Who's staying up for 24 hours on Feb 29?

i'm trying to get a group of friends to go. i'm hoping it won't be too crowded b/c most people have work/school/etc. i wonder if all stores and restaurants will be open as well?

I am flying in from Denver. DBF want's to be there when the park opens at 6:00am this will be his second trip and he is almost as excited as I am. The plan is be there at opening, Hang out till noon back to the room to sleep for a while and return around 7 and stay all night. I made it to the 50th anniversary and I would not miss this for anything.:goodvibes

I am trying to make it to this. Went in Oct for a week so the hard part is coming up with the money.

Thinking about buying an AP since we are planning a family trip over the summer and I hope to go again this Oct. Does anybody know if they will add blackout dates for this event or are the blackout dates set in stone for the Deluxe pass?

If I do manage to go, I plan on being there for the full event! When I am in the parks, I never get tried. However, once the park closes and I am heading back to the hotel, that is when I crash. So, I think I should be fine for a full 24 hours. I just wish the matterhorn would be open!

We will be there, but not sure if we will make it all 24 hours.. My DH and older DD might try to make it the whole time...

I am trying to make it to this. Went in Oct for a week so the hard part is coming up with the money.

Thinking about buying an AP since we are planning a family trip over the summer and I hope to go again this Oct. Does anybody know if they will add blackout dates for this event or are the blackout dates set in stone for the Deluxe pass?

If I do manage to go, I plan on being there for the full event! When I am in the parks, I never get tried. However, once the park closes and I am heading back to the hotel, that is when I crash. So, I think I should be fine for a full 24 hours. I just wish the matterhorn would be open!

I have a DAP, it is not currently blacked out for Wednesday Feb 29th. Hopefully they don't decide to change that. They can and will change it if they feel they need to. However, if you purchase your DAP on that day it will not be blacked out and you WILL be able to visit the parks for no additional fee.

I have a DAP, it is not currently blacked out for Wednesday Feb 29th. Hopefully they don't decide to change that. They can and will change it if they feel they need to. However, if you purchase your DAP on that day it will not be blacked out and you WILL be able to visit the parks for no additional fee.

Would they change it like days before or weeks before Feb 29th if they were going to change it?

If everything goes as planned, I plan to arrive on Feb 28th in the morning, spend the day at DCA. Then of course on the 29th I plan on 24 hours at DL, followed by the 1st and 2nd going to ride whatever I feel like those two days (or sleeping :rotfl2:). I would hate to get there and not be able to get into the park with my pass! Do they offer any sort of "discounted" tickets for DAP holders if they want to visit on a blackout day, or is it full price?

I am going to go late, so hopefully in the middle of the night it won't be too crowded for once!!!

DH & I are going to do this!

We want to go to DL around 2am and stay until morning!

I just hope there will be availability in the DL parking lots.

I'm going to be there earlier in the month, but even if I could make it on the day, there's no way that I'd try for anything close to the full 24 hours. I think that I would most like to head into the park around 11pm and stay until about 7am. I'd love to watch the sunrise over Disneyland.

I, too, will be there on the 29th - however, I don't plan on staying the full 24 hours either. I am gonna try the overnight thing as well. I'm staying at the Disneyland Hotel so I can make a few back and forth trips.

I'm hoping to be in Cali on the 29th ... if I am I'll be joining you guys on the overnight thing but don't really want to try the 24 hour thing either. 11p-7a sounds perfect.

Hi. Newbie here. Disneyland is my favorite place and am dying to go on the 29th. Like most, there is no way I can be awake for 24 hours straight, so me and DH are thinking of going to DL in AM, going back to hotel for a nap in afternoon & back to DL in the evening.

My concern is the crowds. Normally in Feb, it wouldn't be an issue, but what if it sells out and they don't let more people in? If you've already "used" your tickets earlier that day & got your hand stamped, do they let you back in even if they aren't letting other people in?
I live here in So Cali and usually avoid these sold out type days (my fave is a rainy weekday in Oct/Mar...LOL). Does anyone think it could be that full?

Would they change it like days before or weeks before Feb 29th if they were going to change it?

If everything goes as planned, I plan to arrive on Feb 28th in the morning, spend the day at DCA. Then of course on the 29th I plan on 24 hours at DL, followed by the 1st and 2nd going to ride whatever I feel like those two days (or sleeping :rotfl2:). I would hate to get there and not be able to get into the park with my pass! Do they offer any sort of "discounted" tickets for DAP holders if they want to visit on a blackout day, or is it full price?

I honestly have NO idea when they would change it. If they do change it and it becomes blacked out (I really don't think they will do that to us Deluxe holders, if they are going to do it I think it would be to the So Cal AP holders) you can purchase a $59 blackout pass that will be good for that day only.

Hi. Newbie here. Disneyland is my favorite place and am dying to go on the 29th. Like most, there is no way I can be awake for 24 hours straight, so me and DH are thinking of going to DL in AM, going back to hotel for a nap in afternoon & back to DL in the evening.

My concern is the crowds. Normally in Feb, it wouldn't be an issue, but what if it sells out and they don't let more people in? If you've already "used" your tickets earlier that day & got your hand stamped, do they let you back in even if they aren't letting other people in?
I live here in So Cali and usually avoid these sold out type days (my fave is a rainy weekday in Oct/Mar...LOL). Does anyone think it could be that full?

If they have to do this there will be signs up and visible as you exit the park.

I think I'm going to go. I'm looking into taking the last flight out of Seattle to SNA on the 29th and going straight to the park and staying until 6AM! Not sure though. Still trying to attract a travel buddy to go down there with me.

I posted this on another thread, but we should do like a 2am DIS meet....popcorn::

Me and some friends will probably be there for the evening, not the whole 24 hours because I have class and other stuff on Wednesday. I'll probably take a nap and then be there all night. :banana:

Trying to talk the wife into it. Really do think this is something that's a once-in-a-lifetime deal. I took the days off, and HOPEFULLY she'll do the same...

BC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter