whose responsibility to but a crib???

Status
Not open for further replies.
well I am pregnant now with my second baby and in 2 months will be my due date. So we have to buy another crib for our house to newborn.

too many cribs to buy no?

What did you expect when you became pregnant?

And if we visit them often why they don't want to make baby friendly house?

Because it's their house, and they can furnish it any way they like.

You are a guest in their home. Be grateful for any accommodations they provide.

Your child, your responsibility. I'm sorry but I think it's crazy that you think they should buy a crib because your child doesn't like to sleep in a pack and play.

It is the PARENT'S job to make sure that they have all the supplies needed for a baby to travel. It is NICE if the grandparents purchase some things, but should not be expected.

well I am pregnant now with my second baby and in 2 months will be my due date. So we have to buy another crib for our house to newborn.

Yes, expecting someone you visit to provide a crib for every baby is too much. It might be easier for the grandparents to visit you until the sleeping preference of the babies changes.

As far as the baby proofing - your baby is still small, the grandparents may have felt they can wait until walking starts before doing that.

She offered a pack and play. You don't think it will work. It's your responsibility to be prepared for your family travels, not hers. So, this is on you.

it's your responsibility to take them with you when you travel. If you are staying in a hotel, it's your responsibility to find out what the hotel will provide, and if you're lucky a hotel might provide a crib.

Babies are difficult to travel with. Is this the first trip you have been on?

1) it is our second travel. 1st one was when baby could use pack n play and we took it with us.

2) We provide everything for baby in our home and anywhere else.
But you guys comparing grandparents with HOTELS? and completely strangers?

May be then grandkids should have relationships with them also as with strangers and with someone they can meet in hotel lobby?

If there is NO any genetic thing involved they yes of course We don't wait from someone else do something for our baby.

But we thought it is not just a baby from the street but grandchild for them.
we didn't ask anything else. Just the crib so baby can stay in their house when we travel to them.

1) it is our second travel. 1st one was when baby could use pack n play and we took it with us.

May be then grandkids should have relationships with them also as with strangers and with someone they can meet in hotel lobby?

If there is NO any genetic thing involved they yes of course We don't wait from someone else do something for our baby.

we didn't ask anything else. Just the crib so baby can stay in their house when we travel to them.
I thought you asked them to baby-proof?

Anyway, I personally don't have a problem with you ASKING them to get a crib. However, the answer was "no", and you knew the answer before the trip. You can't DEMAND or EXPECT them to supply a crib.

FIRST post on a WDW trip planning forum and on the Community Board at that?! Come on people, you have been had! ;)

Oh give me a break. She already explained she has no place to keep a crib. You're acting as though it's the norm for grandparents to have cribs in their home for visiting grandchildren, it is not.

I have 3 kids, I have never had anyone but me provide them with a crib. When I visited relatives I brought a pack and play.

So you really didn't have a question because you think you are the one that is right.:rotfl2: Classic.

How did you happen to find the DIS to post this question?

The parent is responsible for providing what their child will need. It's not the grandparents responsibility. (Unless of course it is a situation where the grandparent is acting as parent to the child meaning they are actually raising the child, in that case the grandparent will have to provide for the grandchild.) but other than that, it is your baby and you must take responsibility for what the baby needs. Is it NICE if grandma and grandpa go out and get stuff for the baby? Sure. But they are under no obligation to.

You have to be a troll. But i'll play along. Your kids - your responsibility. If YOU have a difficult child then YOU need to figure out how to handle YOUR child. Expecting a grandparent to baby proof a house and basically provide a nursery is absurd. When your new baby comes will you expect her to buy yet another crib for that one too?

We have 7 grandchildren, 2 are step-grandchildren and we didn't know them when they were babies so they didn't sleep here then. But for the other 5 grandchildren there was never a crib in our home for them to sleep in. It never occurred to us that we "should" buy one, and our children never mentioned it so really don't know what they thought about it.

For the last 2 we did have a "pack 'n play" and they slept in that, otherwise when they were very small and slept at our house (when parents were gone) I slept on the couch in the family room and the baby slept on a make-shift "bed" on a blanket on the floor. Had no complaints. :)

Even if we were in your situation, with our kids/grands coming to visit and spending several nights I don't think we would have bought a crib. What would we do with it when it wasn't being used? It would just be taking up space.

I think a "pack 'n play" type of thing is fine, and I think any baby would eventually get used to it. I've always thought babies could sleep pretty much anywhere: someone's arms, a stroller, a cradle, a crib, a pack ' play, a blanket on the floor, etc.

I think if YOU insist on your child sleeping in a crib then it's up to YOU to buy one.

She offered a pack and play. You don't think it will work. It's your responsibility to be prepared for your family travels, not hers. So, this is on you.

She has very bad relationship with her another DIL and DIL didn't let her see how her baby was drowint at all.

with me. When my husband and I bought together for me to have as push gift beautiful car- she was crying 3 days and coun't talk with her son, without telling any reason why she is crying and why she avoid any convarsations with him.

So caming back for visit… I very comfortable in my house. And I don't have a huge desire to drive there 4 hours spend gasoline , turture baby in 1 position just to visit her.
I am duing it to keep family closer. For me would be very easy if she would drive here, and for her easier to pack then for all of us. Including me beeing on my 3 trimester.

So why should I be happy to go there with big belly- pregnant and sit long time in the car + baby the same sitting with limited place to move and I have to provide now for newborn a lot of things including baby crib. So I have to go through all of it and on top of it buy for MIL baby crib.
Where is her affort to be nice for baby they she is related and want to see? just 2-3 words? And for her much more important where she will keep crib then us visiting her often? and do something nice for her grandchild?

may be "responsibility" it is too strong word.
But it would be nice to see something from grand parent toward little baby beside 2 sweet words how they love her, and nothing else to it.

She has very bad relationship with her another DIL and DIL didn't let her see how her baby was drowint at all.

with me. When my husband and I bought together for me to have as push gift beautiful car- she was crying 3 days and coun't talk with her son, without telling any reason why she is crying and why she avoid any convarsations with him.

So caming back for visit… I very comfortable in my house. And I don't have a huge desire to drive there 4 hours spend gasoline , turture baby in 1 position just to visit her.
I am duing it to keep family closer. For me would be very easy if she would drive here, and for her easier to pack then for all of us. Including me beeing on my 3 trimester.

So why should I be happy to go there with big belly- pregnant and sit long time in the car + baby the same sitting with limited place to move and I have to provide now for newborn a lot of things including baby crib. So I have to go through all of it and on top of it buy for MIL baby crib.
Where is her affort to be nice for baby they she is related and want to see? just 2-3 words? And for her much more important where she will keep crib then us visiting her often? and do something nice for her grandchild?

may be "responsibility" it is too strong word.
But it would be nice to see something from grand parent toward little baby beside 2 sweet words how they love her, and nothing else to it.

A new car as a "push present"? Make/model/color? I'm just curious.

I love you spoken with unconditional love is a beautiful thing. It doesn't need to be verified with material gifts. Did you consider the possibility the grandparents were speaking from their hearts?

I thought you asked them to baby-proof?

Anyway, I personally don't have a problem with you ASKING them to get a crib. However, the answer was "no", and you knew the answer before the trip. You can't DEMAND or EXPECT them to supply a crib.

I didn't demand. My husband said WE WILL PACK and leave right now!
Because he was very upset seeing that his mom prefer her house without baby crib them to see us more often in her house.

He called all his friends before have that conversation with her. All of them said they their parent bought cribs for times when grandkids visit them.

He was offended they his parents didn't put any effort to it.
He felt they they do not love baby as other his friends parents do.

Besides that they never want to come and help with baby as others of his friends parents do.

So Before He wanted to leave her house and stay with her in bad relationships, i offered to him just to ask her about baby crib and we will stay.

He did it. She gave very very bad reaction on it.

So you really didn't have a question because you think you are the one that is right.:rotfl2: Classic.

How did you happen to find the DIS to post this question?

I found in google. Someone here asked Whose responsibility to buy a car seat for grandparent car.
So I thought I can ask this question here also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter