who's a new cp here?

Thanks! Today was my 3rd day on my own. Working safaris is an absolute blast! I can't wait for people I know to ride my truck! :)

Hey guys! I'm really interested in doing the CP at disney in a year or two. Are there any things I should be doing to make myself more desirable to them? Do they look at things like your HS and College GPA as consideration? I am so excited when I discovered this opportunity. Seems like a dream come true. I don't know how I'll be able to convince my parents, "yea...i'm going to disney world for a couple months instead of being at college" ha ill have to start making an argument for them, "i can take classes there, etc." thanks 4 all ur help guys!!! :earsboy:

Michele

We all need to meet one day! That would be alot of fun. If i ever had a day off that would make things alot easier!

I am done all my training at Innoventions now! i have overtime today and it sucks but at least i am not training anymore.

How do I get into this program? I graduate high school this June and am planning on college but this program sounds great. Do they take Canadian kids? My parents own at DVC, maybe that would help?
Where can I find out more?
Thanks

Canadians are unfortunately not eligible for the standard college program, largely because of visa requirements. However, you are eligible to try for the WDW International programs, where you'd be a representative of your country working in Epcot. There's a great site at wdwip.com where you can meet others who have done it and find out more information.

i reeeeally am pissed at myself for never doing this. i went to the presentation, had my interview, got an offer for an operations position, etc, but couldn't do it. by that point in school i had so many specialized classes i needed to take that i couldn't afford a semester at the parks.

teh fish, HM is the ride i requested to work on (ToT second choice). please post something letting us know how it is after a while.

Blues,

It's great. Scaring everyone is a lot of fun and I love coming up with witty responses to guest questions. Walking through the mansion is pretty cool. The only bad thing is having to deal with guests that yell at me to smile or being hit on by 40 year old women and two guys.

thanks for the response. sounds like an amazing job. like i said, this is something i really really wish i had done. maybe i'll get a job as counsel for disney once i finish law school or something, so i can live down there and go for free.

might PM you with more questions if i get time. there's tons more i wanna know about it since i never got to experience being a CM. every time i've met someone who has done the program, i go nuts and ask them all about it and they're probably sick of talking about it by the time the night is over...

teh fish said:
Blues,

It's great. Scaring everyone is a lot of fun and I love coming up with witty responses to guest questions. Walking through the mansion is pretty cool. The only bad thing is having to deal with guests that yell at me to smile or being hit on by 40 year old women and two guys.

teh fish - hehe... "Being hit on by 40 year old women"

I worked at Pleasure Island when I was a CP, so the "40 year old women" were also drunk :earseek:

Nope they don't look at that at all. Well I shouldn't say that, you have to be in good acadmeic standing with your college. As for your parents, tell them that it is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You will never get chances like this once you graduate and have to support yourself in the real world. Plus its looks great on your resume for when you do graduate
~Amanda
Spring '04 Alumni

cheerdancer11 said:
Hey guys! I'm really interested in doing the CP at disney in a year or two. Are there any things I should be doing to make myself more desirable to them? Do they look at things like your HS and College GPA as consideration? I am so excited when I discovered this opportunity. Seems like a dream come true. I don't know how I'll be able to convince my parents, "yea...i'm going to disney world for a couple months instead of being at college" ha ill have to start making an argument for them, "i can take classes there, etc." thanks 4 all ur help guys!!! :earsboy:

Michele

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter