Who's got some Yosemite Trip reports?

KCmike

Never have fallen asleep on any
We are back on the bandwagon of a Yosemite Natl Park vacation and would love to hear about some trip reports....and some photos of course. So please get those keyboards a tapping and paste come photos on here. I need the help to plan our next vacation!!!

We have some Yosemite experts on here. It's my favorite place in the world. :)

I'll post some pics in a few.

I am not an expert, but have made a bunch of Yosemite posts . . . too many to try to recreate in on epost. You are welcome to search all my posts for keyword Yosemite and visit them. Post more specific questions here and I'll visit from time to time.

The biggest advice is stay in the park and get off the pavement!

Here are some threads about Yosemite where people who have visited answered. Note that ScooterL has a lot of info about Yosemite:

Thread by livinintexas-Trip to Northern California

Thread by bronwyn regarding going from LA to Yosemite

Thread by CPM

Thread about making reservations - Angie_Ohio

I pulled the following threads from the Trip Reports Board

TR for SF, Yosemite, Cambria by Lissete

This one is a must-read, as Kevin describes hiking the Panoramic Trail:

A very British TR by Kevin Stringer

Link to wishspirit's TR

Hope these help. :)

Our family went in 2006. We stayed at the Ahawanee. I made the reservation one year ahead! The Ahawanee is very hard to get into. We flew to Fresno and rented a car. It was a 2 hour drive from Fresno to the Park. Yosemite is one of the most beautiful places on Earth. It was absolutely stunning everywhere you looked. We did a bus tour to Glacier Point, and hiking to Mirror Lake and Nevada Falls. Our hotel had a pool, which was very relaxing.

Tunnel View as you enter the valley:
P6240005.jpg

View from our room:
P6240018.jpg

View of Nevada Falls from Glacier Point:
P6250064.jpg

Half Dome, from Glacier Point:
P6250055.jpg

All of us on the Nevada Falls hike:
P6260195.jpg

My kids at the pool at The Ahawanee:
P6250148.jpg

Mirror Lake:
P6270284.jpg

The food in the park was better than I expected. We ate in the dining room at the Ahawanee the first night, then the pizza place the next night; then the food court at the Yosemite Lodge and then the fine dining room at the Yosemite Lodge the 4th nights. Breakfast was the buffet at our hotel and room service on the last day.

DS6 at The Dining Room at The Ahawanee:
P6240022.jpg

Dining room at Yosemite Lodge. What a view!
P6270306.jpg

Sequoia trees:
P6280330.jpg

After four nights in the park we drove to Valencia and spent 2 nights & went to Magic Mountain and Hurricane Harbor; then we drove to San Luis Obispo and spent 2 nights there. Overall it was a very relaxing vacation and absolutely, I would go again.

View from our cabana at Hurricane Harbor:
P6300461.jpg

DS12 on X:
P6290379.jpg

Sunset over the Pacific at The Cliffs in Pismo Beach:
P7010613.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter