• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why does it have to be so hard to get mod. Hotel

Disneyfan754321

DIS Veteran
We always stay offsite, I pay under under 900 for 7days in a two bedroom at Sheraton. But we are taking a weekend trip short notice. All the rooms under 200 a night are taken. I even went day by day. I found swan on priceline for 215. But that's still a lot for three days. Is there ever cancellations at pop, etc? How do I get them? We are flying in I'm not trying to get a car or anything just birthday fun for my ds8. Friday-monday ... weekend might also be my problem

The standard rooms at the Mods are the first to book as well. Most people don't want to pay extra for a room location at a Mod resort. So you're probably just seeing pricing on preferred, pool view, and king rooms.

Have you called Disney directly or maybe contacted a Disney Travel agent? They may be able to scope something out for you.

It may be possible to do split stays too maybe. Maybe a resort has one or two nights and then another has one or two. If you stay onsite then the resorts will move your baggage for you. It’s not super ideal, but it may be something.

Have you called Disney directly or maybe contacted a Disney Travel agent? They may be able to scope something out for you.

It may be possible to do split stays too maybe. Maybe a resort has one or two nights and then another has one or two. If you stay onsite then the resorts will move your baggage for you. It’s not super ideal, but it may be something.
No I need to call, just didnt want to get my hope up. I did not know they would move it for me that's super cool. One other time not at disney our checkout was noon and check in at the other hotel was 3 left us really stuck out. They said they would watch our stuff but we declined and went to the beach in a rental car.
We dont mind moving cause this time we are only bringing backpacks cause we are flying spirt. Still dont want to take my clothes to wdw parks

FWIW though I just checked and found POP for April 12-15. Its pretty steap price because there are no discounts and you're in the middle of spring break season but its there.

You didn't even mention a mod?

Yes there are last minute cancellations for places like POP etc but you cannot count on it.

Trying to book last minute for a weekend get away just isn't terribly sensible.
We always go in march , it always falls on my dh12 birthday.... my little one said I wish I had my birthday here... so we are making it happen with out him knowing. Just wants trying to spend 800 on a weekend hotel. Guess I should just take the priceline one while I can, with my sb I get some of it back

I'd book offsite and use Uber if I really wanted to go. I pulled up this weekend, and CS is available in a standard at $263/nt. (not sure when you are traveling). So rooms might open up but they won't be the lower-priced rooms. You can keep trying--people do cancel. Good luck and have fun.

You didn't even mention a mod?

Yes there are last minute cancellations for places like POP etc but you cannot count on it.

Trying to book last minute for a weekend get away at a busy time just isn't terribly sensible.
Pop shows up for me with AP discount but it’s still $200+ a night with tax in April. Even if there is a cancellation it won’t be cheap during spring break.

One other time not at disney our checkout was noon and check in at the other hotel was 3 left us really stuck out. They said they would watch our stuff but we declined and went to the beach in a rental car.

Decent hotels have luggage services where they’ll hold onto luggage. I’d rather have left my bags with a hotel rather than, I assume, keep them in the car while I was at the beach.

Are now going the first weekend in may, I was thinking spring breaks were over, I guess people taking good Friday-easter. My DH said it would be better.... I really love you guys thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter