why are there never any "room only" discounts?

by the way, one of the perks we like best about uni. is that you are allowed to use any pool, regardless of which of the 3 hotels you are staying in. just a short walk or boat ride. I love the RP pool! but I also like slides. and HRH has the BEST slide!!
we stayed at hard rock once, and the music poolside got a bit loud for us. but the short walk to both parks was great!

I had no idea that was allowed!!! I really wanted to stay at the HRH because I'd heard about the music underwater at the pool, but we are only staying one night before moving to the Boardwalk Villas for the remainder of the honeymoon and we weren't allowed to book the HRH for a single night, so I booked the RPR instead, slightly disappointed. Knowing that if I really need to swim with musical accompaniment I can, has removed all disappointment!:yay:

:worship: THANK YOU SMIDGY!!!:flower3:

I had no idea that was allowed!!! I really wanted to stay at the HRH because I'd heard about the music underwater at the pool, but we are only staying one night before moving to the Boardwalk Villas for the remainder of the honeymoon and we weren't allowed to book the HRH for a single night, so I booked the RPR instead, slightly disappointed. Knowing that if I really need to swim with musical accompaniment I can, has removed all disappointment!:yay:

:worship: THANK YOU SMIDGY!!!:flower3:

Trust me you wont be dissapointed with RPR at all..
Too bad you only got one night tho.Your still going to enjoy it!!:thumbsup2

the underwater music is pretty quiet, no big deal. (just so you don't expect too much. but the slide there is great!
make sure you have your room key with you, showing that you are staying at a uni. resort. you can get towels and everything. we usually make a trip to each of the other 2 pools. (portofino has 3 pools, 2 quiet pools, but it's a looong walk, take the boat)

if you can, really try to stretch it to 2 nights. anyhow, we love pat o'briens for the dueling pianos and the sing a long. and tues is "2 for tues" 2 apetizers for the price of one and half price hurricanes. (note, eat early, after a certain time (8?) you cannot eat in the piano room, only in the other room or in the patio/courtyard, which is really pretty, by the way.)

if you stay at one of the 3 universal hotels, each lobby has a general concierge desk.

go to that desk and ask them if you can have some free coupons for city walk.

they will give you some that are 2 fers....
valid any night so you don't have to wait for tuesday for some of the places for the deals.

they only gave me 3 coupons and i went back and asked for more in october.

i should have requested more so i could have given them to the homies that took the RIP HHN tour with me.

drinks would have been very good after that tour......:laughing:

you're welcome.

now i have to think of other things i know, to share with you all.

:goodvibes

you are welcome patster.

i have been getting mine at the hrh each year.

i'm switching to rph for 09.

So, we were playing around with our dates for Spring.

I think we are going back to PBH this time, and this is what I found:

April 30 - May 3 (3 nights): $258.40/night

April 30 - May 4 (4 nights): $210.65/night

April 30 - May 5 (5 nights): $180.68/night

April 30 - May 6 (6 nights): $201.53/night

April 30 - May 7 (7 nights): $195.13/night

For the past 2 years, I have paid $215 at HRH and something like $242/night at the same time. This year's rates seem like a bargain. I wish we could stay 5 nights this time, but our vacation time is already spoken for next year.

jodie, is that your birthday trip?
great rates if you stay longer than 3 nights.

i had made up my mind to switch to RPH instead of PBH.
now that you are switching, i have to switch back..........

are you going to be able to swing oct for hhn this year?

I'm sure our next trip will be back to RPH too. That's our favorite.

We're staying at RPH in February too. Although I also stayed there this past February (after a few days at PBH). I like all the hotels and switch them around. I don't think we will use HRH for a while though since we won't get any Loews benefits there.

jodie, is that your birthday trip?
great rates if you stay longer than 3 nights.

i had made up my mind to switch to RPH instead of PBH.
now that you are switching, i have to switch back..........

are you going to be able to swing oct for hhn this year?

Yes, that is my annual BD trip; we are staying after our quick 4-night Disney cruise. RPR. PBH. Who gives a flying fig? The only reason we're staying at PBH is because Mike loves having his and her bathrooms when we travel, just like we have at home. But he's not metro or anything.

Sorry, mac. I really don't think we're going to be able to swing HHN next year with our 14-night cruise in October. Mike and his pesky birthday trip.

Trust me you wont be dissapointed with RPR at all..
Too bad you only got one night tho.Your still going to enjoy it!!:thumbsup2

if you can, really try to stretch it to 2 nights

Okay, okay ... enough of the arm twisting ... I just changed my trip from 1 night at RPR and 6 nights at the Boardwalk Villas to 5 nights at RPR and 5 nights at the Boardwalk. Blame it on your powers of persuasion, and on Allegiant's really low airfares and limited travel days. Their fares were so much cheaper than all the other airlines that we are saving enough on airfare to take advantage of SuperSaver rates!:thumbsup2

Is my hair getting redder?:laughing:

Okay, okay ... enough of the arm twisting ... I just changed my trip from 1 night at RPR and 6 nights at the Boardwalk Villas to 5 nights at RPR and 5 nights at the Boardwalk. Blame it on your powers of persuasion, and on Allegiant's really low airfares and limited travel days. Their fares were so much cheaper than all the other airlines that we are saving enough on airfare to take advantage of SuperSaver rates!:thumbsup2

Is my hair getting redder?:laughing:
That's great news...I'm sure you'll have a blast!

Just stick around and keep posting on the Universal boards and the TF might just have to paint your head red.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter