• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who Loves College Football

Another female here...

GO GSU EAGLES!!!!! :cheer2::cheer2:

That's who I cheer for since DS20 goes to school there. ;) I think they're back this year, although the last coach was a lot cuter. :rolleyes1

On the other hand, I'm all about cheering.....

GO DAWGS!!!! :cheer2::cheer2:

That's just because I don't think you can be from GA and not cheer for and love those dogs. That would be sacreligious!

GT should come in there somewhere but only after these two. We also do love to see Bama and VT play, but can't cheer for them if they're playing one of our teams. Then again, anyone that's playing against FSU or the FL Gators is a great team to be cheering for. :lmao:

Can't wait for the season to start!! :cheer2:

Most ND fans will tell you that you can have Jimmy because we don't want him. He is cocky and arrogant, and not at all what he's cracked up to be. That's my take too. Others will tell you that he IS good and was held back by poor coaching and a bad offensive line. I will admit that he definitely took some beatings at ND, and he did keep on keeping on after all that, but even when he was covered he failed to impress. Jimmy also upset many fans when he said he chose ND for the face time and to get him prepared for the big time since ND gets a lot of attention and hype. His choice had nothing to do with sincere interest in ND or the football program. So I suppose we'll just have to wait and see how he does in the pros, but his ND career did nothing to create interest for many of us.

Yes, he has come across as very arrogant in the little bit that I have heard/read of his interviews. He told the Panthers staff that drafting him was the best decision that they've ever made. I hope that proves to be true. He did look very comfortable on the field in preseason game 1. I will be there at the stadium this upcoming Saturday to watch and am anxious to see how he does then. I still hope Matt Moore stays our starter. Yes, he is young and has little experience, but he has earned the spot. I really like him.

I would say that 90% of the ND fans that we know, would agree with what the highlighted part states. He was a pampered, whinny kid who couldn't live up to his hype or didn't think he needed to really work/perform to live up to his hype.

Yes, that is how he is coming across to me, too. I hope he can play as well as he thinks he can. We will wait, watch, and see.

GO HAWKS!!

17 more days til Hawkeye football... :woohoo:

Great picture!

BOOMER SOONER!!!!!
Season tickets came in the mail a couple of weeks ago, and I'm ready for the season to start! I love college football!

We have dear friends that live just a few blocks from the stadium and also have season tickets. We also watch and cheer for the Sooners. (unless they are playing an SEC team;))

ETA: BTW, I'm a female too.

I got a pedicure yesterday in prep for the season starting. I tried to get as close to PSU blue as possible. Show DH and he doesn't say "looks nice sweetie, thanks for supporting the team" no he says "that's the wrong color". I even check my toes up against my PSU gnome and it didn't look too bad. Men.

FF_103910_l.jpg

aint it pretty

I hope everything is going well in your recovery. I hope Mark makes it all the way back. He's having a tough go right now with a broken foot but I have never seen anyone more determined.

Thank you, we're both doing pretty good. He is going to make it all the way back, no doubt about it.

We have dear friends that live just a few blocks from the stadium and also have season tickets. We also watch and cheer for the Sooners. (unless they are playing an SEC team;))

That would be nice! It's a long drive back to Tulsa after those 6:00 games. Speaking of the SEC, I was a little upset to hear that the SEC extended an invitation to OU during the whole Big 12 shakeup, and we declined. I know the competition would have been fierce, but I think the games would have been incredible!

You say BLUE. I say WHITE. BLUE WHITE BLUE WHITE. We want the LION! Just stocked up on new game day gear. Can't wait. DH won't let me wear my Penn State sneakers. They had a bad year the year I bought them. He's convinced they are cursed. :rotfl::rotfl:

I say JoPa....you say Terno.....

Just a thought....we should have a DisBoard Fantasy Football League....or do we already and I am missing the fun:confused3

The tough part is DBF grew up in Green Bay so is a Packers fan and I grew up in IL so am a Bears fan so we love each other on Saturdays and talk trash to each other on Sundays!

ON WISCONSIN

DW is a huge Packer Fan, we usually are at the Packer / Bears game in Green bay. The tailgate party's are a blast and the packer fans really let the Bears fans have it. The even have a song about the Bear's blasting on a lot of speakers. It is great fun, of course I no longer pull for the Bear's the way they treated my Purdue QB a couple of years ago.

I cheer for pro teams by the number of Purdue players they have. Packers got a big lineman from Purdue and is also from the "Region", that is a Indiana thing.

OH - IO --
ohiost-sm.gif

Another Big Ten fan here! College Football and Game Day on ESPN are the only things that make fall (and the early winter) bearable--otherwise, I'm a summer girl all the way!

That would be nice! It's a long drive back to Tulsa after those 6:00 games. Speaking of the SEC, I was a little upset to hear that the SEC extended an invitation to OU during the whole Big 12 shakeup, and we declined. I know the competition would have been fierce, but I think the games would have been incredible!

Oh, that is a long drive for you. We lived in Tulsa for 7 months while DH did a short job there. That is actually how we met these friends; the guy did some of the work with DH. (That was just before we moved here to NC.)
Yes, I agree with you about the OU - SEC games.

DW is a huge Packer Fan, we usually are at the Packer / Bears game in Green bay. The tailgate party's are a blast and the packer fans really let the Bears fans have it. The even have a song about the Bear's blasting on a lot of speakers. It is great fun, of course I no longer pull for the Bear's the way they treated my Purdue QB a couple of years ago.

I cheer for pro teams by the number of Purdue players they have. Packers got a big lineman from Purdue and is also from the "Region", that is a Indiana thing.

That is just too flipping funny!!!!

Dh always give me a rash of crap about my Purdue and BigTen issues. Whenever we are watching PRO games that we don't have a favorite in, I always count the players in the starting lineup from the BigTen. Which ever one has the most, that's who I cheer for. And if it a Purdue guy, he's worth 5 counts. Glad to know I'm not the only one who bases their support upon BigTen player representation.

It does seem like there like there are serveral BigTen fans on here, with a bunch of Boilers leading the pack.

I'm not really into college football-more the pro game. But I do have 2 favorite college football teams - Penn State and who ever plays Notre Dame!!! :lmao:

Dh always give me a rash of crap about my Purdue and BigTen issues. Whenever we are watching PRO games that we don't have a favorite in, I always count the players in the starting lineup from the BigTen. Which ever one has the most, that's who I cheer for. And if it a Purdue guy, he's worth 5 counts. Glad to know I'm not the only one who bases their support upon BigTen player representation.

It does seem like there like there are serveral BigTen fans on here, with a bunch of Boilers leading the pack.

OK, that means you are always pulling for non SEC teams. :confused3

I'm not really into college football-more the pro game. But I do have 2 favorite college football teams - Penn State and who ever plays Notre Dame!!! :lmao:

Bama folks really don't like Notre Dame. A lot of folks believe that Bama was unduly passed over for National Championships in the 1960s for the media darling...Notre Dame.

I look forward to seeing Bama and Penn State play this year. Its always a well fought game.

OK, that means you are always pulling for non SEC teams. :confused3

Big Ten is our conference of preference, but we do like schools from other conferences. We cheer for UGA from the SEC and Oregon from the Pac-10. The rest of the conferences, we don't really have teams that we cheer for. We watch the games, but it's not like we have favorites or anything.

My comment you quoted was responding to Grumpy, because he and I seem to throw support behind PRO teams, that have a large number of players coming out of the Big Ten. I found it funny, because my DH thinks I am strange in my thinking, while Grumpy does almost the exact same thing.

Bama folks really don't like Notre Dame. A lot of folks believe that Bama was unduly passed over for National Championships in the 1960s for the media darling...Notre Dame.

To be fair, ND shared the title that year (1966) with Michgian...however given how Alabama likes to keep adding to their national title totals every so often, even if other teams don't agree with how they count them, I dont know you can really complain about that one. Is Alabama still at 13, or are they up to 15 or 17 by now since they last played in Jan??!?!

http://blog.al.com/solomon/2010/01/got_12.html

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...tional-championships-reality-claims-otherwise -- which gives a nice run down of what NC they have REALLY won vs the ones they just think they have a right to claim.

Who would guess there would be so many North Dakota fans out there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter