• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why Disney asks if you have been more than 5 times?

1) OK.
2) Calls are routed to reservation people, based upon guest knowledge
. . . newbies, who will ask lots of questions
. . . frequent visitors, who know most of their answers
. . . world guests, who need no info and just need to book
3) The reasons are due to efficiency and payroll
. . . newbie CM's have a small hourly sales quota
. . . frequent visitor CM's have a higher hourly sales quota (eg. $1500/hr)
. . . world guest CM's have an even higher hourly sales quota
4) Benefits of making monthly average sales dollars per hour
. . . bonuses up to double their hourly pay
. . . other incentives
. . . they get to keep their job
5) Penalties of not making quotas
. . . if they miss 3-monthly quotas in a year, they can be fired
6) Thus,
. . . if you have lots of questions, they try to hurry the call
. . . if you are a call-back, they get you done, as credit goes to 1st CM called
. . . if you stay on the line, you reduce their pay
. . . if you stay on the line, you could help cause them their job

NOTE: When the quota system was introduced, there was a lot of complaints. CM's were forced to reduce or stop the chit-chat with guests, because if they missed quota it can cost income and jobs. The turnover in reservations is extremely high due to the extreme pressure of making quota. (This also aids complaints of callers about the lack of knowledge of ressie CM's.) Supervisors frequently listen in on calls to make certain the CM's are not chatting too much, instead of selling.

wow, that's really interesting.
that really stinks that they could lose their job though. I've had crappy sales jobs like that before. I hated it, because I'm not a pushy person at all....especially for the field I was in (bridal shop).

Ah ha so that must explain why one CM got impatient with me when I wouldn't agree to the dining plan on my last call. She tried and tried but I told her it wasn't worth it for us. Then when I asked her if there would be any pirate: &princess: parties for 2009 she said yes. I had commented that I really wanted to book that cause I wanted to meet Captain Jack Sparrow.

Her response: "well you know it really isn't Johnny Depp" :crazy: :laughing:

1) OK.
2) Calls are routed to reservation people, based upon guest knowledge
. . . newbies, who will ask lots of questions
. . . frequent visitors, who know most of their answers
. . . world guests, who need no info and just need to book
3) The reasons are due to efficiency and payroll
. . . newbie CM's have a small hourly sales quota
. . . frequent visitor CM's have a higher hourly sales quota (eg. $1500/hr)
. . . world guest CM's have an even higher hourly sales quota
4) Benefits of making monthly average sales dollars per hour
. . . bonuses up to double their hourly pay
. . . other incentives
. . . they get to keep their job
5) Penalties of not making quotas
. . . if they miss 3-monthly quotas in a year, they can be fired
6) Thus,
. . . if you have lots of questions, they try to hurry the call
. . . if you are a call-back, they get you done, as credit goes to 1st CM called
. . . if you stay on the line, you reduce their pay
. . . if you stay on the line, you could help cause them their job

NOTE: When the quota system was introduced, there was a lot of complaints. CM's were forced to reduce or stop the chit-chat with guests, because if they missed quota it can cost income and jobs. The turnover in reservations is extremely high due to the extreme pressure of making quota. (This also aids complaints of callers about the lack of knowledge of ressie CM's.) Supervisors frequently listen in on calls to make certain the CM's are not chatting too much, instead of selling.
The thing is, I find they always chat too much, my time is important and I hate talking on the phone, so when I call I want the call to be short and sweet. I'm not an impulse buyer, if you mention something interesting, I will research it, I won't buy it then. I feel sorry for the CM's I deal with, I'm not helping their quota out.

So with the $1500 quota, they need to book at least one MYW package an hour.

The thing is, I find they always chat too much, my time is important and I hate talking on the phone, so when I call I want the call to be short and sweet. I'm not an impulse buyer, if you mention something interesting, I will research it, I won't buy it then. I feel sorry for the CM's I deal with, I'm not helping their quota out.

So with the $1500 quota, they need to book at least one MYW package an hour.

I get quite the opposite. I usually get a CM that will not say any more than what they need to enter into their system. In most cases, if I try to make small talk, they just ignore me.

I get quite the opposite. I usually get a CM that will not say any more than what they need to enter into their system. In most cases, if I try to make small talk, they just ignore me.
Wow! sounds like my kind of phone call!

. . . I'm not an impulse buyer, if you mention something interesting, I will research it, I won't buy it then. I feel sorry for the CM's I deal with, I'm not helping their quota out . . . So with the $1500 quota, they need to book at least one MYW package an hour.

1) The quota may SEEM easy. *
2) But, day-in-and-day-out, it can be tough
. . . lots of people want info for later
. . . lots of people hang on the phone longer than needed
. . . lots of people call to adjust previous ressies **

* Doing the math, if a $1500 ressie was booked every hour, that would be
. . . 40 room-weeks per CM per week
. . . 2000 room-weeks per CM per year
. . . 15 CM's could completely sell-out all WDW room-weeks per year
. . . so, why do they need al the DRC centers and all those CM's?

** If a CM takes a call from a person who already made a ressie, any additional sales goes to the CM who first booked the ressie. So, the second ressie CM coould sell airfare, more room days, dining, shows, tours, and not get a single penny credit.

I worked in phone sales for a major phone company years ago. I hated the quota system. It is sure not customer friendly and I really feel that Disney should be. I know they even have quotas for the people at the cashregister in counter service places. When you get a family who does not know what they want it can really mess with your numbers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter