• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Whose excited about Biergarten Family Style??

Every other table wouldn't address the concern of strangers sitting at the same table though. They'd have to break up the communal seating for it to work.
The seating arrangements have never appealed to us and now even less. Although with physical distancing measures this might be the perfect time.

It has always been a favorite of ours and even with the changes we are still looking forward to going back. It is always a fun place!

What do you mean "kids food"? All of the food there is good for kids. My kids could not get enough of the schnitzel and spaetzle. Not to mention the sausages. My youngest ate about 6 of the fruit compotes each visit. We called her an old lady. LOL
I think its self-explanatory, but I meant the typical kids foods they serve at WDW, of course. Even if one person's kid has a refined palate, it doesn't mean every kid will or even every adult. Picky eaters aren't that out of the ordinary, and there are many that rely on the kiddie options like nuggets, pizza, hot dogs so the adults can enjoy the regular food.

I think its self-explanatory, but I meant the typical kids foods they serve at WDW, of course. Even if one person's kid has a refined palate, it doesn't mean every kid will or even every adult. Picky eaters aren't that out of the ordinary, and there are many that rely on the kiddie options like nuggets, pizza, hot dogs so the adults can enjoy the regular food.

My point is that these "kid's foods" were not a thing until a couple of decades ago. Before then, kid's meals were just smaller portions of what adults ate. We didn't get nuggets, pizza, and hot dogs when we went out to eat as kids. It has nothing to do with any kind of "refined palate" and everything to do with what the parents feed their kids from the beginning. I am not saying that kids should not like nuggets and hot dogs, heck most adults like them. The issue is that many parents have been brainwashed into thinking that their kids are ONLY capable of eating this stuff. Kids around the world are fed what their parents eat. You can feed your kids whatever you want, but understand that there is no genetic anomaly to kids that only allows them to be able to consume that very limited menu. You would be surprised at what kids will eat if only they were given the option.

My point is that these "kid's foods" were not a thing until a couple of decades ago. Before then, kid's meals were just smaller portions of what adults ate. We didn't get nuggets, pizza, and hot dogs when we went out to eat as kids. It has nothing to do with any kind of "refined palate" and everything to do with what the parents feed their kids from the beginning. I am not saying that kids should not like nuggets and hot dogs, heck most adults like them. The issue is that many parents have been brainwashed into thinking that their kids are ONLY capable of eating this stuff. Kids around the world are fed what their parents eat.
You're spiraling this way beyond Biergarten. I was simply stating that many kids and adults do not like German food, and having "basic" (is that better?) foods on the buffet line that are geared towards kids and/or picky eaters was peace of mind for people who are unsure about the fare. Its a lot of money to pay for someone who may not be keen on schnitzel and sausage. You lose the options when its served family style, and this may drive people away. The thread is discussing who is excited for the Biergarten changes and who isn't, and the lack of choices by losing the buffet is one reason some may not be excited.

You can feed your kids whatever you want, but understand that there is no genetic anomaly to kids that only allows them to be able to consume that very limited menu. You would be surprised at what kids will eat if only they were given the option.
I don't have kids. I also never said kids can only eat a limited menu. Of course they can eat whatever they want. But, its no secret that Disney has literal kids menus that have basic typical kids foods. If families come to expect that, they may leave Biergarten disappointed. I don't know why that's triggering, especially if your kids will eat anything and it doesn't impact you.

I honestly don't mind the shared tables at all. In this period of time, I do though if that makes sense.
Edit
I have had great conversations with random people as well as really strange ones or some you can tell they didn't want to talk to me/friends/family.
Our last trip to Biergarten (Jan 2019) we were seated with a lovely family from California - 2 adults and a toddler. We were four adults and a 12YO. The couple were huge Disney fans and shared a lot of Disneyland history and park information we didn't know since we haven't been to Disneyland (yet !)

Other times we'd gone previously, there was no conversation at all except maybe a hello. Either way, we didn't mind it much either since they were at the adjacent table (sitting across would maybe have been awkward I guess?)

DD is so excited this is one of the restaurants opening, so definitely going to be looking to book an ADR :)

I love Biergarten even as a solo. Only once out if 6 times have I had a bad experience with fellow diners.

I wonder how this will work now as a solo?

Anyone book this today?? I did, I notice they finally updated the description as well, it says a rotating selection will be coming by so I figure they will be bringing big platters of food plus coming around with other selections. I notice that they have lunch and dinner prices at $46 has anyone verified prices?

Anyone book this today?? I did, I notice they finally updated the description as well, it says a rotating selection will be coming by so I figure they will be bringing big platters of food plus coming around with other selections. I notice that they have lunch and dinner prices at $46 has anyone verified prices?
I booked it! (This was DD13's must-do and the one thing she's asked for). I saw the $46 price too, but didn't verify it.

I booked! I noticed the dinner menu was slightly larger than lunch, so wonder if price will be same for both meals but I have no info. Also, curious to see if the band keeps to their old schedule for my own scheduling purposes. I hope we get reviews and more info pretty fast after opening.

I booked! I noticed the dinner menu was slightly larger than lunch, so wonder if price will be same for both meals but I have no info. Also, curious to see if the band keeps to their old schedule for my own scheduling purposes. I hope we get reviews and more info pretty fast after opening.
I noticed lunch had the roasted chicken and saurbrauten on dinner which If I remember it was always that way..

Yep! The sauerbraten has been on and off and on again on the buffet over the past few years, but was only at dinner. My DH loves it so hoping it stays.

I noticed lunch had the roasted chicken and saurbrauten on dinner which If I remember it was always that way..

I need to see the menu too. Picky eater and not really into German food.......so it may be a no-go for me.
I like to pick and choose my own things to eat

I don't care for the shared tables. Last time we were seated with a family of five who insisted on sitting all on the same side of the table. That forced our group of 6 to sit on one side of the table. We had a terrible time and were not able to interact with each other. Never. Again.

I don't care for the shared tables. Last time we were seated with a family of five who insisted on sitting all on the same side of the table. That forced our group of 6 to sit on one side of the table. We had a terrible time and were not able to interact with each other. Never. Again.
That is bizarre. I don't blame you after being sat like that. Our party of five sat on both sides of the table while a couple was seated at the end (across from each other, as well). Perfectly enjoyable experience for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter