. Love that place.
The holiday pics are nice.
Great report and looks like a fun weekend.

Jen,

sounds like you guys had a great time! Those exhibits are pretty amazing. I'm going to have to see if I can find anything that shows how he does that. That "Firey" one in the plants is amazing. I'm with you I'd probably be a bit skeptical whether it was all glass or not... ;) Too Cool.

Thanks for sharing your trip!

Mark

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter