• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who's going in June?

So how will these added after dark events affect crowds at both parks on the day? We do not have hoppers and our first park day (planned for Disneyland) now has one of the pride nite parties. Should we switch our reservation to California adventure for that day instead? Or just leave it as Disneyland and make do with whatever the crowds are like that day? How crowded does it get during the mix-in time? And I assume it means no Fantasmic or fireworks that night?

I'm going June 11-15 with my son to celebrate his HS graduation. We haven't been on any family vacations since 2019 (I'm taking his sister on a girl's trip in Oct). I'm really excited for him to see Galaxy's Edge, and thankfully I got an Oga's reservation today. I completely forgot about ADRs and missed the first couple days of our trip because we're so used to going with no real plan and just winging it. I did get a WOC dessert party res, now I'm just hoping for a Blue Bayou F! lunch res and I think we're set. Now that I see the Pride after dark event, I'm thinking I might need to set my calendar to remind me to purchase for that too!

We’re taking my daughter to celebrate college graduation June 6-8. Staying at CCI. Got a few ADRs and trying the (jaw-droppingly expensive) WOC dessert party for the first time. Looking forward to having a chair for the show! We have been to the parks many many times in the past, but this is our first visit since summer 2019. We’ve got park hoppers with genie+ but would appreciate any tips that you’ve found helpful in recent visits! TIA!

We’re taking my daughter to celebrate college graduation June 6-8.
We are going to be there June 4-10 for the same reason. We took our daughter to DL for high school graduation in 2019 and now she wants to return for college graduation.
We also booked the WOC dessert party. Hope the view is worth the $$.

I can't decide what to do about WOC. We are doing Trader Sam's. Blue Bayou, Plaza Inn Minnie breakfast, and Lamplight Lounge brunch. I'm debating doing the dessert party but it's so pricey and we already have quite a few ADRs. How hard is it to do virtual queue for WOC?

Yeah
I know for some its early to be making summer plans but not a fan of Disney starting summer so late this year.

Event until 15th and no Rogers until June 30th. Just not a fan of summer starting the last week of june when many school gets out the first week of June and weather is still nice in June
I'm bummed that Rogers is opening so late, too! I'd hoped to book a quick 2-day DL/DCA jaunt sometime after school lets out; now between that late opening, wanting to avoid July 4th crowds, another trip (elsewhere) in late July that our family has had planned since last December, and our school district starting ridiculously early in August, I have exactly one stretch of 3 days the whole summer to try to see it. 😡 Anybody know if Rogers will last into October?

I'm bummed that Rogers is opening so late, too! I'd hoped to book a quick 2-day DL/DCA jaunt sometime after school lets out; now between that late opening, wanting to avoid July 4th crowds, another trip (elsewhere) in late July that our family has had planned since last December, and our school district starting ridiculously early in August, I have exactly one stretch of 3 days the whole summer to try to see it. 😡 Anybody know if Rogers will last into October?
Yeah Rogers has too many little issues but im sure the people seeing it will enjoy it

But its not even on Sundays? (how?) and says limited time so could be until the end of summer or longer but its Disney being Disney and releasing almost no info. They even say some weeks it randomly might not be playing, so yeah. Glad I can see it the first weekend but sucks this is the way they are going with this show

How hard is it to do virtual queue for WOC?
Not hard at all, and I actually prefer the right up close view on the boardwalk that typically is wide open because people are concerned they might get sprayed. It has yet to happen to us. You do have to stand for the show, so keep that in mind.

ADRs opened for our first trip day today and I got Trader Sam's for dinner and Blue Bayou Fantasmic package for lunch. I was surprised that my BB ressie says 2nd showing. We have a pretty early ressie, and there were lots of ressies still available after I booked so I'm not sure how they assign the showing. Hopefully we can all stay up that late on our second day in CA from the east coast!

ADRs opened for our first trip day today and I got Trader Sam's for dinner and Blue Bayou Fantasmic package for lunch. I was surprised that my BB ressie says 2nd showing. We have a pretty early ressie, and there were lots of ressies still available after I booked so I'm not sure how they assign the showing. Hopefully we can all stay up that late on our second day in CA from the east coast!
I'm going to try for this in a few days (Blue Bayou Fantasmic). How did you search for it/find it in the app? I've been trying to practice, and I can't figure out how to actually book this/which option it is. Thanks!

I'm going to try for this in a few days (Blue Bayou Fantasmic). How did you search for it/find it in the app? I've been trying to practice, and I can't figure out how to actually book this/which option it is. Thanks!
I was on the web, but you should be able to pull up Fantasmic Dining on the app, too. FYI, I could see the reservation times when I got on the computer around 8:15 eastern, but it kept erroring if I tried to book until about 8:35 when it finally went through. So they definitely released a little early. Good luck! I'll be trying for Lamplight Lounge and WOC dessert party tomorrow.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland/fantasmic-dinner-packages

I was on the web, but you should be able to pull up Fantasmic Dining on the app, too. FYI, I could see the reservation times when I got on the computer around 8:15 eastern, but it kept erroring if I tried to book until about 8:35 when it finally went through. So they definitely released a little early. Good luck! I'll be trying for Lamplight Lounge and WOC dessert party tomorrow.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland/fantasmic-dinner-packages
Thanks! I booked WOC Dessert Party yesterday for 6/18 in the middle of the day, so I don't think those go as fast. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter