Who uses the personalized touring plans on Touring Plans?

yes, i am using it. I have found it really useful for my upcoming trip, I put walking as relaxed. The only thing I found was it put only 10 mins per pavilion at epcot so I changed it to 20 mins. If you need any help send me a message and I will give you a hand

I've used it, but only as a guide while I'm there. If we feel like spending more or less than the recommended time at an attraction we ignore the suggested time.

I use them. I love to have every detail planned in advance. Since ill be with 2 kids, I changed the walking setting to relaxed and added in some breaks. I barely use the optimize but I love the evaluate. Hopefully the wait times are accurate.

We're also hopping to all 4 parks in one day! But we're doing the 4-Park Challenge and TP has been great to plan all our must-do's to complete the challenge and not walk around losing a lot of time. So far my biggest problem has been fitting Festival of Fantasy into my schedule, as seeing it from the main hub is one of the tasks and the time change from 3 to 2pm really threw a wrench into my plans!
When did this change to 2? TP still has it at 3pm-- this is on my list for one of our MK days

When did this change to 2? TP still has it at 3pm-- this is on my list for one of our MK days
The news broke back in May and it starts on Augusth 20th.

When I logged in the other day my MK plan for December 12th was flagged as requiring attention.

BTW they still haven't listed the times for Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam, even though Disney has it listed on their site.

I love them. But I have never stuck 100% to the final plan I've come up with using them. But still I like to see how what I think we want to do will work out. And like a PP sometimes it comes up with some ideas that I hadn't thought of. I usually start off with whatever it suggests with the "optimize" button. But then I look at the map of why it comes up with and move things around a bit to make sure I'm not crossing the park several times needlessly.

I take a screen shot of the plan and maybe refer to it. But mostly just have the plan in my head and I'm open for whatever magic pops up along the way to change plans completely.

If used correctly as a general planning tool it is great - it can teach you what it will actually cost you time-wise to do different things at different times of the day. Its wait times are way more accurate than MDE's posted times. All that being said - if you get way too into following it like a necessary itinerary, you might not slow down enough to enjoy yourself. Use it, it is definitely worth the price... Just don't make it a stone tablet. The reservation finder and room fax feature are great, and the info tools are really some of the best out there.

The news broke back in May and it starts on Augusth 20th.

When I logged in the other day my MK plan for December 12th was flagged as requiring attention.

BTW they still haven't listed the times for Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam, even though Disney has it listed on their site.

Is this just for the Halloween and Christmas season? Looks like in January the parade is back to 3pm? Just trying to plan for our March trip.

I use them. But I don't set up a touring plan in advance. Usually I do it when I'm sitting down at lunch after having used my 3 FP+ and want to try to avoid the worst of the lines. I will book my 4th FP and then log into Touring Plans and plan the rest of my day.

So far it's worked well for me doing it that way. I've tried doing it in advance but it didn't work for me.

I thought it was really helpful planning different showtimes at Hollywood studios.

I have used touring plans for several trips. I make my own plans and evaluate. I LOVE the planning process and fiddling around with the plans keeps me occupied and excited about the upcoming trip. Once I am at the park, I find that I usually move faster than my plans, but the plans are generally pretty accurate. (Except for Labor Day weekend - -seriously 2012, 2015, 2016 ... it way underestimated the crowd level ... I'm am so perplexed when I read post after post about how dead Labor Day weekend is) I allow myself to be flexible, but with scheduling FP, dining and shows, the touring plans is great for figuring out what will fit in the in-between times.

Some things I find helpful
-- it gives you the estimated time to walk between attractions
-- it gives you the ride duration (Mission Space is so much longer than I realized)

We like to meet characters. For any character that isn't a set attraction, for example, Merida, I just use the "break" feature and enter my estimated time. Or, if there is a restaurant near the character I use that location with an estimated time. So for Mulan, I'll enter the Lotus Blossom Cafe as my destination, and 20 minutes. I use the edit feature to note that I plan to meet Mulan, not stop to eat.

I also used the reservation finder for this trip and I had incredible success. The price is worth it for this alone. I did get up early several days in a row to book my ADRs (14 days worth) at the 180 day mark, but once Disney starting changing and adding things, most of those original plans changed. With the reservation finder, I was able to re-schedule several meals including 4 800am breakfasts & Chef Mickey dinner.

This year I also used it to help me with planning Universal Studios - -I knew nothing at all about this park and I've found it very helpful.

We're also hopping to all 4 parks in one day! But we're doing the 4-Park Challenge and TP has been great to plan all our must-do's to complete the challenge and not walk around losing a lot of time. So far my biggest problem has been fitting Festival of Fantasy into my schedule, as seeing it from the main hub is one of the tasks and the time change from 3 to 2pm really threw a wrench into my plans!

Much easier to see the parade in Frontierland. You can show up 40 minutes in advance and have a great viewing spot in front of Country Bears.

Last edited:
Reading with interest. I've started setting up some personalised plans, but with 4 kids I suspect any planning will go out of the window on the first day!

I'm using them for this trip. That being said, we're going at a super low crowd time (hopefully), so we may stray a bit if we can just jump on rides like we did during our last trip in early September.

Reading with interest. I've started setting up some personalised plans, but with 4 kids I suspect any planning will go out of the window on the first day!

This has happened to me - DD lost a shoe on Peter Pan once, and we took some time to find new shoes.

If something unexpected happens, there's an 'optimize' button on the app that'll re-do your plan from that moment forward. It's designed to deal with those sorts of things.

I am using them to plan my upcoming trip and really hope they work well! I used the book last time I went to WDW (2010) and it was perfect.

I love being able to see the estimated walking times, and see steps on the map, and where we will likely have free time.

I definitely think the Pandora wait times are not realistic yet, likely due to only a few months of data.

I use them and like them, but I don't usually follow them exactly. I like them for planning purposes to see if what I think I want to cover can be done in the amount of time I have. I then use that as an outline for my day, but once I'm in the park I don't follow it to the minute and I tend to go with the flow more. It helps with going with the flow though because you can see how long an attraction takes so you know if you can if it into whatever window of time you have and to keep track of your "must-do" rides, etc...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter