Why does Saratoga Springs have bus transportation to Downtown Disney?

CR Resort Fan 4 Life

DIS Veteran
Unless this has stopped I am wondering why does Saratoga Springs have bus transportation to Downtown Disney? I have read that it's about a 10 minute walk so I don't see what is the need to have a bus that goes there?

The DTD bus, also serves Typhoon Lagoon. Some people are not able to walk the 10 minutes it takes to get to DTD.

We enjoy the walk and it is alot quicker, but we have hopped on a bus or two.

Unless this has stopped I am wondering why does Saratoga Springs have bus transportation to Downtown Disney? I have read that it's about a 10 minute walk so I don't see what is the need to have a bus that goes there?

In theory, the walking path "closes" at night.

Some people have mobility issues.

Weather can be bad.

The DTD bus shares service with another destination (AK or a waterpark - don't remember which).

Westside DTD is a pretty good walk from the Marketplace (and SSR) - DTD is actually two stops no matter which resort bus you take.

I still prefer to walk to DTD. :goodvibes :goodvibes

Because not every person is able-bodied. Because small children can have a hard time walking for what seems like a short walk for adults. Because some folks are plum tuckered after a long day at the parks.

1) you are assuming that everyone likes to walk.:rolleyes:
2) you are assuming that everyone CAN walk.:sad1:
3) you must have never tried to carry a sleeping toddler after a long day at Disney :headache:

Disney really must provide transportation for many different reasons :flower3:

I am sorry some people are getting upset over such an innocent question. When I wrote it I did not think of guests who are unable to walk which must be bad for them and for guests with children, along with guests who are tired after being in the parks. There is no need to flame me, plus my family and I never stayed at SSR before so I was curious about it.

I am sorry some people are getting upset over such an innocent question. When I wrote it I did not think of guests who are unable to walk which must be bad for them and for guests with children, along with guests who are tired after being in the parks. There is no need to flame me, plus my family and I never stayed at SSR before so I was curious about it.

Not getting upset, just trying to answer your question with all the possible answers we know:grouphug:

3) you must have never tried to carry a sleeping toddler after a long day at Disney :headache:

I envy you. Your child sleeps after a long day at Disney. Our daughter -- now 7 years old, but with 4 Disney trips under her belt -- is usually putting the finishing touches on the plans for yet another long day at Disney.

I wondered the same as the OP. I know some are bringing up the mobility issue, but as someone who has one I thought I'd point out relying on the bus is a poor waste of time. If you can't walk that far you can't walk in the parks or anywhere else at Disney. You are bound for a miserable time unless you rent an ECV or wheelchair. And with one of those a bus to DTD is both irrelevant and more inconvenient. (It takes time to load an ECV and wheelchair, then tie it down.)

Course it could be worse. If you want to bus to Epcot or MGM from BCV you have to hop the bus to AK and get the park on the way back. Trip time is estimated at 60 minutes. Ouch!

Now Typhoon Lagoon is one you'd want to bus to from SSR. I don't fancy crossing the street to get to that park. Heck, I'm not a fan of driving that street. It's like the Indianapolis 500 between those traffic lights on Buena Vista.:scared1:

For the same reason there is a monorail and individual bus service at CR. According to your reasoning, there should just be a TTC for the monorail resorts since you can walk to MK in 10 minutes from each of them, as well as to access the TTC.

Glad you asked the question...
I'm staying at ssr and was hoping there was a bus...

Will be taking advantage of the buses to get to
my adr's at resorts...from dtd...
Glad I can hop on a ssr bus to and fro DTD...
Kerri

Because sometimes, unfortunately, you need a bus just to get around SSR.

I love SSR and I love to walk, but when we stayed there last year, we were at the far end of the Paddock and just getting to the Carriage House was a hike. Depending on your energy level, it can be a lovely stroll or an arduous trek.

Disney or not....My older kids come with us 21-22 and they do the night life at DTD. I am very happy that there is a bus for them to take back to our resort- I would not want them walking at 1-2 in the morning. Itmay be Disney but there are and have been problems late nights. Safety first

I have a question: Why do they have monorail transportation to the MK from the Contemporary Resort?;)

In theory, the walking path "closes" at night.

We have walked to DD many times at night from SSR, it is lit and not closed. :confused3

The path from SSR to OKW is closed as it is not lit at night.

For the same reason there is a monorail and individual bus service at CR. According to your reasoning, there should just be a TTC for the monorail resorts since you can walk to MK in 10 minutes from each of them, as well as to access the TTC.
Actually where your wrong is buses from the Contemporary do not stop at the TTC, because they share with the Polynesian, Grand Floridian and sometimes the Wilderness Lodge.

Deb & Bill said:
I have a question: Why do they have monorail transportation to the MK from the Contemporary Resort?;)
Because the after it leaves the Contemporary it stops at the TTC, Polynesian and Grand Floridian if guests need to get off at any of those locations before arriving at the Magic Kingdom.

Because after it leaves DTD (both the Marketplace and Westside), it goes to TL. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter