Who uses the personalized touring plans on Touring Plans?

I recently got it and am finding it hard to find some things we want to do! I don't know how to input looking at animals at AK, should I just put a break? I don't even know where they are to schedule it in lol! I also don't know how to see inside out & baymax in epcot, again maybe I should allot an hour to it?

We've touring plans every trip. We cut them out of the Unofficial Guide for our first trip! Our last trip to WDW was 4 years ago and I was 10 weeks out of ACL reconstruction. It was nice to be able to input a less walking versus less waiting in line. We stuck to the plan more on our first couple of trips. Now we tend to use the Lines App (not Disney's) which allows other users to input their actual wait time.

i have spent weeks doing plans for 8 park days, if the wait times are accurate, the walk times are accurate then i think it will be the best $15 anyone doing disney can ever spend, couple of glitches in parade times though, we had to work round which did upset the planning! ie 3pm parade now 2pm for our trip! also royal friendship faire times have changed for end august sept. doesnt seem 100% perfect but use of forum and chat helps loads too, just like here all info helps!
please if you have used this this year and it was accurate please post up to give me and others confidence.

Is this just for the Halloween and Christmas season? Looks like in January the parade is back to 3pm? Just trying to plan for our March trip.
A great question that sadly I can't answer it for you. Rumors were they were moving the time of the parade because of Paint The Night being added to Magic Kingdom but since that didn't happen I don't even know if they are indeed changing the hours for FOF. I guess we'll find out on August 19th.

I recently got it and am finding it hard to find some things we want to do! I don't know how to input looking at animals at AK, should I just put a break? I don't even know where they are to schedule it in lol! I also don't know how to see inside out & baymax in epcot, again maybe I should allot an hour to it?
You can either add it as a break or add it as one of the treks. Did you changed tabs when adding your attractions?

I've been using the plan for every trip since 1991 and am a big fan. If it's a moderate to light crowd day, I'll deviate. On heavy crowd days, I really like to stick to the plan. Do note that we have been to the park so many times that we typically only have about 12 things on our plan, and after that we shop, do repeats, try new things, etc. so usually are looking at line and FP+ availability. It's a great way, though, to get your core stuff in efficiently.

Before FP+ I loved it that the plans told you when to get fast passes and when to use them. With FP plus I love it that the plans work around your fastpasses and sometimes even tell you not to bother with what you have and to maybe get something else, as what you got isn't going to be helpful in saving overall wait time. DS 21 and I do the planning together, and it's a ton of fun. I also use these to decide if I even want to go. I do this before I book any air or lodging and sometimes based on long stand by wait time, I have decided not to go to Disney.

I thought you were saying bye to whatever the reason is for having more time to post. Like you were on vacation and now you're going back to work.

A great question that sadly I can't answer it for you. Rumors were they were moving the time of the parade because of Paint The Night being added to Magic Kingdom but since that didn't happen I don't even know if they are indeed changing the hours for FOF. I guess we'll find out on August 19th.

That would have been nice! I just assumed they were moving it during the holidays because of MK closing at 6 now on party days (or is that just during Christmas party days? Whatever it is we will find out soon!

do you think Tour plans or Kenny is the way to go if you had to pay for one?

I'm using TP for the first time ever for my upcoming trip. For some strange reason, after I do the plan, it tells me I don't need FP...? It's supposed to recommend what FP to get and when to get them, mine, for each plan I do, tells me FP aren't necessary. Of course I'm going to get them, I just find it strange.

After you place attractions in order and evaluate, TP will recommend your FP+ based on the longest wait times they predict for your chosen attractions. Them put your FP+ preferences in before you evaluate and use the information that comes up to adjust attraction order if necessary. Then evaluate again. Don't optimize.

I'm so pleased this thread has popped up. Our trip starts in 5 days and I literally discovered this feature with TP 2 days ago so am frantically learning how it works and planning on using it

What is the difference with optimise vs evaluate? I think this the biggest thing I don't understand! Reading through this thread I get the impression that most of you write you're own plan and use the evaluate function. Slightly concerned if that's what everyone advises as no idea how to write my own plan (hence why using someone else's!)

I think how I'm considering using it is by seeing what time we all end up in a park (hubby is not easy to get out of bed), how long we think we'll stay for, put in what attractions we'd like to do in that time, and let it tell me therefore what order to do them in

In this circumstance would I use optimise or evaluate?

Thanks

I'm so pleased this thread has popped up. Our trip starts in 5 days and I literally discovered this feature with TP 2 days ago so am frantically learning how it works and planning on using it

What is the difference with optimise vs evaluate? I think this the biggest thing I don't understand! Reading through this thread I get the impression that most of you write you're own plan and use the evaluate function. Slightly concerned if that's what everyone advises as no idea how to write my own plan (hence why using someone else's!)

I think how I'm considering using it is by seeing what time we all end up in a park (hubby is not easy to get out of bed), how long we think we'll stay for, put in what attractions we'd like to do in that time, and let it tell me therefore what order to do them in

In this circumstance would I use optimise or evaluate?

Thanks
Optimize allows the computer to rearrange the plan (sometimes in less than preferred ways). Evaluate gives you the wait and walk times based on the order you have chosen without rearranging.

You can press optimize and see if you like it. If not drag some steps around and evaluate to see how that changes things. You can make multiple plans for the same day if you want to plan for getting there at different times. Like one plan if you arrive at 9:30 and another for 10:30 arrival.

I had these issues as well. Not all the character meet and greets were listed so i added a break and estimated how long it would take plus 15 extra minutes incase I was off.

Another thing to note with the breaks, the walk time is also going to be incorrect as the system won't know where your walking to and from when your on a break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter