Who Needs Toes Anyway? A 2016 EBPC Trip Report *COMPLETE*

Great trip report! Thank you for sharing! This cruise is definitely a bucket list vacation.

Your welcome!

Yay! So excited that you will be joining us on the WBPC in April! Hopefully, this one won't be quite so hot. :) we are so excited about this cruise and all the sea days. Thanks for such a great trip report.

We love sea days! Only 6 months and 1 week to go!

Thank you for your trip report. We will be on this cruise next October and can't wait! I've been waiting for years to get my kids out of college and can now partake. I've also promised myself I'll write a trip report so I can remember the experience.

You'll love this cruise. I'm glad I did this trip report. I did it as much to aid my future memory as I did to share our experience. I'm sure we'll refer to it a thousand times before we cruise again in April.

Thanks so much for sharing all your adventures on the cruise, together with the helpful tips. Being a picky eater, it was nice seeing things on just about every menu that I will eat. I guess this cruise will be a first where I'm not given Smuckers Uncrustables at the beginning of each dinner. LOL

Look forward to hopefully meeting you in April!

Thank you again.

Thanks so much for sharing all your adventures on the cruise, together with the helpful tips. Being a picky eater, it was nice seeing things on just about every menu that I will eat. I guess this cruise will be a first where I'm not given Smuckers Uncrustables at the beginning of each dinner. LOL

Look forward to hopefully meeting you in April!

Thank you again.

Your welcome! James is a picky eater as well as I'm sure you noticed. I assure you, he never went hungry. I look forward to meeting you in April! Only 6 months!

On the day when you ate two lunches, how did you know about the barbecue outside beach blanket buffet? I looked at the navigator you posted, and I didn't see it listed...

On the day when you ate two lunches, how did you know about the barbecue outside beach blanket buffet? I looked at the navigator you posted, and I didn't see it listed...

I knew that there would be a BBQ on deck on Panama Canal Day from reading past trip reports. In addition, on both deck BBQ days, the staff of Triton’s notified us of the BBQs when we arrived at the restaurant for lunch in case we wanted to change our minds. I also believe that Peter, the cruise director, made an announcement about them over the ship’s PA.

I knew that there would be a BBQ on deck on Panama Canal Day from reading past trip reports. In addition, on both deck BBQ days, the staff of Triton’s notified us of the BBQs when we arrived at the restaurant for lunch in case we wanted to change our minds. I also believe that Peter, the cruise director, made an announcement about them over the ship’s PA.

Oh, good! I'd hate to miss that. We Panamaniacs sail six months from tomorrow!!!!

Hi Joy, I am just now getting around to finishing reading your trip report. It looks as though you finished just as you started, by immersing yourself in the many, many activities going on. Thanks for the report, looking forward to meeting you and your lovely family in April.

Hi Joy, I am just now getting around to finishing reading your trip report. It looks as though you finished just as you started, by immersing yourself in the many, many activities going on. Thanks for the report, looking forward to meeting you and your lovely family in April.

I can definitely say we were never bored! Thanks for reading. See you in April!

So I may have just re-read your trip report last night as we are now booked on the WBPC in 2018 :). My twins will be 10 and a half when we sail. How did you work it out with the kids having freedom on the ship, did you give them free reign, assign specific meeting times/places, have a way for them to communicate with you somehow, etc? I feel like my kids will be old enough for some freedom but I'm a worry wart too!

So I may have just re-read your trip report last night as we are now booked on the WBPC in 2018 :). My twins will be 10 and a half when we sail. How did you work it out with the kids having freedom on the ship, did you give them free reign, assign specific meeting times/places, have a way for them to communicate with you somehow, etc? I feel like my kids will be old enough for some freedom but I'm a worry wart too!

Congrats on the upcoming trip! You'll love it.

As for my kids and their freedom, let me preface this by saying that this was not our first trip on the Wonder, so my kids were familiar with the ship. They also knew that they were never allowed to go swimming without us nearby. We also didn't use cell phones or the wave phones (although James and I did carry a wave phone with us, even though it rarely worked). They weren't necessary.

Other than swimming, my 12 yo had free reign with specified meeting times. He wore a watch and showed up when we asked him to. He was really great about this. Absolutely no issues. My 9yo had semi-free reign. Originally, we only allowed to her check herself in and out of the clubs so that Jimmy would be able to pick her up at our specified meeting times. However, we lightened up as the cruise went on. We eventually let her roam free with our Table Mate's daughter who was a month shy of 11yo. They mostly just hung out in the kids clubs, in the hallway on deck 4, or in one of our cabins. The girls were always easy to track down when we needed to find them. All of the kids (including our table mates) were very responsible about keeping our meeting times and behaving appropriately.

I, too, started out as a worry wart, but I got over it quickly!

I didn't realize we were able to take food from the restaurants with us. What a great idea for munchies during the show or in the cabin later as often I'm full by the time it's dessert time.

Do they put them in carry-out containers or do you carry the plates from the restaurant?

Thanks for the tip!

I didn't realize we were able to take food from the restaurants with us. What a great idea for munchies during the show or in the cabin later as often I'm full by the time it's dessert time.

Do they put them in carry-out containers or do you carry the plates from the restaurant?

Thanks for the tip!

If you take food from the buffet or the pool deck, you just carry it out on your tray. If you take food from the sit-down restaurants, the servers will give you a room service lid to cover your plate. I haven’t seen any carry-out containers, but perhaps someone else on here can comment about that.

We slowly made our way toward The Bridge of the Americas. We passed beneath it at 7:40am.

View attachment 199603

Panama City

View attachment 199604

The Bridge of the Americas

View attachment 199605 View attachment 199606

It was a close fit.

View attachment 199607 View attachment 199608 View attachment 199609

The bridge broadcasted a running commentary on the open decks about the sites we passed throughout the day. I really liked that. It added to the experience. Here is a photo of a ship in dry dock. I took a picture since the Wonder was heading to dry dock after this cruise.

View attachment 199610

A container ship.

View attachment 199611

Approaching the 1st set of locks.

View attachment 199612
Wow! and I thought the Lion's Gate Bridge was a close fit when we went to Alaska.....

I have loved your trip report, especially all of the food pics. Thank you so much for positing it. Our first ever cruise was the Magic EBTA in 2013, and people were surprised that we were never bored!

Brett was also on our last two Disney Cruise lines, he's a hoot :-)

I have loved your trip report, especially all of the food pics. Thank you so much for positing it. Our first ever cruise was the Magic EBTA in 2013, and people were surprised that we were never bored!

Brett was also on our last two Disney Cruise lines, he's a hoot :-)

Thank you for reading! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Our princess tea was at 3pm. We collected the children and headed to Triton's. When we arrived, a CM asked each of the children their names so that they could be announced as they entered. When he asked Jimmy, Jimmy responded with "The Duke." So the CM announced, welcome Princess Duke. Then a female CM tried to put a sash on him. Needless to say, we promptly informed them that Jimmy was a boy, and he was offered a crown instead. Jimmy was a good sport about it. With that hair of his and those long eyelashes, this was not the first time he was mistaken for a girl.

View attachment 199307 View attachment 199308 View attachment 199310

We were served little sandwiches and treats. Since the kids skipped lunch, they devoured the food.

View attachment 199311 View attachment 199312

Soon, the princesses arrived. Princess Ariel taught us how to bow and curtsy.

View attachment 199314

Princess Tiana came by first. She is one of Emily's favorites!

View attachment 199315

Claudius stopped by to say "hi." He also hooked us up with more goodies. Heaven forbid we might go 5 minutes without eating! I swear he was determined to roll us off the ship. :flower:

View attachment 199316

Next came my favorite princess, Ariel. I told Ariel that she had been on top of my wedding cake. After she left, I felt silly. I told James, "Why did I say that?" James replied, "Because deep down, you believe." I guess he's right.

View attachment 199317 View attachment 199318

I believe as well! Great TR, I'm aiming for a 2018 sailing(our family's 1st cruise). Thanks for sharing your memories!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter