Why are there no Star Wars: A galactic Spectacular fireworks listed times for June?

RaySharpton

Retired and going to Disney.
Why are there no Star Wars: A galactic Spectacular fireworks listed times for June?

And I can't seem to find the search button for this board to research.

I'm flying down to WDW in the morning and I wanted to see the Star Wars: A galactic Spectacular fireworks.

Ray

And I can't seem to find the search button for this board to research.

I'm flying down to WDW in the morning and I wanted to see the Star Wars: A galactic Spectacular fireworks.

Ray
They are listed on Disney’s site and are at 9:30
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/hollywood-studios/star-wars-galactic-spectacular/

Why they aren’t listed on wdwinfo, I do not know. :confused3

Thank you, hiroMYhero. I was looking at the DISboards fireworks schedule and it shows none for the month of June.
I usually look at MyDisneyExperience for this info, but I thought that I read something on these boards about the fireworks not being shown from some off property land because of fires or something like that.

The Galactic Nights has a minimal amount of fireworks and more projections. You’ll need to watch from a central location for the best view. :)

You may have read @rteetz ‘s recent explanation for the minimal amount of fireworks:
“This is the new version of the show. Very little if any large shell fireworks. The fireworks launch site across the road has some issues with ash hitting cars and starting fires near the launch site. To minimize that they minimize the fireworks.”

Thank you, hiroMYhero. That is what I had read. That's okay. I'll be on vacation. I have a lot to catch up on since I haven't been in several years.

The Galactic Nights has a minimal amount of fireworks and more projections. You’ll need to watch from a central location for the best view. :)

You may have read @rteetz ‘s recent explanation for the minimal amount of fireworks:
“This is the new version of the show. Very little if any large shell fireworks. The fireworks launch site across the road has some issues with ash hitting cars and starting fires near the launch site. To minimize that they minimize the fireworks.”

Is this why they got rid of the two parts with the huge flames (when it got noticeably hot in the audience)? We noticed their absence in May.

Is this why they got rid of the two parts with the huge flames (when it got noticeably hot in the audience)? We noticed their absence in May.
I’m not sure. We last watched the show in September from Commissary Lane - we had a private meet with Sorcerer Mickey and that was the easiest viewing location to reach afterwards...and not the best location at all.

DHS made changes for the new Galactic show due to the fireworks fallout area extending to roadways.

Without the big fireworks they had in earlier versions of the show, it isn't nearly as impressive as it once was, now really just a bunch if clips and some fire effects, not worth the time. IMHO.

OWD

Good to know! I saw the Star Wars fireworks in early 2016 and liked it so much better than the current show. It was more focused on fireworks and the music. Was a little disappointed with the new show by comparison. It has cooler technology but was missing the emotional impact. At least now the changes make more sense.

I watched it the last week of May and they were there.

We were in Orlando May 5 - May 18 and saw the Star Wars show on 3 different occasions. The two huge hot blasts were not in any of the shows. Maybe it was a temporary thing, but I am glad to hear that they were back at the end of May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter