Who saw Fantasmic! with FastPass on Fri/Sat & wants to share their thoughts?

So are there chairs or benches to sit on? I really appreciate your help!!
No, ground seating only. You get a foam cushion with the Blue Bayou dining package and can sit on that on the ground, but there are no chairs or benches in the viewing areas. The old dessert package used to have chairs, but that has been discontinued. There are some chairs in the VIP area, but as far as I know, there are no chairs for the general public.

Again, thank you so much!! We always got the seated Dessert package so I was not understanding how this worked! Aloha, Karen

Does anyone have any information about the Hungry Bear dessert package? I haven't been able to find much on it! I can't even find tickets for it on Disneyland's website, is it a first come/ first serve situation? Thanks guys!

At this point, it doesn't seem like the Hungry Bear Dessert package is being offered anymore. Prior to the Critter Country refurbishment it could be booked like any other reservation (i.e., you could make it in advance online or via the phone), but it hasn't re-appeared on the list with the re-opening of Critter Country.

At this point, it doesn't seem like the Hungry Bear Dessert package is being offered anymore. Prior to the Critter Country refurbishment it could be booked like any other reservation (i.e., you could make it in advance online or via the phone), but it hasn't re-appeared on the list with the re-opening of Critter Country.
Thanks for the information, I'm glad to know what's going on!

Sorry if someone has already asked this, but what happens if you have a stroller in the viewing area - do you have to leave it somewhere or can you bring it in? We're going to see the 10:45 viewing and I think my 5YO might fall asleep in the stroller!

I haven't seen any really clear answer about strollers in previous posts on this thread or the other F! thread. My guess is that for the dining package viewing areas, if they do allow strollers inside the viewing area, you will have to be in the back with the ECVs and wheelchairs. Otherwise, the stroller would get in the way of the folks sitting on the ground behind you.

I'm a relative DL rookie (1 visit in 2014, another in a couple of weeks) in need of some help!

Last year, we forked out a lot of money for a Carthay Circle dinner to get premium spots for WoC. It was expensive, and the reserved viewing area was awful. Since everyone stood, and the area was largely flat, our two young children couldn't see a thing. I was angry, upset for my two boys, and felt ripped off.

This time around, I'd love for them to be able to see Fantasmic.

The only dining package available for our date is at River Belle, and - if we're going to see the show - I'd rather have that package set up rather than chance standby tickets. (I've already booked the dinner.)

My questions for everyone here:

- Will children actually be able to see the show well from River Belle's viewing area? Or will it be another repeat of WoC where they were in a sea of 6' tall adults standing up?

- Do people stand or sit for the show? (I've seen talk of chairs for some reserved areas, but have also seen photos of Blue Bayou customers sitting on cushions on the ground.)

- If we dine at 6:00, are we sure to get FP tickets for the 9:00 show? (If not, it's pointless. They're too young to last to the later show!)

- Do we really need to rush to the reserved seating area in order to get decent spots? Or can we just enjoy ourselves in the park, and assume that - if we arrive a bit in advance of the show - we'll still be able to see it and enjoy ourselves.

- What are the current logistics of checking in at the viewing area / getting a seat / etc?

Help!

- Will children actually be able to see the show well from River Belle's viewing area? Or will it be another repeat of WoC where they were in a sea of 6' tall adults standing up? Do people stand or sit for the show? (I've seen talk of chairs for some reserved areas, but have also seen photos of Blue Bayou customers sitting on cushions on the ground.)
There are no more chairs in any of the viewing areas available to the general public (FP, standby or dining packages). The Blue Bayou dining package viewing area is guaranteed ground seating. There is a small amount of standing in the back of the section for those that would prefer to stand. The RBT viewing area is adjacent to the Blue Bayou dining package. None of the F! dining package information says that the RBT viewing is ground seating, but almost all reports have indicated that most of that viewing area is also ground seating. In general, any of the viewing areas close to the water end up having guests sit on the ground. So while it doesn't promise you ground seating, it's a pretty good bet that the RBT viewing area will also be ground seating. Unlike WoC, which has a oddly set up viewing area, F! is mostly on or above the water surface. So ground seating is fine because you'll be looking up.

If we dine at 6:00, are we sure to get FP tickets for the 9:00 show? (If not, it's pointless. They're too young to last to the later show!)
I don't know, but on a different thread, some folks report being told by dining CMs that reservations for 6:30 pm and later are for the second show. So ADRs for before 6:30 pm would be for the first show. Take it with a grain of salt (because it's one of those "CM said" things).

- Do we really need to rush to the reserved seating area in order to get decent spots? Or can we just enjoy ourselves in the park, and assume that - if we arrive a bit in advance of the show - we'll still be able to see it and enjoy ourselves.
It sounds like most all of the dining package viewing area provides a good view. So you don't have to be there super far in advance (like you do for WoC), but I wouldn't wait until the last minute either.

- What are the current logistics of checking in at the viewing area / getting a seat / etc?
Just show your ticket/FP from the RBT dining package and you'll be allowed into the RBT viewing area (once they've opened the viewing area). No seats, so it's pretty much first come-first serve.

Can someone tell whats on the menu for the BB, RBT and Aladdin dining packages for the Fantansmic FP's? Also, where is the FP viewing area for the Aladdin package and is it sitting or standing?

Can someone tell whats on the menu for the BB, RBT and Aladdin dining packages for the Fantansmic FP's? Also, where is the FP viewing area for the Aladdin package and is it sitting or standing?
The BB Dining Package allows guests to order from the regular menu. I believe the only exceptions are some of the specialty drinks are not included. This is the menu according to Allears.net. For the RBT, Touring Plans has a menu. For Aladdin On-The-Go, the only menu I could find was the one from when it first debut.

For the Aladdin On-The-Go Dining package, you get either a yellow or blue FP (the same color as a regular FP). In that way, there is really no "advantage" to the Aladdin dining package other than you know you'll get a FP for the show. In both the yellow and blue FP areas there are some portions that are adjacent to the water. Those typically become ground seating, but there is no way to know if advance if you'll be directed to that area or some other area within your color FP area. The CMs do not seems to consistently fill the FP viewing areas in any particular order. So, you may get lucky and be directed to that area or you may be directed to one of the standing areas.

What about the RBT FP's viewing area? Is that mostly seated, and how soon do you need to show up before the show?

Sorry if this has been answered but…we're going to be in the park *touch wood* on Sunday Oct 4th and although we're in the parks for 4 days this is likely to be our only chance to see Fantasmic. I know it'll be busy (gay days too) so we're thinking of doing the Aladdin package. I'd like to do BB but there's nothing on the menu I'll eat (yes I'm picky) and it's a lot of money to not eat. If we tried to get a later food pick up do you think it's possible to watch DF and/or the parade then head over to F! or will we end up with bad seating/sitting - I'm only 5ft 2 so I need to not have a sea of 6ft people stood in front of me. Thanks

What about the RBT FP's viewing area? Is that mostly seated, and how soon do you need to show up before the show?
The RBT FP viewing area, according to the latest reports, has been merged with the BB viewing area, which means it's going to be all ground seating. Even before the areas were merged, the RBT dining package was ground seating only (guests could stand in the back, behind the ECVs/wheelchairs, if they didn't want to sit on the ground). The information about the RBT package didn't say ground seating (like it did for Blue Bayou), but everyone that reported back said they could sit on the ground if they wanted.

Sorry if this has been answered but…we're going to be in the park *touch wood* on Sunday Oct 4th and although we're in the parks for 4 days this is likely to be our only chance to see Fantasmic. I know it'll be busy (gay days too) so we're thinking of doing the Aladdin package. I'd like to do BB but there's nothing on the menu I'll eat (yes I'm picky) and it's a lot of money to not eat. If we tried to get a later food pick up do you think it's possible to watch DF and/or the parade then head over to F! or will we end up with bad seating/sitting - I'm only 5ft 2 so I need to not have a sea of 6ft people stood in front of me. Thanks
The last pick-up time for the Aladdin On-The-Go Package is 7:00 pm (according to the Times Guides from last week), so it's before PtN and fireworks. It's important to note that with the Aladdin package, you get a regular FP (the same as the ones you get from the FP machine). There are a few ground seating areas withing the FP areas, but those fill up pretty fast, so it's hard to say if you'd get one if you waited until after the fireworks ended to head to the viewing areas. Most of the F! FP viewing areas are standing room only. Have you looked into the menu at the RBT dining package? It's less expensive than the BB dining package, but has a reserved viewing area.

The RBT FP viewing area, according to the latest reports, has been merged with the BB viewing area, which means it's going to be all ground seating. Even before the areas were merged, the RBT dining package was ground seating only (guests could stand in the back, behind the ECVs/wheelchairs, if they didn't want to sit on the ground). The information about the RBT package didn't say ground seating (like it did for Blue Bayou), but everyone that reported back said they could sit on the ground if they wanted.

The last pick-up time for the Aladdin On-The-Go Package is 7:00 pm (according to the Times Guides from last week), so it's before PtN and fireworks. It's important to note that with the Aladdin package, you get a regular FP (the same as the ones you get from the FP machine). There are a few ground seating areas withing the FP areas, but those fill up pretty fast, so it's hard to say if you'd get one if you waited until after the fireworks ended to head to the viewing areas. Most of the F! FP viewing areas are standing room only. Have you looked into the menu at the RBT dining package? It's less expensive than the BB dining package, but has a reserved viewing area.

Ooohh thank you, I didn't realise that it want in reserved seating x

Any recent experiences with the RBT dinner package? Were your FP for first or second show? Details, please!:love:

For the regular fastpass we got the yellow section. We got there at 8pm, and just missed the cutoff for the seated section. We were first for the standing-only section, and got an unobstructed view of the show. This was on a Saturday night. I recommend that if you want to sit down, try to get in line by 7:30/7:45 at the latest.

Any recent experiences with the RBT dinner package? Were your FP for first or second show? Details, please!:love:
We did the RBT dining on Sunday. Reservation was at 640pm but we got there 30 minutes early. Outside seating was available at that time but we decided to wait for indoors due to the crazy heat. We were seated at 645pm and finished dinner around 8pm. The steak was a little on the tough side but we just did the dinner to get prime seats. Fastpass' were for the first show and said to arrive at 830pm for seating. We went early at 8 straight from RBT. There was lots of room but early is better so you can get seats up close and spread out. If you arrive later, you might have to squeeze in and not be as comfy. And definitely bring something to sit on, those bricks are hard on the rear. I bought inflatable pocket seats on eBay for $2. Definitely a butt-saver. The show was awesome!!! And great for our toddlers because their view was unobstructed. And just stay put for the fireworks (try to stay more right). I enjoyed the projections on the water and fireworks view. Definitely worth the $$ for a meh meal. And walking to IASW for the 11pm PTN was totally worth it as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter