Why do some DVC members think they can get extra perks which are not offered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CR Resort Fan 4 Life

DIS Veteran
This thread is not meant to be mean or anything bad about Disney Vacation Club Members, so I just wanted to make that point for you all to see right away.

Anyway from what I have learned from this great website, Disney Vacation Club members get special perks that regular guests may not get. Some examples being pool hopping, purchasing DVC member only pins & etc, which is fine & it does not bother me at all. However something that kind of bothers me is when others may say, well since I am a DVC member maybe WDW can do this for me or I am paying so much per year I deserve to get it. I understand that DVC members pay so mch per year, because my family & I have friends who have been DVC members since it began in 1991. So I am just wondering why are there some members who think because they get other freebies which are not included for being DVC members?

So I ask that no one flames me over this, because once again I say I am not attacking any DVC members. It's just a simple question I have.

Sorry bud, but you do get a flame on this one. You are attacking DVC members by claiming they do something. But, of course, you offer no proof, no example, nothing. Just a generic slur on DVC members.

If you are upset with something specific somebody said, talk about it. But making a generic attack on DVC members in a DVC forum when you aren't a DVC member... not cool.

Isn't there some other board you could troll?

wishes are part of WDW - DVC is part of WDW.

wishes does't mean it will come truth.

DVC from the start has been a little different. They have definitely ask for our (DVC members) input again and again. They want to know what members like and dislike.

back in the early 90's there are no concierge collection or adventure collection - those got added because of member request and also because DVC wants to be different.

boy I still remember some of the great stuff we got back then. I still miss advanced check in.... but not enough members were participating so it got cancelled.

member participation is the key - if the members want it enough - DVC will try to get it. or not......

I am also an annual pass holder and often think wouldn't it be nice if something was an AP perk beyond what I already get? I'm not a Florida resident but often wish that I had the same perks as those who are. I'm not a Disney Credit Card holder but they get perks too that I don't get (it drives me nuts that they have first shot at some Broadway tickets that I don't. But if I want that then I can get a Disney Credit Card). I am a Disney stockholder but have never quite figured out if there are any perks or not (Maybe the joy of seeing my investment increase or decrease in value?)

My point is that Disney gives different perks to a variety of people and it wouldn't surprise me if there are more than I have mentioned. There is a marketing reason behind all of it. I know it's not my right to have perks and I certainly am not offended that I don't have one that others do. But what's the harm of saying I wish I had...........? That's different than saying as a DVC owner I should have............ I honestly don't see much of that on this Board. Whenever anyone goes in that direction, they are quickly reminded that perks are not in our contract.

BTW, I think DVC members should get limo service from the airport to their DVC resort and not have to use Magical Express.;) Hey I can wish can't I?

HBC

First off "GO LEAFS GO" ( hamilton area here)

I think that us DVC members may expect a little more or "perks" so to speak, is because we have invested alot of money into Disney as well as committing our family vacations to Disney ( mainly) for the next 50 years!!. I think that loyalty to Disney could or should result in some kind of a perk as a "thank-you" for spending your "hard earned money" and "too little vacation time" with us.

just my opinion....

Sorry bud, but you do get a flame on this one. You are attacking DVC members by claiming they do something. But, of course, you offer no proof, no example, nothing. Just a generic slur on DVC members.

If you are upset with something specific somebody said, talk about it. But making a generic attack on DVC members in a DVC forum when you aren't a DVC member... not cool.

Isn't there some other board you could troll?

The question was an honest one and not meant to attack any DVC member.
I am not sure why you think it is an attack on you- maybe you should re-read the post. Saying that he should troll another board is unbelievably rude and totally out of line with the posting guidelines on these boards.

my family & I have friends who have been DVC members since it began in 1991.

ask your friends to list at least 3 things that DVC did - that DVC no longer does -

bid they can.

DVC is not a close system. It changes. So some things though to be impossible now has happened.

DVC members went years without annual pass discount. now we one.

I am a little shocked (mild word) when both WL and BC became part of DVC.

DVC has changed and will continue to change.

Please let us know what things specifically have been requested by DVC members? I have been a very long time poster here, and am active on other websites for owners. I know many of the posters here and elsewhere in person, and some of them I consider close friends.

I cannot recall any examples of where DVC owners thought that they should get something for nothing.

Are you referring to parking at the CR? riding busses when one is not staying at the resort? reusing refillable mugs from past stays? asking the resort to replace Coke products with Pepsi products?

This thread is not meant to be mean or anything bad about Disney Vacation Club Members, so I just wanted to make that point for you all to see right away.

You are attacking DVC members by claiming they do something. But, of course, you offer no proof, no example, nothing. Just a generic slur on DVC members.

I am going to have to agree with Sal on this one, unless you point out some specific behaviours or actions here which you feel are deserving of that comment.

BTW, I am sure that if we try hard enough, we could all find something to complain about in regards to other posters, and what they feel that they deserve. (oh, but that's just 'my opinion') ;)

Be specific when accusing,

Glad you are a fan of the glorious game,
I once scored a hat trick against your leafs in the old barn (maple leaf garden)

Be well

Let me chime in here. When Disney Visa card holders get special perks at the parks I get a little miffed. I can't get a Disney card. Not a US resident. Yet I have put more money into Disney then any Visa card holder ever will. I have requested a discount at WOD store through MS several times. But no response. I have put over $40,000 into DVC and, yes I feel I deserve some perks over the normal visitor.

DVC owes me nothing but what is stated in the contracts. I'll take what they choose to give me and if they take it away, I'll find another way to be happy.

First off "GO LEAFS GO" ( hamilton area here)

Oh, I am showing such restraint to not taunt you right now :)
Go Sabres (and I'll leaf ;) it at that)

Webmastercricket,
Well said, Glad you are hockey fan! guess you are happy about your sabres, lets see if they are the real deal come playoff time, I had the nightmare of hitting the post in game 7 of the 87 finals in EDM, had to watch #99, 11, 7 etc lift the holy grail of hockey, Sure glad DVC is around helps me forget that!!!!

I am a Disney stockholder but have never quite figured out if there are any perks or not (Maybe the joy of seeing my investment increase or decrease in value?)
You enjoy seeing a decrease in value? :)

Sorry I just found this kind of humorous...

Y-ASk

As a DVC member, I would like to be put at the head of the line no matter what the line is for. Now if I could just figure out which line to get into :).

You enjoy seeing a decrease in value? :)

Sorry I just found this kind of humorous...

Oh yes. I always sell short.

Just joking. I was trying to be humorous. If someone found the comment humorous, then it was successful. I would say it was sarcastic but I don't want to be assessed Bad points.

Now if I could just figure out which line to get into.

You can't figure out your line? I find that humorous too.;)

HBC

Anyway from what I have learned from this great website, Disney Vacation Club members get special perks that regular guests may not get. Some examples being pool hopping, purchasing DVC member only pins & etc, which is fine & it does not bother me at all. However something that kind of bothers me is when others may say, well since I am a DVC member maybe WDW can do this for me or I am paying so much per year I deserve to get it. I understand that DVC members pay so mch per year, because my family & I have friends who have been DVC members since it began in 1991. So I am just wondering why are there some members who think because they get other freebies which are not included for being DVC members?

So I ask that no one flames me over this, because once again I say I am not attacking any DVC members. It's just a simple question I have.

I think it is like anything else - there are always people who want something extra, or for free because that is just the way they think- I don't think it is specific to DVC - just the way the world goes these days.

For the person who can't get the discount at WOD because you can't get a VISA card - you can get an annual pass if you find it meets your needs and it gives you a discount there.

Because you never know what you might get unless you ask. If the answer is no, well fine, if your request is doable, it may be fulfilled. And it may also spawn the idea to management that this request is doable for all guests but had never before been thought of.

We deserve more special perks because we're soooooo special. Well, aren't we?? ;)

Then again, I think redheads shoud get special perks too, especially those with really cute redheaded kids...

Your question is too vague. What perks are you referring to, that some DVC think they should get? :confused3

Not to get off the subject but......Hey nmere did you play for the Flyers? Just wondering? If you you don't want to say it here send me a PM I've been a Flyers fan since I was about 5! Has anyone else noticed how the starter of this thread has not responded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter