Why does Gary Goldfish stay in one corner all day, video

Whatever you do, don't feed your goldfish graham crackers.

Don't ask me how I know

Awwww. He does seem a bit neurotic though. I can almost hear him saying, "let me out, let me out, is this the way, let me out!"

maybe he is afraid your going to give him a sand box nap

LOL

Its good I don't have any grahm crackers i'd be trying that out :)

He swims that frantically all day? That poor thing is going to give itself a nervous breakdown or a heart attack!! :fish:

maybe thats it,,, he seems so hyper he makes me nervous lol

Is his bowl too heavy to move? If not, maybe move him to another location where the light is dimmer and see if he calms down.

in the library where i work, there is a fishtank in the children's room with a goldfish exactly like yours!

and that fish does the same thing - just hovers in one corner (except when it's feeding time - then it shoots straight up to the top of the tank!)

very strange...

My dog kept getting "stuck" in corners and we fopund out he had a brain tumor.

Seems liek something is wrong with Gary...it almost looks like seizure activity.

Maybe, just maybe, he is suffering from post traumatic stress syndrome. Did he actually see you eat that goldfish cracker that was on your printer? Maybe he is scared he's next?!?

I don't know but I do have a couple of ideas:

1 - Is there a vent blowing on that part of the tank making the glass in that corner warmer or colder than the other glass? Or the opposite.

2 - Is there a light or window or something that could reflect on that portion of the glass and draw his attention? Car lights maybe?

He could just be neurotic. I have heard that fish in a tank can't see the outside world - that they only see a reflection of what is in the tank. I don't think I believe that but if it is true, maybe he is attracted to himself and that is the best portion of the glass to see his reflection.

:confused3

I bought Gary a girlfriend, Gola. She seems to be helping Gary relax.

I think its odd that Gary moved all of the gems in the tank to one pile, Ive never had a fish that rearranged his tank before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter