• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who's going to Harambe Nights this summer? Let's chat here!

Really thinking about attending one of the nights. Love the Festival of the Lion King show, so can't wait to watch the new one.

Just a couple questions..I'm pretty sure I know the answers already but just want to double check.

1)This ticketed Harambe event, the show is different from the one that will be running during normal times throughout the park? I'm sure it is being 55 minutes long, but just double checking

2)The buffet of food is all included in the ticket price? Is the alcohol as well or that's extra charge? I'm assuming for the ticket price the food is included and beer is an extra cost.

Just correct me if I'm wrong :) as long as food is included and it's a separate show from the normal everyday show, then I don't think the price point is too bad.

AngiTN, am so excited to finally see someone attending the same night we are! No one has really mentioned this date. Not certain if it's timing or narrator but you can be assured we won't be in business attire either...probably will be too hot for much of anything:rotfl::rotfl: We normally stay on our DVC points but are spending the week at the Wilderness Lodge this time and kind of planned the trip around the Harambe event. We are looking forward to an interesting evening. How does everyone else who is going later feel about knowing all about what will be happening? Are you sorry you won't have the element of surprise like the early nights or glad to be forewarned?

I'm ok with knowing what is going to be going on before we go. It is going to be really incredible no matter what

Really thinking about attending one of the nights. Love the Festival of the Lion King show, so can't wait to watch the new one. Just a couple questions..I'm pretty sure I know the answers already but just want to double check. 1)This ticketed Harambe event, the show is different from the one that will be running during normal times throughout the park? I'm sure it is being 55 minutes long, but just double checking 2)The buffet of food is all included in the ticket price? Is the alcohol as well or that's extra charge? I'm assuming for the ticket price the food is included and beer is an extra cost. Just correct me if I'm wrong :) as long as food is included and it's a separate show from the normal everyday show, then I don't think the price point is too bad.

1. It is my understanding that it is a different show

2. It is all inclusive, food and drinks

Just booked 8/9 as well. Love all things AK, AKL, AKV...
Looking forward to the music, "street" dancing, food and show.
Just wish they would include those bites of heaven - zebra domes... :)

1)This ticketed Harambe event, the show is different from the one that will be running during normal times throughout the park? I'm sure it is being 55 minutes long, but just double checking.
The actual show during Harambe Nights is call 'The Lion King - Concert in the Wild'. It's in celebration of the 20th Anniversary of the Lion King movie.

From the Disney Parks Blog:
The citizens of Harambe, the African village at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, are preparing to welcome you this summer to a special event like none ever held before. Among other things, Harambe Nights will feature an all-new show, “The Lion King – Concert in the Wild,” celebrating the 20th anniversary of Disney’s “The Lion King” with a live orchestra, choir, dancers, animation, special effects, and a celebrity guest narrator.
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...out-your-wild-side-at-disneys-animal-kingdom/

Just booked my ticket for July 12th. Hemmed and hawed, but then I saw the preview reports and knew I had to go. :banana: It looks fantastic, and if it is half as good as the previews it should be great. The food looks terrific, and beer and wine is included. Just a side note, I don't have my park tickets yet, but MDE allowed me to book fastpass+ for that night using my party ticket. So I guess we will be able to get in at 4 and go to other parts of the park. Can't wait until next week to get the actual reviews.

Just booked 8/9 as well. Love all things AK, AKL, AKV...
Looking forward to the music, "street" dancing, food and show.
Just wish they would include those bites of heaven - zebra domes... :)

They full menu posted a few weeks ago does have Zebra Domes :banana:

There is another thread here about the event when it was first announced and the link was posted in that.

I have tickets for June 28th. I'm really excited for this event! Sounds like a fun night.

I would LOVE to buy tickets for the Saturday that we plan to be at Disney. However, the $119 price for our 11 & 13 year old make me hesitate. I find it CRAZY that they are going to charge the same price for my children as for my husband & me. I think the price is reasonable for 21 years and older adults, who will be partaking in food and alcoholic beverages, but not for our daughters. I wish Disney would have considered a middle price point for the Tweens & Teens.

We are going 6/21 also! Me DD12 and my Mom. We are so excited. deb wills did a nice blog on all ears about the preview. We are big Lion King fans so this will be neat.. We leave in 17 days.

They full menu posted a few weeks ago does have Zebra Domes :banana:

There is another thread here about the event when it was first announced and the link was posted in that.

Well that is fantastic, thank you!

Does anyone know if this works like the other parties, as far as an unofficial entrance at 4:00 pm rather than the official 7:00 pm entrance?

Does anyone know the closing time for the event?

Thanks!

Well that is fantastic, thank you!

Does anyone know if this works like the other parties, as far as an unofficial entrance at 4:00 pm rather than the official 7:00 pm entrance?

Does anyone know the closing time for the event?

Thanks!

Yes, the other parties, both at MK (Halloween and Christmas) include entrance to the park at 4:00. Party starts at 7:00. Though it's not unofficial. It's officially entrance at 4:00. .

have read that 6/7 is sold out completely. This is the night I'm going.

I'm coming from Star Wars Weekend where I have a show to see at 4:45 so I won't be trying to get in early on the Harambe Nights ticket.

I'm attending on July 5th with my DD14 on our arrival day. As a few others noted, I was able to schedule FP+ for myself and DD14 while everyone else (not attending Harambe Nights) in my party had reached the FP+ limit as we already have all of our FP+ scheduled for our park days. So MDE knows DD and I have additional tickets! Pretty awesome. I scheduled the safari from 5-6 so hopefully we can make it in on time. If not, it will be ok. I'm just happy we have the option.

I also have Kilimanjaro Safaris scheduled between 5 and 6 on the night we attend (6/21).
We do too! on 8/2. Seemed perfect time to get it in. On our full AK day we are doing the Sunrise Safari so we'll get to wake the animals up one day and put them to bed the other. :thumbsup2

I'm so excited that the first night is tomorrow night even though I won't be there until July 5th! I can't wait to hear everything about it! I'd actually prefer to hear about it in advance so I'll know what to expect and I hope all the kinks (if any) will be worked out by the time I go! :yay:

I would LOVE to buy tickets for the Saturday that we plan to be at Disney. However, the $119 price for our 11 & 13 year old make me hesitate. I find it CRAZY that they are going to charge the same price for my children as for my husband & me. I think the price is reasonable for 21 years and older adults, who will be partaking in food and alcoholic beverages, but not for our daughters. I wish Disney would have considered a middle price point for the Tweens & Teens.

While I was chatting with the WDW booking my umbrella's for the water parks the CM started to pitch this and I thought why not? We added a Sunday and "gasp" I didn't have an ADR for dinner that night. I didn't do the math quick enough on the phone and didn't realize my 14 and 16 were full price! My fault.

So anyway, we're going! Nice to be able to do a ticketed event during the summer and something clearly unique. I just won't feed them lunch so they eat alot at dinner. Kidding, we'll be at Flame Tree for lunch.

Yes, we've booked the July 27th night with Alfre Woodard as the guest. I am so excited - this sounds like such a wonderful thing. pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter