Why are sail dates pulled?

canyoncam

original Bambi &Thumper
My sister was wanting to move her April 30th Western Caribbean on Fantasy to the April 9th Eastern on Fantasy. We looked at the rooms last week and knew it was getting full but the price difference on deposits was over $400 for the two rooms so wanted to wait for the new billing cycle on the cc. Today went to move them and that sailing plus at least half of the rest on both Fantasy and Dream are gone. Didn't go on to check Wonder and Magic. I checked cruises.com and I checked on cruisefish too and looks like they are pulled on both of those sites. All seemed tot be pretty booked up also according to cruisefish with about 30% available categories. What am I missing?

Charters, possibly. They've canceled entire cruises because of charters.

That said, the site has been having issues. Our 2016 cruise disappeared from the site for a couple of days and now it's back with tons of rooms available.

I'm going to go with another price increase seeing as it is so many of the sailings. :-(
Can't win for losing, trying to spread cost out another month and get hit with higher price instead:-(

I was just looking around and right no there's nothing showing for the Fantasy or Magic on Dec 2016 or Jan 2017. That can't be right.

I'm going with website glitch. I've checked multiple dates and ships, and there are lots of dates that are now missing. And some of these I know there is no way the cruises are booked up.

I just checked and the April 9 2016 Eastern on Fantasy shows up and most, if not all categories are still available so it must have been a glitch.

I've had this happen to me when I was looking for a certain number of people in 1 stateroom. When I was looking for 2, 3 or 4 people the cruise was displayed. As soon as I looked for 5 in one room the cruise no longer displayed as all the staterooms that can hold that number of people are already booked. Could this be the case with you? I was looking for the Fantasy in late March, 2016 when this happened.

Computer glitch. This has happened to me several times over the past few days. Never day they are gone, then back, then gone again.

I am only looking for two in each room. I just thought it was weird they were gone from three websites. Not even an option to look at no matter how many in room. Disney's site being glitch is the norm. I thought nothing of it when I couldn't find it there but when I checked the other sites it scared me. A few cruises are still missing on the other sites as of now. But April 9th is there. Just too strange!!!!! Now I will try to finalize this move.

Did you check to see if that cruise wasn't turned into the Star Wars Theme cruise. I did see some were.

Did you check to see if that cruise wasn't turned into the Star Wars Theme cruise. I did see some were.

There are no Eastern Star Wars cruises. Star Wars cruises are a way to get people to buy into the Western, which is less popular than the Eastern.

Cruisefish.com doesn't tell you the percentage of total staterooms available. It could show 30% of categories but that means at least one room in each of those categories is available.

Checked this morning and some cruises that were missing over the weekend we're back today.

I have been looking all weekend and again this morning for the 11/5/16 Eastern cruise on the Fantasy. I am already booked and was trying to book for my mom. So frustrating.

I noticed this as well for our March 2017 cruise, it was missing all weekend, however it is back now, same prices and nothing different (at least obivious)

George

I also noticed that some cruises suddenly have only very reduced categories available. Seems to be quite a nasty glitch on the DCL website if they make inventory disappear.

Definitely a computer glitch! My son and his fiance are getting married on the 1/16/17 Dream cruise and it disappeared the other day. Course it had to happen on a day where my sister-in-law was looking to book. She called and was able to book her room with no issues. a day or two later and it was back on the website. The bride to be was a little panicked as many in her family still have to book and then it disappeared. I told her this has been happening and it would be back on line. I don't expect a mid-January 2017 4-day cruise to book out this early. Not to say that prices aren't increasing but sold-out, not yet.

We want to book a cruise in late February 2017. It was available before we left for our cruise last week, but I wanted to wait to do onboard booking to save. Well, satellites at sea were down and all I could do was a placeholder booking at sea since the agent couldn't pull up specific listings. Got home and the sailing was missing all weekend. It popped back up this morning with lots of available rooms in every category, but then the page refreshed and the whole cruise disappeared again. Very frustrating

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter