Why do kids hate this

tinkerbellandeeyor

DIS Veteran
Why do kids hate uniforms I love not having to think about what to put on my outfit will be the same every day in the fall team shirt jeans, how much easier can it get?

I as a mom hate it because its just an added expense (times FOUR kids in uniforms!!). They hate it because its boring wearing blue or white with black, blue or tan pants every. single. day.

Why do kids hate uniforms I love not having to think about what to put on my outfit will be the same every day in the fall team shirt jeans, how much easier can it get?
Because kids like being able to look "cool". That can be anything from a certain cartoon character to a certain "look" depending on age.

I thought you were working with pre-schoolers. Is that who you're referring to? I find it hard to believe they "hate" the uniforms. Elementary age through high school, yea.

I as a mom hate it because its just an added expense (times FOUR kids in uniforms!!). They hate it because its boring wearing blue or white with black, blue or tan pants every. single. day.

Now that I think about it the shirts are twice as much as I normally pay, however when I put on the shirt I know I am fallowing the rules as teems of dress so that gives me one less thing to stress over.

I LOVED wearing my uniform. I didn't have to think about what to wear to school everyday, had more time to think and concentrate on school, and it gave me a sense of school identity and pride.

I could still have fun with my regular clothes after school, weekends and on vacation

Because kids like being able to look "cool". That can be anything from a certain cartoon character to a certain "look" depending on age. I thought you were working with pre-schoolers. Is that who you're referring to? I find it hard to believe they "hate" the uniforms. Elementary age through high school, yea.

The school I volunteer at is ages 2-12

I LOVED wearing my uniform. I didn't have to think about what to wear to school everyday, had more time to think and concentrate on school, and it gave me a sense of school identity and pride. I could still have fun with my regular clothes after school, weekends and on vacation

That is how I feel

Because people want to express their individuality. I had to wear a uniform in high school and I hated it, espcially coming from a public school. It was a blue skirt and blue vest. We could wear any shirt except on certain days. I would always wear some crazy shirt, crazy socks and wacky shoes. That's just how I was. Drove the nuns crazy! Forget about how II would wear my hair! :rolleyes1 After I graduated they changed the dress code to only being able to wear white shirts, stockings or tights and dress shoes. :rotfl:

Because people want to express their individuality. I had to wear a uniform in high school and I hated it, espcially coming from a public school. It was a blue skirt and blue vest. We could wear any shirt except on certain days. I would always wear some crazy shirt, crazy socks and wacky shoes. That's just how I was. Drove the nuns crazy! Forget about how II would wear my hair! :rolleyes1 After I graduated they changed the dress code to only being able to wear white shirts, stockings or tights and dress shoes. :rotfl:

I can understand that

One simple reason: Kids don't like being told what to do. Well, none of us really do, but we adults can often understand that the boss has a reason for telling us to do this or that, even if we don't like it. Kids don't always grasp the big picture.

As for expense, the years my girls wore uniforms were MUCH, MUCH cheaper than other years, in terms of clothes. Uniforms are widely available through ebay, clearance tables in the off-season, and school sales "gently used", and if kids wear the same thing day in, day out, they don't need a large wardrobe. The real benefit, of course, goes to people who have more than one child of the same gender -- that $60 jumper, for example, seemed expensive at first, but when you consider that my oldest wore it twice a week for two years, then my youngest wore it twice a week for two more years . . . it was a much better value than the average pair of jeans.

Because people want to express their individuality.
Thing is, if you come to my high school you'll see that on any given day, 3/4 of the girls are wearing skinny jeans or leggings, topped off with a NorthFace fuzzy jacket. So much for individuality. For guys, it's jeans and hoodies.

All three of my children wore uniforms from K-12. They never once complained. Yes, the shirts, skirts, and jumpers were expensive up front, but they wore them for years. Overall I am sure we saved money.

My kids don't wear uniforms, but as a parent I wouldn't like them for the same reasons I bet my kids wouldn't.
They're not cute.
Polo shirts or a white button up. Maybe a boring crew neck sweater. Bleh, no thanks.
And I think I'd buy the same amount of regular clothes-they'd change into something after school. My niece wears a uniform and she has just as many clothes and shoes as my daughter, maybe more.

I wore uniform in both secondary and primary but pretty much all schools in the UK do. The only real complaints I've ever heard was about the colour of our uniform in secondary. Looking back at it, I'm glad we did have uniforms. No worrying about wearing the latest fashions or who's got a more expensive jacket or trainers or whatever. It makes everyone equal.

My kids actually like their uniforms and so do I. The bottoms fit them much better than regular jeans and are easier and cheaper to have altered if need be. I haven't found it anymore expensive to buy uniforms either. Many schools around here require uniforms so everywhere from Goodwill to Macy's stocks the basics and many schools have a uniform swap/sale during the summer.

Thing is, if you come to my high school you'll see that on any given day, 3/4 of the girls are wearing skinny jeans or leggings, topped off with a NorthFace fuzzy jacket. So much for individuality. For guys, it's jeans and hoodies.

That's a very good point. So true!

Because they're ugly and don't allow of individuality. My dd would hate wearing a jumper and polo shirt.

My dd is among the 25% who isn't wearing skinny jeans, uggs and Northface. She hates looking like everyone else.

Mine didn't hate it, they didn't know any different. They mentioned it was strange at first when they started Univ to wear and see people in regular clothing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter