Why do you love Ohana?

I can't eat the bread pudding (allergies) but my family loves it so incredibly much.

Have you had the kids dessert? We are eating there in November. DH hates bananas, so probably won't eat the bread pudding. I was thinking he might get the kids dessert, since it's chocolate.

Have you had the kids dessert? We are eating there in November. DH hates bananas, so probably won't eat the bread pudding. I was thinking he might get the kids dessert, since it's chocolate.
He might say that. Until he sees it! It is a mighty dessert. I can't remember what they gave me, because it WASN'T the bread pudding :sad: but I think it might have been a gluten free brownie with a bunch of fresh berries and chocolate sauce. I could be wrong, but I don't think the bread pudding has an overwhelming banana flavor. It just looked (only looked :sad:) like bread pudding, a sauce and ice cream. When you get to Ohana, check out other people's plates and see the dessert for yourself and then by the end of the meal decide.

Hello!

I'm getting close to my ADR booking day. It's my first trip to ANYWHERE Disney. As with anywhere, there are people who love/hate/are neutral about a restaurant.

I'm interested in hearing what you think is great about dinner at Ohana. It sounds different from places I've dined and might appeal to everyone in my group (ages 5-75).

Food quality? Quantity? Setting?

I'd love to hear about what makes Ohana a must do for you.

Thanks!!

We've eaten there more years than I can remember and always enjoy our experience! The food has always been delicious. We ask for med rare meats - that's what we get. The ambiance is nice - loud, yes, but that could be a lot of Disney restaurants! The quantity, of course, is however much you'd like to eat - and lastly, that scrumptious bread pudding dessert!! Yum - my!!

The pp that asked about bananas - don't recall much banana to it - except for exactly 2 slices in the sauce!!! The sauce tastes sort of like caramel and vanilla to me.

I'm with your DH on the banana front soniam. Can't stand them!

And yet I LOVE bread pudding.

Do you love their bread pudding or just any bread pudding? Are the bananas in the actual bread pudding, on top, or just in the sauce? You would be amazed at his hatred for bananas or anything banana flavored:)

I also have a reservation this Halloween night which I'm considering cancelling. I'm figuring doing more F&W instead this trip. Being allergic to bananas I probably shouldn't do the bread pudding anyway. So if anyone is interested in my reservation on 10/31, please let me know. Cancelling within the next few minutes. Never done it, so I'm still interested in trying some time but maybe during our December 2018 trip.

Last edited:
Do you love their bread pudding or just any bread pudding? Are the bananas in the actual bread pudding, on top, or just in the sauce? You would be amazed at his hatred for bananas or anything banana flavored:)

Sorry...never tried this bread pudding. Just love it in general. Yet hate bananas.

But given how much people rave about it, I would definitely try it.

Sorry...never tried this bread pudding. Just love it in general. Yet hate bananas.

But given how much people rave about it, I would definitely try it.

I think he'll try a bite, if he can't see any bananas. Even if he doesn't like it, it's not a big deal. He can pig out on candy and treats at MNSSHP afterward:)

That's true, the OP wanted positive things. Ok.
The bread pudding is amazing. So are the apps.
It's fun going to the Poly just because. :)

Does anyone in your party have food sensitivities? I have a DS with food allergies, and it was our most frustrating meal. If not, lots to appreciate about it.

We love Ohana. We have eaten there a dozen times already and never had a bad meal. We love everything about it. We love the food, the atmosphere and loved the entertainment when Lipoa was there. Then there is the bread pudding for dessert - so so delicious.

Okay, my family generally has to go to 'Ohana. The food and the service can be uneven, but when you are there on a good night it is delicious. I think that there is a combination of ambiance and family style service that makes a meal there feel like home and that feeling is a compelling reason to keep returning. I like the wings, and the pot stickers and could make a meal just on them, but I always leave room for the dessert, a delicious bread pudding topped with sauce that I could drink!

Personally, 'Ohana is no tmy favorite restaurant and it si not a must do for me. For my family? There are very few trips that we don't schedule a visit.

My family doesn't care for bread pudding. The kids dessert is brownie with ice cream. It's decent but nothing spectacular. They enjoy it.

I love the location and food... the noodles and shrimp were my favorite. My 6 year old loved the steak and noodles. The bread pudding though omg it's heaven! Sooo good!!!

It has been years since we have eaten there, but we really loved it! Our children were small and didn't really like the sound of the fireworks. We were able to watch them from the restaurant with the music piped in. It was so nice! The meal was lovely and the kids and adults both got to enjoy the fireworks with no tears!

We enjoyed all the food and atmosphere!

Last November was our first time eating there and it's a must get reservation now. The choices are what make it a delight to me. Salad, chicken wings, won tons (or spring rolls), noodles and veggies followed by skewers of chicken, steak and shrimp.

I pretty much eat the salad and shrimp with a taste of the chicken and a bit of steak. I find the shrimp easy to peel and don't feel guilty by eating a LOT of them. :P

The bread pudding is made with their house pineapple sweet bread and served with vanilla bean ice cream with a caramel sauce with sliced bananas in it. I do NOT eat bananas and I love the pudding! DH loves all of it!

There are also activities for the kids like hula dancing, coconut races and such.

If you're on the dining plan, I think it is great value for a 1 credit table service!

Below are the apps/veggies/noodles plate (for 2) and a skewer of chicken.

IMG_2350.JPG IMG_2351.JPG

It's my DH's favorite meal. I enjoy the view, the experience and the bread pudding! (I don't dislike the food, what I've had has been good and flavorful, I just find it to be a lot of meat. I prefer more sides). I think it is totally worth a trip to experience the Poly "feel". It just can't really be described.

We've been going for breakfast every trip for years, because DD loves Stitch. It already has a place in our hearts, but not for the food--more for the monorail trip there, the location, the atmosphere, and the overall experience. And maybe the pog juice.

However, a friend and I tried it for dinner for the first time on our adults only trip this summer, and I really enjoyed it. They were late seating us, but our cocktails were on the house! The service was attentive and steady, and we enjoyed watching the sunset and the fireworks. As PPs have said, the appetizer/noodles/dessert are all really good, and I found all the skewer foods worth first servings--and we even went for seconds on the steak and shrimp. I would recommend it for a first Disney visit. And I'm definitely going back!

It all starts with dessert. :) We find it to be family friendly. Sometimes the service can be slow but it means you can pace yourself and have more room for dessert.

I usually try to stay clear of criticizing my fellow Disboard members, but to all the people who responded they don't like it please pay closer attention to the question and keep your negative thoughts to yourself. The question was why do people love 'Ohana. The OP didn't invite responses from people who don't like it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter