• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why do families bring newborns and infants to Disney Parks so much?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
When my parents and I used to go to Disneyland my mom and I were shocked to see so many families with newborns and infants there and I always why families bring infants and newborns to Disney Parks so often? Is it because families want to bring infants and newborns to Disney Parks as the first starter trip? What I see is that the infants will get bored really easily and there's limited rides for infants and newborns. And when Mom and Dad eat at character breakfasts with the older kids the infant will get tired and start crying and the only thing the characters can do with the infants and newborns is wave to them and if you go to the parks at night to see a parade or watch a fireworks show with a infant the sounds can be loud for an infant and causing them to cry and if you want to watch a parade or fireworks show watch it with the older kids while the infant is being watched by a babysitter or have the infant nap while doing this. When families decide to go to Disney Parks wait until the kids are around six which is the age when I went to Disneyland that way they can have fun and memories of their first trip

When my parents and I used to go to Disneyland my mom and I were shocked to see so many families with newborns and infants there and I always why families bring infants and newborns to Disney Parks so often? Is it because families want to bring infants and newborns to Disney Parks as the first starter trip? What I see is that the infants will get bored really easily and there's limited rides for infants and newborns. And when Mom and Dad eat at character breakfasts with the older kids the infant will get tired and start crying and the only thing the characters can do with the infants and newborns is wave to them and if you go to the parks at night to see a parade or watch a fireworks show with a infant the sounds can be loud for an infant and causing them to cry and if you want to watch a parade or fireworks show watch it with the older kids while the infant is being watched by a babysitter or have the infant nap while doing this. When families decide to go to Disney Parks wait until the kids are around six which is the age when I went to Disneyland that way they can have fun and memories of their first trip

Some families take their newborns/infants everywhere. Some families like to wait till their kids are a bit older. It’s just personal preference.

You seem to think your way is the right way. It may have been right for your family. But every family is different and everyone has different reasons for travelling with infants.

A baby doesn't get much out of the park but they are a baby, they have to go where you do.

If you have older children then the young ones always get up getting dragged everywhere when they are tiny. Not many people have someone who can babysit their younger children for an entire trip.

I tend to think it is good for babies and toddlers to be out in the world anyway.

My son went at 9 months old because we wanted to go and take out daughter who was almost 4! We had a blast no issues with crying during parades or fireworks or during any dinners! There were plenty of rides he could do with us at the parks! He has now been at 1 year old and will be going this year at 2 years old as well!
I would also say in my opinion I feel like 6 is good for rides but at almost 4 was perfect for my daughter and characters. She believed she met the real princesses!

Easy question. We've traveled with our four girls since birth. I like to expose our children to different experiences and my husband and I have decided to show them as much of the world as we can before they have a life of their own. When you have more than one child you either leave one behind or take them with you. My girls also love the fireworks and parades and we never had issues with crying. I would much rather hear a infant crying than a loud, obnoxious parent who is screaming at their child or one another.

My DGD slept through the fireworks at Epcot.

On that trip, DH and I were going. DD and DSIL decided to go and we'd be the babysitter when needed. We didn't watch her more than a few hours a day. It was mostly so they could go on the big rides.

Our next DGD at about a year old, had a great time with Chip and Dale. We happened to be in the right place at the right time. They went coming out of hiding to the meet and greet place and stopped for a good 3-5 mins with just our DGD. She was thrilled with them.

My twins started travelling at 3M old. By eight months, they had been to more than ten countries. I have always told them, “You go where we go.” Just because I had three children, I wasn’t going to stop travelling. Travel with little ones is actually quite convenient. They are small, portable, no school schedule to consider.

I guess I would ask, why would you NOT travel with an infant, if the opportunity presented itself? The old argument is they'll never remember anything about it. Well, the baby might not remember much, but we sure love the memories we have sharing Disney World with them - no matter the age. If you're not willing to travel with a baby, you're going to miss out on a lot of things yourself. But as mentioned, personal choices.

Same as other we traveled with our kids from 3 months old. We have done this with all 4 of our kids and our last 2 were twins. I agree that we like to expose our kids to everything early in their life. They are much older now and love to look back at Disney pictures when there were younger. It definitely is a preference with no right answer. I hope that helps.

I brought my four month old to Disney when we went with my older daughter, who had just turned 5. We wanted to have the older one visit Disney at prime princess age, so it was either that year or the next. We knew that the younger one wouldn't remember either way, but decided that it would be a much more enjoyable trip with her sleeping in a stroller or a baby carrier, rather than having us chase around a toddler. We enjoyed that trip immensely. Tiny Evie spent most of her trip sleeping in a baby carrier on my chest or back, and I actually figured out how to discreetly nurse from the baby carrier while we waited in line. And, we got some great pictures of Evie with Tink and the fairies. She was wearing a pink outfit and they kept calling her a little watermelon. It was so cute, and Evie loves looking at those pictures, now that she's a punk-rock tween.

Last edited:
My kids are 5 years apart. If we waited til my youngest was old enough to enjoy young child things, my older kid would be over it.

Babies are easy to travel with. They don’t need much. And who cares if they aren’t getting anything out of it, they don’t cost anything for admission.

The trips when the youngest was a baby were for my older child, not her.

I started taking my boys to Disneyland at 8 weeks. We are locals and the reason we brought my first son that young was because WE wanted to go! We would visit the parks at least once a month back then. It was just part of our lifestyle as local AP holders. We did it before kids and wanted to continue doing it. I was literally walking around DCA the day before my water broke with my first pregnancy. So, once those first immunizations were given, we were off!

Despite your opinion, my kids had a LOT of fun prior to age 6 and we have cherished memories as parents with them over those early years. My boys literally grew up with Disneyland in their backyard, so to speak and it's still "our" place as a family. We still visit either weekly or every 2 weeks. They are now 17 and 15 and remember SO much from their toddler years.

As babies, they were engaged with the rides and characters from their first visit. Babies take in everything and can absolutely get joy out of the park experience even before they turn 1.

We were there recently with my son's 5 month old daughter. She loves Mickey Mouse, watches him all day long on TV so she recognized him any time she saw him and smiled and laughed. I took my son with me everywhere I went since he was born (single mom). He started going to WDW just shy of 3 and always had a blast. With my grand daughter we did alter how we did things, left to go to the parks later in the morning due to her sleep schedule, left after 3 or so hours to go back to the room to get out of the heat and eat, nap, etc. (although frankly she slept through most of her time in the parks). We went back to the parks around 5 and left again around 7:30. We either did child swap or I stayed with her while her parents rode rides I wasn't interested in (oh no don't make grand ma play with the baby). We usually ate at the food booths or outside like at Nomad Lounge or HBD lounge and she didn't cry a bit. She loves seeing people and colors so my son would wear her and she was happy as could be. She could ride rides, she loved Figment and we rode it three times.

We were at Disney the very crowded 50th anniversary week and a woman passed (at MK no less) by holding a TINY infant (teeny blanket was 3/4 off and the gangliest arms and legs were hanging out. The baby looked like it was just prematurely delivered in the car in Disney's parking lot. I'm sorry, it's your right to do whatever you want but this made me literally disturbed. Yes, I am a mother and it made me ill. I'm surprised no one called Children & Family Services. That was abuse in our minds.

With the large crowds and Covid lingering in the air and here I thought nothing would shock me being at Disney.

If you don't agree, fine. That is my opinion and not changing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter