Who likes/wears ripped jeans?

I think slightly "worn" looking jeans that are faded with small tears or holes look good on young women--college age and under. Maybe with a hoodie, it's a cute, casual look. But my teen daughter hates them. She likes dark-blue jeans with no faded areas or rips or holes. These are actually kind of hard to find.

Some of my jeans have holes or tears that are just due to age and wear. I'll wear them around the house or maybe to the grocery store or Home Depot, but not for "nice."

Lately my daughter and I have both moved away from jeans and wear leggings most of the time instead. They're a lot more comfortable. Holes in leggings are the worst, though; there's no way to pass that off as "cute."

I have some with small rips. I like them. Now the huge holes, no way. Now having said that, its a constant argument in my house bc my boys (7&9) are always ripping up the knees in their pants and then I won't let them wear them to school like that. Dh just doesn't get it bc he didn't grow up with play clothes and school clothes. I wouldn't mind them wearing jeans with little tears in the knees, but they refuse to wear jeans at all. So it's jogger pants with the entire knee ripped out of them! drives me batty

I think slightly "worn" looking jeans that are faded with small tears or holes look good on young women--college age and under. Maybe with a hoodie, it's a cute, casual look. But my teen daughter hates them. She likes dark-blue jeans with no faded areas or rips or holes. These are actually kind of hard to find.

Some of my jeans have holes or tears that are just due to age and wear. I'll wear them around the house or maybe to the grocery store or Home Depot, but not for "nice."

Lately my daughter and I have both moved away from jeans and wear leggings most of the time instead. They're a lot more comfortable. Holes in leggings are the worst, though; there's no way to pass that off as "cute."
lol, I'm 42 and my jeans that I'm wearing currently at work have an on purpose hole in the knee. Oddly, I can wear these to work, but not leggings lol. Mostly we can't wear leggings bc some people are too dumb to wear them with shirts that cover their behinds. and thats not appropriate around the type of ppl we work with

I'm almost 60.
I have a pair of jeans that have the ripped look but have the patched jean sewed in so no "hole". There's some bling there too. I would normally not seek out such a style for myself but that day I took them in the dressing room and they fit so well and were so comfortable that I bought them. My too cool older neighbor ( she's in her 70's) gave me a compliment on them. She wears bling and pulls it off nicely.

What brand can I ask, I love that. Was just saying above we use to wear that look in the late 70s and early 80s and would patch and embroider on them ourselves. :love:

The 80s are over. Come up with something new.
Jeans have changed dozens of times since the 80’s, right now is high waisted ripped wider legged jeans, different from the tapered mom jeans, that emerged from the high waisted tight jeans, mid rise jeans, low rise jeans. Right now the colors are very light.

Jeans have changed dozens of times since the 80’s, right now is high waisted ripped wider legged jeans, different from the tapered mom jeans, that emerged from the high waisted tight jeans, mid rise jeans, low rise jeans. Right now the colors are very light.

I thought yoga pants had replaced jeans for women these days.

The 80s are over. Come up with something new.
Have you been inside a target or walmart lately? We've moved on to (or maybe back) to the 90's. Overalls, high waisted, button fly, acid washed, mom jeans. I saw what could only be described as a denim prison jump suit the other day. Seriously, these young girls are wearing the same crap I was wearing in 1992. It was ugly then, and it's still ugly lol.

I feel like ripped denim never really went away, it's just evolved. When I was a teen it was ripped with lace sewn in behind the rips and you tight rolled the legs lol. Then it was giant holes in skater jeans. Then it was smaller distressed holes everywhere.

Also these days the young'ins call yoga pants flared leggings. Get with it!:rotfl2:

Have you been inside a target or walmart lately? We've moved on to (or maybe back) to the 90's. Overalls, high waisted, button fly, acid washed, mom jeans. I saw what could only be described as a denim prison jump suit the other day. Seriously, these young girls are wearing the same crap I was wearing in 1992. It was ugly then, and it's still ugly lol.

I feel like ripped denim never really went away, it's just evolved. When I was a teen it was ripped with lace sewn in behind the rips and you tight rolled the legs lol. Then it was giant holes in skater jeans. Then it was smaller distressed holes everywhere.

Also these days the young'ins call yoga pants flared leggings. Get with it!:rotfl2:

90s clothing was awful and super baggy.

I might laugh out loud when my daughter complains about being cold when she wears those in the winter.

FWIW, I'm pretty sure the younger crowd appreciates that middle aged women generally don't buy them.

I grew up being ashamed when my pants or jeans had holes and had to be patched because we couldn't afford to buy new everytime a pair was damaged or wore out. I don't understand why people would pay money for any garment that is ripped or torn and then actually wear them. This is one fad that I wish would go away.

I grew up being ashamed when my pants or jeans had holes and had to be patched because we couldn't afford to buy new everytime a pair was damaged or wore out. I don't understand why people would pay money for any garment that is ripped or torn and then actually wear them. This is one fad that I wish would go away.
Why? it’s been around for decades, how does it hurt? The jeans look nothing like a pair of 1950’s pants with a hole.

I don't much have anything against the look per se, but I do find it silly to buy them pre-ripped. The whole point was that they had wear and tear - let 'em rip naturally, but you can still wear them, at least within reason. We did it all the time back in the day.

I don't much have anything against the look per se, but I do find it silly to buy them pre-ripped. The whole point was that they had wear and tear - let 'em rip naturally, but you can still wear them, at least within reason. We did it all the time back in the day.

I remember using stones and bleach in the 80s.

Too old to wear clothes that I consider ready for the garbage. I don't get wanting to look like you can't afford new jeans?

I wear slightly distressed. It's hard to find stylish jeans that don't have some distressing lately.

I can't bring myself to do that as an adult. I definitely did when I was younger, but I think you need to give up on wearing ripped jeans once you're past your mid 20s. :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter