Who's ready for a late summer room discount?

Remember even if you have a room booked the discount is subject to availability and you might not be able to apply it to the room you have booked.

Remember even if you have a room booked the discount is subject to availability and you might not be able to apply it to the room you have booked.

That's my concern. We had Pop Preferred pool view booked; if there's no discount or availability there, we might try renting DVC points for the first time ever; or changing our trip to sometime before July 10th. I can't justify paying full price for a still-limited experience.

I have to admit guys, I'm not feeling very confident that a discount is going to drop. I thought we'd see something by now.
I think if we don't see something this week, we'll see it next week. If nothing comes out in the next couple weeks, I imagine Disney is going to see a lot of resort reservations cancelled.
The ticket discount offer ends next week. I think they will wait for that to end before dropping a new discount for late summer/fall.

We never pay full price. We always go on a some sort of discount - usually free dining - but this year is so different. If we didn't have airfare vouchers we have to use, we probably wouldn't be going.

I am going to choose to be positive for a new discount to drop!

The ticket discount offer ends next week. I think they will wait for that to end before dropping a new discount for late summer/fall.

We never pay full price. We always go on a some sort of discount - usually free dining - but this year is so different. If we didn't have airfare vouchers we have to use, we probably wouldn't be going.

I am going to choose to be positive for a new discount to drop!

This is us. We have been going yearly for 15+ years now and have ALWAYS had either free dining or a decent room discount. We have a 2 week trip booked for late July\Early August and I can't believe there is nothing out yet. I don't want to cancel the trip, but I cannot comprehend paying full rack rate with no fast pass, magic hours, parades, fireworks, limited hours etc. etc.

I can't imagine they won't have any late summer discount. Even at the best and busiest times, when Disney was operating at 100%, there were discounts. I don't believe they will expect people to pay full price for a fraction of "normal". I know one year free dining wasn't released until early May, but we had the package booked and the restaurants reserved and just added the promotion when it was released. Since free dining isn't going to happen this year, for us it is a matter of on property vs. off depending on what is offered. I'm getting antsy about reserving our park dates so I really hope it's soon.

I can't imagine they won't have any late summer discount. Even at the best and busiest times, when Disney was operating at 100%, there were discounts. I don't believe they will expect people to pay full price for a fraction of "normal". I know one year free dining wasn't released until early May, but we had the package booked and the restaurants reserved and just added the promotion when it was released. Since free dining isn't going to happen this year, for us it is a matter of on property vs. off depending on what is offered. I'm getting antsy about reserving our park dates so I really hope it's soon.
I agree with this. The discount is coming, just later than expected. I also think they may be waiting for more COVID guidance/guidelines to come out and potentially announce operational changes (or more restaurant reopenings) at the same time or close to it.

When I called late last week to move resorts, the agent reminded me I was paying rack rates and she expected a new discount to come out within a week or two. I asked how she knew that and she said "we always have summer and late summer discounts". I'm keeping my eyes peeled too.

Sounds like many of us are in the same boat; we had four cancelled Covid trips and airline vouchers that needed to be used. I would rather chew glass than deal with Frontier customer service, so our travel dates in late July to Orlando are pretty much set.

So, withCovid-redone Annual passes, I just keep hoping for a good discount. We want to enjoy Magical Express while we still can; but I can't see paying rack rate of almost $300/night for a Value Resort! We've NEVER done that. Come on Disney!

I think we will get discounts but maybe not for a few more weeks. The current summer promo is bookable through most of May I think. So I say 2 -3 weeks from now it will drop. Hope I'm wrong.

I'm waiting to book a week in July but have never taken a disney vacation without a discount. There is alot of availability for July, any resort except Polynesian.

I think the current buy 3, get 2 offer expires on May 2nd. Hopefully the room discounts will be released a day or two after that.

You make a good point. I wasn't aware when that promotion expired. Fingers crossed we'll see something soon.

I think we will get discounts but maybe not for a few more weeks. The current summer promo is bookable through most of May I think. So I say 2 -3 weeks from now it will drop. Hope I'm wrong.
Yeah, that offer expires May 27th, but is valid for stays through July 10th. I don't know that they'll wait quite that long/close to the end of the travel period to put out another offer. But, it's all guesses at this point anyway :) Probably just wishful thinking on my part!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter