Who's going to be at DLR for Dapper Day weekend (Nov 11-12)?

DizMe

Here we gooooo...
I'm going Sat-Mon, Nov 11-13, with my DD and DGS (6). We will be dressing up :). I used to get SUPER involved, but these days I just wear something from a previous Dapper Day and don't get too ambitious.

Looking forward to seeing what people wear. If you're going, please post pics!

I'm going Sat-Mon, Nov 11-13, with my DD and DGS (6). We will be dressing up :). I used to get SUPER involved, but these days I just wear something from a previous Dapper Day and don't get too ambitious.

Looking forward to seeing what people wear. If you're going, please post pics!
Have fun! We postponed to April because of various school events.

Ok.... My daughter made me that fancy fascinator, I custom ordered the brooch and necklace, I will carry the carousel purse and wear the Disneyland dress. I will show the whole outfit in April once I actually get there lol. I ordered a cute Dapper Day pin, too, and am still deciding on shoes. Will probably have to wear sneakers.

Attachments

• IMG_6234.JPG
    IMG_6234.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6232.JPG
    IMG_6232.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5651 2.jpg
    IMG_5651 2.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 6
  • disneydress.jpg
    disneydress.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6426.JPG
    IMG_6426.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Ok.... My daughter made me that fancy fascinator, I custom ordered the brooch and necklace, I will carry the carousel purse and wear the Disneyland dress. I will show the whole outfit in April once I actually get there lol. I ordered a cute dapper day pin, too, and am still deciding on shoes. Will probably have to wear sneakers.
Oh my gosh...THAT IS THE COOLEST OUTFIT!!!! I love love love it and can't wait to see pictures of you in it. SUPER cute fascinator, and your accessories...!!

I'm kind of sad. My daughter texted me a little bit ago and asked if she had to dress up. We've been planning this! She asked me if we could go to Dapper Day! We put together a really cute outfit for my grandson and now she doesn't want to dress up. It's so deflating, sigh.

But anyway, Pluto, I can't wait to see pictures of you from your April trip in your adorable outfit!!

Oh my gosh...THAT IS THE COOLEST OUTFIT!!!! I love love love it and can't wait to see pictures of you in it. SUPER cute fascinator, and your accessories...!!

I'm kind of sad. My daughter texted me a little bit ago and asked if she had to dress up. We've been planning this! She asked me if we could go to Dapper Day! We put together a really cute outfit for my grandson and now she doesn't want to dress up. It's so deflating, sigh.

But anyway, Pluto, I can't wait to see pictures of you from your April trip in your adorable outfit!!
Thank you so much! Maybe I can find even more Fantasyland accessories between now and April :) I've worn the dress to the park before, but not on Dapper Day.

Are you still going to dress up with your grandson? Please post pictures if you do! Have a wonderful time!

Thank you so much! Maybe I can find even more Fantasyland accessories between now and April :) I've worn the dress to the park before, but not on Dapper Day.

Are you still going to dress up with your grandson? Please post pictures if you do! Have a wonderful time!
Yes... I hope he'll still dress up with me 😊. I'll post pics!

I hope you said, "Yes, of course."

She'll thank you afterwards. :-)
Oh my gosh, I looked back and saw that I never answered you! So sorry, irlandaise.

I did indeed say "Yes, of course!" (or something to that effect). I mean, we have been planning this for a while. You can't change your mind last minute and not have your mother have an inner meltdown. I'm in a better place now, though I've not heard back from her since my phone call today and I'm supposed to pick them up at 5:30 am tomorrow morning and it's now 5 PM. Sigh..

Ok.... My daughter made me that fancy fascinator, I custom ordered the brooch and necklace, I will carry the carousel purse and wear the Disneyland dress. I will show the whole outfit in April once I actually get there lol. I ordered a cute dapper day pin, too, and am still deciding on shoes. Will probably have to wear sneakers.
Well yeah!!
Fashion be damned, feet are not worth the fashion brownie points. :-)

Well yeah!!
Fashion be damned, feet are not worth the fashion brownie points. :-)
This is SOOOOO true!! I once wore super cute shoes for Dapper Day--a perfect match with my outfit--and I well remember hobbling over to a trash can in DTD and throwing them out, then walking into a nearby store and buying some Sanuk flip flops :teeth:

Oh my gosh, I looked back and saw that I never answered you! So sorry, irlandaise.

I did indeed say "Yes, of course!" (or something to that effect). I mean, we have been planning this for a while. You can't change your mind last minute and not have your mother have an inner meltdown. I'm in a better place now, though I've not heard back from her since my phone call today and I'm supposed to pick them up at 5:30 am tomorrow morning and it's now 5 PM. Sigh..
Have a wonderful trip! Can't wait to hear all about it :)

PS...Say Hi to the real Pluto for me lol

This is SOOOOO true!! I once wore super cute shoes for Dapper Day--a perfect match with my outfit--and I well remember hobbling over to a trash can in DTD and throwing them out, then walking into a nearby store and buying some Sanuk flip flops :teeth:

I have been SO tempted by the cute shoes but didn’t want to be in that position! A couple of times I’ve worn Keds in coordinating colors. Last year I was wearing Toms and a woman in the elevator actually complimented me!

Let us know how it goes, DizMe! I hope you all have a lot of fun. And of course, photos wouldn't be amiss...

We're having a great time, though we haven't gotten a chance to dress up because we couldn't check into our room and we just got busy having fun. Tomorrow, though, we ALL have 2 different outfits 😊. DD decided to go with it and I'm so glad!

We're having a great time, though we haven't gotten a chance to dress up because we couldn't check into our room and we just got busy having fun. Tomorrow, though, we ALL have 2 different outfits 😊. DD decided to go with it and I'm so glad!
That's so great! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter