• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why did you name your kids what you did?

DS13 is named Liam Conner. I wanted something that couldn't be shortened to a nickname, wasn't after anyone else and wasn't too uncommon or too common. I never would have guessed Liam would become one of the most popular names for boys a few years after that.

We had a ton of issues with DS's names. My family is Ashkenazi Jewish, so it is considered to be bad luck to name a child after someone who is alive, but good luck to name a child after someone who has passed away. DH's family has a tradition that every child has 2 middle names. Oh, and I wanted a first name that had a Hebrew origin.

So, we ended up picking Daniel as his first name and he has my grandfather's name as his first middle name and DH's grandfather's name as his second one.

I really don't know what we would have done if we had ever had a second child! :scared:

DD22 is Sarah Michelle. We named her Sarah because it's an old New England name, and we didn't know anyone named Sarah. We were considering Nicole for a middle name, but we have a niece and a cousin who both are named Nicole. I've always liked Michelle, so there we had it. We thought we were naming her something unique, and then within 2 years Sarah Michelle Gellar became a celebrity. Oh well... WE know we didn't name DD after a movie personality! (It could have been worse... DH liked Sarah Jessica until I showed him Ms. Parker...)

Sarah Michelle is my favorite sister's name - and it's spelled the exact same way. She is 38 :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter