• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why are the last few pounds so hard to lose?

TigerBear

Found him!
I have lost 31 pounds since August. I have 8 more to go and I REALLY want them to come off. My goal is to go to my divorce hearing on March 31st at the same weight I was at when I got married. My ex-husband is even being supportive of this goal!

Does anyone have any suggestions for getting the last few pounds off? I probably need to start varying my workouts more. I have already tried to increase the intensity of my workouts, but it doesn't really seem to be making a difference.

Thanks for any suggestions you can give me. :D

I really don't have any advice for you, sorry. I hope you make your goal. Have you asked your doctor or trainer? They might have some good ideas.

Good luck with this, I know you can do it!

Katholyn

I know what you mean! Though I have a long way to go, I have about 5 pounds until my next "goal" and I am months later than I wanted to be! It gets frustrating, but I'm DETERMINED to do it before we go to WDW in three weeks!

Good Luck! You can do it!
Holly

I am feeling your pain. I have 4-6lbs to go, depends when I weight, but I can't get there. I am realizing some things that are hindering me and trying to work through them. I will go to a dietician to discuss even healthier eating since right now I am a little confused with all my restrictions and tend to give up after 2 weeks of trying. I am also going to ask at the gym about increasing my results. I think switching things up may help you. Good luck!!!!!

Hi, I lost 80 lbs about 5 years ago. The last 10 lbs actually came off easy once I did like you mentioned, changed my exercise routine. I added a lot more cardio and weight training. The weight melted off.

Another thing to consider is your emotional bond with the few extra pounds. I know it sounds silly, but sometimes we cling to what we know. I did that by hanging on to 80 lbs for a year. I did it with smoking too. I know smoking and being over weight was bad for me, but it was also my comfort.

You will lose the weight! S

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter