• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who was a famous name when you were growing up that young people today wouldn't have heard of?

I'm in my 40s and knew about obscure people and pop culture references from the turn of the century. Kids these days probably think Brittney Spears is basically like the same age as Mozart. So funny that kids these days have access to all the knowledge the world holds yet have almost no clue about anything outside their immediate social media circles. I know this because I work with that age and I'm telling you...they have no clue about anything older than the late 2010s

Bob Keeshan, Shari Lewis, Andy Devine; and the wonderful characters -- Captain Kangaroo, Midnight the Cat, Howdy Doody, Lamb Chop, Kukla and Ollie. I could go on and on.

I doubt my kids, ages 28-33, know who a lot of those TV characters are, and why should they? My kids don’t watch much TV. No great loss. I don’t even know who some of the ones mentioned are. I was allowed to watch Captain Kangaroo as a kid.

Merv Griffin, Mike Douglas
those along with virgina graham and gypsy rose lee were the talk show hosts my mom watched daily during my childhood (and for a time dinah shore-esp during the years she was dating burt reynolds!).

Bob Keeshan, Shari Lewis, Andy Devine; and the wonderful characters -- Captain Kangaroo, Midnight the Cat, Howdy Doody, Lamb Chop, Kukla and Ollie. I could go on and on.

loved these! love older kid's cartoons and shows-have large beanie and cecil toys (cecil's pull string voice still works) as well as a large stuffed gumby and pokey.

on the subject of older kid's shows-shout out to san francisco bay area 'kids', do you remember charley and humphrey or buster, vanilla and russel from 'buster and me'?

This year I took my DD (21) to the candlelight processional when Neil Patrick Harris was the host and she had never heard of him! It’s all generational…I’m 45 and I can tell you who all the 90s stars were. I had kids in 02 & 03 and totally lost touch with pop culture. I have no clue who’s who anymore. My kids know all about todays stars, but no one before mid teens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter