• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who was at the birth of your children? (besides drs and nurses)

I hope this means just in the hospital and not witnessing the actual birth in the delivery room - cuz I posted a ton of people but they weren't in the delivery room!

My oldest - DH, my mom, dad (he nearly passed out), DH's mom, grandma (she may have waited outside the door I can't remember, aunt, cousins and about 6 - 8 nursing students.

My youngest - my mom. DH & I had split and it was more important for him to be somewhere else (can you guess why we split?). The doctor almost didn't make it back before I gave birth. DD was ready and there was nothing I could do to stop her.

With my daughter, it was her dad, doctor, nurse, pediatric cardiologist (she had an arrhythmia), and the freaking janitor standing in the doorway! After 33 hours of labor, I was beyond caring.

With my son, no clue. He's adopted.

DD#1- DH, mom, and a close friend of mine
DD#2 - just DH. Mom was watching DD#1. It was kind of nice just the two of us. Plus it went a heck of a lot easier than the 1st one.

DS#1 - DH and my sister
DD#2 - DH and med students
Surro #1 - DH, her parents, BFF (best OB nurse ever)
Surro #2 - DH, DS, DD (she "helped" the drs deliver him), parents arrived after delivery
Surro #3 - DH, her parents, BFF (same nurse as before), my sister.

My XH and a
Friend. She was in nursing school at the time and needed to experience a c-section. She asked and I said ok. I don't remember her being there so she must have stayed quiet lol

DD#1- Boyfriend (future husband)
DS #1- Husband
DS #2- Husband
DD #2- Husband

I did not want anyone else there. If fact if possible I didn't even want people to know I was in labour, would have preferred just to tell peopl the baby was born. I was worried if people knew I was in labour, they would try to come and be there for the birth and I was not comfortable with that, I just wanted myself and the baby's dad (my bf then dh) there.

Son #1.....just my SIL as DH (first husband) was stationed elsewhere and couldn't get there
Son #2 .......DH and my Mom
Son #3.....just DH

DD#1 Her other parent
DD#2 Her dad
DS His dad and DD#2 (DD#1 was with her other parent/grandparent)

Well, and medical teams.

Fun fact: I had no visitors in the hospital for any of the births. For DD#1, there was family drama going on, which is why I didn't get a baby shower and no one came. (not my drama...my almost stepmonster and two of my sisters were fighting over who would host a shower, and because none of them would compromise, it never happened. Same thing about coming up, they all fought over who would be there first...so no one came.) With DD#2, I wasn't speaking to any of my family at that time. For DS, we were phone contact only with family, and out of state.

For both kids it was just DH and me. He didn't want to be there but he was and didn't faint.

Just DH, the midwife, and a nurse.

I had my kids at a birth center staffed by midwives, with a great jacuzzi to labor in!

Only my DH. I am a very private person and didn't want anyone but my DH in the delivery room. It ended up being a huge issue, so much so that my mother did not come to the hospital when my first was born because she was mad that I wouldn't let anyone in the room - I ended up having an emergency c-section and my DS10 almost died, and it took my DH calling my mom on the phone and yelling at her to get her to come see my son after he was born. It changed our relationship permanently.

1. my mom, dad, best friend

2. DH & my mom

3. DH, my mom, MIL

I honestly would not have cared if a parade came through during the delivery. Labor was different. During the labor I was embarrassed for people to see me in pain (chose to have no meds) so I preferred to not have people around (like with my third I had my mom take my MIL out for a walk because I didn't feel comfortable with her there), but once the baby was ready to come out I did not care who was there.

I hope this means just in the hospital and not witnessing the actual birth in the delivery room - cuz I posted a ton of people but they weren't in the delivery room!

I'm pretty sure it meant in the delivery room witnessing the birth.

DH and mom

When my son was born, there were 12 people in the delivery room...lots of docs and nurses.
When my daughter was born, my doctor didn't make it in time, they had to get the attending to come in and deliver

For mine, my doula and my then-husband.
Of my eight grandchildren, five were born at home. I was present for all of those. Of the three born in hospital, I was in the delivery room for one, and waiting just outside for the other two (hospital policy only allowed the husband to be in the room for those two). Very joyous moments for me!

Only DH for both. BIL (my sister's husband) was first to see DD#2 because he stopped by to see if DH wanted something to eat or drink. I had just delivered the placenta and the nurse covered it up then allowed him in (checked with me first).

I have 7 siblings plus their spouses and children. So I had a lot of visitors. When my sister gave birth, the nurse suggested she ask everyone who wasn't close family to leave. Sister replied that we were all close family and it wasn't even everyone.

#1: in hospital, my Dad was in labour room (his job was to rub my feet - heaven!), and DH and Mum also came in to delivery room but Dad went to the waiting room for the actual delivery.
#2: in birthing centre, Dad had to stay with child#1 who was only 1.5 years old and sleeping at home; Mum and DH were with me next to the birthing tub
#3: exactly the same as #2, but now Dad was at home with a 3 year old and a 1.5 year old. It was also overnight though, and both kids were sleeping.

All 3 kids - DH and my mom. I actually didn't really want my mom there but couldn't bear to hurt her feelings and so I never told her. It meant a lot to her to be there and she was so sweet. Also she is an RN and could easily handle it. Looking back I am glad I allowed her to be there and the personal sacrifice was worth it. But in a perfect world I would have preferred the intimacy of it being just DH and me and our new baby.

DH was the only one there. My parents and DH's parents showed up shortly after each time but I wouldn't allow anyone else to be there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter