Who's wearing 2, 3 or 4 masks now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sticking to one - I tried 2 and my face was so hot I couldn’t stand it.
I avoid heavily crowded areas and I NEVER go out without my glasses on. I‘m never sick and I think it’s because I wear glasses all the time. Wearing glasses helps block stuff in the air getting in your eyes and you are less likely to touch your eyes with glasses on.

Early studies found that at least 12 cotton layers were needed to reach the effectiveness of a disposable procedure mask.

I will continue to wear my 1 - 3 layer mask. As a country we have a hard enough time getting people to wear one mask and now they are asking people to wear 2. How about just getting everyone to wear 1 the right way. I am not purchasing anymore mask so my current masks will have to make it through.

I really am never out in crowded areas - I leave to grocery shop at 8am on Saturday to purposely avoid crowds - I will continue to do this even once things return to normal (whatever that means.)

I honestly am not around anyone for long enough or close enough to feel like a second one is needed at this point. I always have a couple of spares in my car, so I guess should I ever feel the need to, I can.

I will not double mask. I have enough thick cotton ones with filter pockets and I am rarely around people. My kid wears the same thick cotton ones with filters to school. I'm not worried about it. It's hard enough to wear one when you wear glasses.

I wouldn’t mind using KN95 masks but I’m unclear on how to source ones that are legit without it turning into a big thing.

I ordered some from Amazon as a "just in case" for Disney in November. I read a ton of reviews and felt ok taking the gamble. Hopefully we won't need them!

I am doing what I call a "big shop" next week where I will go to a few different stores and get supplies to last 2-3 months. I will be wearing a N-95 mask. Normally I just wear my cloth - 3 layer mask. I am aware and trying not to run to the grocery store as much and will start to use their curb side service. At least until I'm vaccinated and that will be most likely not until summer.

Nope, not double or triple masking! I have a mask in the bottom of my purse and one in my car. When I go into a store that requires one I’ll pull one out and put it on. I go in and out of stores anytime I want, yesterday I stopped at Walmart on the way home from work just because I had a craving for a Cadbury egg. I’m probably in the grocery store 7 times a week. I work, I don’t have a bubble, I see multiple friends and family and hug them and eat indoor dinners with them and yet I’ve never gotten sick in almost a year of this going on.

I’m saying this so maybe some will realize that it’s not as scary as some here make it out to be. According to dis logic I do everything wrong yet here I am just fine.

Nope, not double or triple masking! I have a mask in the bottom of my purse and one in my car. When I go into a store that requires one I’ll pull one out and put it on. I go in and out of stores anytime I want, yesterday I stopped at Walmart on the way home from work just because I had a craving for a Cadbury egg. I’m probably in the grocery store 7 times a week. I work, I don’t have a bubble, I see multiple friends and family and hug them and eat indoor dinners with them and yet I’ve never gotten sick in almost a year of this going on.

I’m saying this so maybe some will realize that it’s not as scary as some here make it out to be. According to dis logic I do everything wrong yet here I am just fine.
Pretty much the same.

I go to the gym, supper clubs with seating at a bar and dining area, dry cleaners, any stores. We hosted Thanksgiving and Christmas. Gone on multiple vacations.
We are meeting with 4 other couples this upcoming weekend for a get together.

I do maintain distance when out in public though. That part I like!

Pretty much the same.

I go to the gym, supper clubs with seating at a bar and dining area, dry cleaners, any stores. We hosted Thanksgiving and Christmas. Gone on multiple vacations.
We are meeting with 4 other couples this upcoming weekend for a get together.

I do maintain distance when out in public though. That part I like!

Oh yeah, I forgot about the gym, I’m there 4 days a week too. Sounds like our life is pretty much like yours...Who would have ever guessed that these normal things would be considered “living dangerously” 😂

Working on getting some disposable ones so DH can wear two. I'm less concerned about me because I rarely go out (we are all at home and have everything delivered), so I only need to wear a mask once every 3 or 4 weeks.

The frightening part of the overpaid idiot making these claims is that some parents will actually try tying 2 or 3 masks on their young children faces, putting them in grave danger.
Are you referring to Dr. Fauci?
“So if you have a physical covering with one layer, you put another layer on, it just makes common sense that it likely would be more effective,” Fauci told TODAY.
Source

Oh yeah, I forgot about the gym, I’m there 4 days a week too. Sounds like our life is pretty much like yours...Who would have ever guessed that these normal things would be considered “living dangerously” 😂

Reminds me of a movie I really enjoyed, The Year of Living Dangerously

One has worked fine for me so far. At work we're all distanced and we've had no outbreaks. I don't go anywhere else often, but I keep my distance from others as much as possible. Maybe if I went somewhere that I'd be in closer contact with people I would.

You are not fine. You are LUCKY.

Do you also drive without a seatbelt?

I think the biggest thing is having a mask that fits properly. Having 2 that fit poorly is probably worth less than 1 that fits well. As you layer up, the restriction becomes greater and increases the chances of air going around the mask instead of through it.

I have not gone to double masking but I'm rarely in public anyways due to working from home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter