• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who wants a new World Showcase pavilion???

As an Aussie I never really know how to take this when the subject comes up. Are people saying we aren't interesting enough as a country to join the World showcase, that the only thing going for us is koalas, kangaroos and wombats? I can understand somewhat why people think that but at the same time I think we'd have a great pavilion in WS. Don't think it would ever happen though, I think somewhere like Brazil or India is more likely.

No, on the contrary. I think Austrailia would have more to offer than would fit in the WS, and would want a whole land dedicated to it with several attractions.

As an Aussie I never really know how to take this when the subject comes up. Are people saying we aren't interesting enough as a country to join the World showcase, that the only thing going for us is koalas, kangaroos and wombats? I can understand somewhat why people think that but at the same time I think we'd have a great pavilion in WS. Don't think it would ever happen though, I think somewhere like Brazil or India is more likely.

I think lots of people would want a Auusie land pavilion, mostly becuase of the distance away, they would never get to visit your beautifull part of the world! This is just what the ws was meant to do....educate and bring the world closer together in a fun Disney magic way. Just think of the magical attractions with a Aussie theme!

I was there once 30 years ago when I was shipping out.............I would love to go back!

AKK

The OP was just trolling for the reaction...........there are people around without the mind to start good threads, so they try to get attention with the trash they stated!

NO!!!! that wasn't the purpose at all I swear. I was just stating my opinion. I think that they could have done so much more with the pavilion. I didn't think anyone would twist it like that. Everyone's entitled to there own opinion

I would love another African country or a South American country!

1st, I think it's pretty short sighted to think that a celebration/representation of the United States in any "world showcase" type concept is "wasted space"
Oh gosh the thread is becoming about me not liking the US pavilion. I don't know what your definition of wasted space is but for me I feel that the US pavilion could be greater that's all. Evidently not many agree.

NO!!!! that wasn't the purpose at all I swear. I was just stating my opinion. I think that they could have done so much more with the pavilion. I didn't think anyone would twist it like that. Everyone's entitled to there own opinion

Yes, I got this from your post somehow. Not that the USA itself is bad per say, just that they could have made that space FAR more interesting. The USA pavillion is at it's best during the Food and Wine festival. Instead of bland American food like burgers and fries, it should have a changing menu that highlights different regional cuisines. I love the lobster rolls! but it would be really awesome if the pavillion had mutiple stations like the Land, and featured treats from different states on a rotating basis. You could have baked potatoes from Idaho (or Maine), Salmon from the Northwest, real Maple from Vermont, Key Lime pie and REAL oranges from Florida...

The topic of of adding countries to the WS has come up before. I have always said the same thing about Africa. (where others have said, "but they have Africa in AK") I would love to see more African countries represented. Having Africa in AK is not the same thing as African pavillions in the WS, as much as I do enjoy AK and AKL.

I'd very much like to see every continent represented by at least ONE pavillion in the WS. Although Australia is an island of sorts, I really love to see some other island nations represented as well. Jamaica would be nice.

South America would also be nice.

Russia is an obvious omission, then again, there really aren't any Eastern European countries in the WS.

Egypt is also an obvious omission.

Oh gosh the thread is becoming about me not liking the US pavilion. I don't know what your definition of wasted space is but for me I feel that the US pavilion could be greater that's all. Evidently not many agree.

I agree. Keep the USA pavilion but give it some energy.

I think the most interesting countires would be a country that has something unique and different when it comes to architechture, food, dance, music and culture.

India would be my first choice
An African country such as Ethiopia would be my 2nd choice (Ethiopian food is so good)
Brazil could be interesting especially if they made it a 365 day a year carnival
Egypt might be cool for the pharohs and pyramids etc they could have but then again the food and the language, music and entertainment is really simular to what you find in Morroco so I'm torn on that one.

I understand why some say that the US pavilion needs a lift, but in my opinion, it is the one pavilion I enjoy the most. My favorite part is the Voices of Liberty, and I must say, I could sit there and listen to them hours at end, and never get tired of it. The whole show inside the pavilion is quite instructive and entertaining. And often times, when I do the pavilion, I feel a sudden urge of going to Liberty Square in MK XD

That being said, I would agree to the fact that World Showcase needs a new country. What I wished most would be that Germany would have a Movie or ride of some sort. Italy and UK as well. Its like they are the only countries that dont have some kind of Attraction.
As for a new country, I can see Brazil. Not an African country. I mean AK has a lot of African theme to it, if anything they could expand the culture to include the Northern African territories, such as Egypt. If we want to go Arabic, I would go for something from the Middle East. Pakistan or India could be nice too.

India. It's a huge unique country with a wonderful culture and cuisine.

I also REALLY like the idea of Australia/NZ.

I would love to see Russia - Disney could promote their old Anastasia movie, think Minnie and Mickey stacking dolls or even better an awesome vodka bar! So much cool stuff they could do.

Also would love a facelift on Canada - had heard rumours of a hockey themed bar which would be fun and maybe some beaver tails!

markar92

DVC member since 2008
Bay Lake Tower and SSS

Disclaimer: study of the American colonial period is a hobby of mine, so I love it! As an American, though, I wonder what it must look like to people from other countries. It must look as if we're about to detach our arms from patting ourselves on our backs so energetically.

Discussion years ago was that Disney was about set to make plans for Russia when their corporate backer pulled out & that was that. My friend thinks Greece would be astounding, but I love the idea of India. Imagine the opps for income: amazing food, clothing shops, henna painting, jewelry. And they could have a gallery about Indian culture & history. I saw the Japanese one yesterday & found it, as always at EPCOT, interesting & instructive.

To the OP: everyone who expresses an unpopular opinion gets flamed, so don't worry. I was once tarred & feathered for telling people that WDW was not worth a visit a few months after the terrorist attacks in 2001 because the atmosphere was so tense. You would have thought I'd said ... well, never mind. I might get drawn & quartered! :rolleyes:

I would love to see Russia - Disney could promote their old Anastasia movie, think Minnie and Mickey stacking dolls or even better an awesome vodka bar! So much cool stuff they could do.

Also would love a facelift on Canada - had heard rumours of a hockey themed bar which would be fun and maybe some beaver tails!

markar92

DVC member since 2008
Bay Lake Tower and SSS

Saw this and needed to point out an error, Anastasia wasn't Disney, Fox made that movie. Still Russia would be pretty cool to have.

Also second India and Australia.

Concerning the American pavillion, to people from the USA it may seem silly but you have to remember that Epcot does get a lot of international visitors. I say don't get rid of it but maybe change it up a little.

I vote for Russia...think of the gorgeous onion dome architecture...St. Basil's...

Food might be a BIT challenging, but I think they could offer "Russian Inspired" foods-- not so much the stereotypical cabbage, borscht, vodka...just accent with those items...I don't know. I know Ukranian food can be really tasty...I am not sure where the crossover might be with Russian food (perogies, Haluschki, etc.).

The music would be great! Can you imagine a Soarin' type of ride going over Siberia through all the vast regions of Russia, giving us a glimpse of a famous Russian ballet performance and ending up in Red Square/the Kremlin?

I don't think the OP meant that they don't like the USA, I get what they were saying. I think that the USA pavilion needs to stay since they are the host country but it would be nice to incorporate more about the history of America. I mean just because us Americans know about our history (well most of us. lol) it would be nice for other countries to learn more.

I would love to see Russia or Greece. I think the buildings alone would be beautiful and the food amazing.

Australia is also a great choice but like a PP said I think it would be wonderful in Animal Kingdom. I would like it to include many things about Australia and I don't think a small spot in WS would do it justice.

worldshowcase_sites.gif

You've got spots for up to eight more countries back there.

You've got spots for up to eight more countries back there.

7 actually. I seriously doubt Disneyworld will be converting one of the spots that borders the UK since that is a party area. They use it for all of their races pasta parties and probably several other events would be shocked if they converted that into a new country.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter